View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Encounter at Nabai problem 

ok for the third time my legion has had this mission and i still say its flawed. being more specific its task 1 Retrieve Exodrone Specimens. they are supposed to be uncommon but act more like a rare enemy. this time around iv killed just under 1200 npcs so far (which doesnt include elites) and only found a total of 12 silthion exodrones. thats a 1% chance for them to spawn how is that a uncommon enemy. how exactly are we supposed to find 30 in 3 days let alone 200 as a legion so other can do other task connected to this mission. please for my sanity and the sanity of the rest of the galaxy fix this mission or at least look into why it seems these thing never spawn.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:15 pm

Must be you...

We are less than 18 hours into it, we have 176 drones killed, two people completed.

You are level 1359.

Our completions include someone who is 137x. Another 137x has 6 of them on his BT, waiting to get 8 to use his Raix MegaWeapon.

We also have a number of less than 1kers who have 10+ in that time frame.

While I wouldn't mind them being a little more common, it isn't an unreasonable task based on who has found them in my legion.

These step limited LMs are sort of interested, you get to see who has self-control and can read wiki/FBpage/announcement and not fail for starting too early.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:24 pm

Actually, it sounds like your legion. If any legion plans to do Legion Missions, they must be dedicated to the required tasks. And if your members are not, perhaps you need to make some decisions regarding the value of the Mission Control Center. Is it worth 10B credits a day if your members aren't able to complete the tasks? Or do you need to alter your play styles in order to get high success chances?

#1 in GL... and in your heart

ImageImage

Top 50 in Battles
Top 10 in Kills, Raids, Hacks and Medal Points
Officer in Empire of the Sun

Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:29 pm

SuperStar wrote:
Or do you need to alter your play styles in order to get high success chances?

This is very important point. Many legions are happy and/or satisfied never making it to the follow up or getting relic badges for passing the mission. The artifact dropped from the mission is enough. Other legions find hitting high to be the important part of doing LMs.

Personally, GP is pretty strict in who can do what, some missions choices are earned. This is a good example of one. T1 is by far the hardest so as we get it again and again, people who have done it can do the optional task. No one can move on without doing T1 so they should be rewarded for doing so.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:47 pm

Actually if you keep track for thousands upon thousands of NPCs and work to determine approximate spawn rates, 1 in ~100 is squarely within the easier to find Uncommons. That's not to say this is an easy hunt, as it's certainly one of the three most difficult Legion Mission hunts out there, but I bolded the Uncommons so my point would be easier to see.

Dark Runner = 1 in ~5
Sha'din Charger = 1 in ~5
Crimson Flamehawk = 1 in ~5
Rogue Tech Collector = 1 in ~6
Rogue Data Analyzer = 1 in ~7
Dark Trafficker = 1 in ~39
Stryll Trapper = 1 in ~41
Sha'din Penetrator = 1 in ~91
RSL Siege Cannon = 1 in ~126
Octafari Leviathan = 1 in ~130
Sha'din Shockfighter = 1 in ~133
Lazuli Harrower = 1 in ~144
Mylarai Extractor = 1 in ~167
Sabre Gunship = 1 in ~173
Blade Harvester = 1 in ~179
RSL Confinement Center = 1 in ~185

T.O. Troop Carrier = 1 in ~370
Dark Arms Carrier = 1 in ~370
Rogue LabPod = 1 in ~384
Rogue Experimenter = 1 in ~2073

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:03 am
Profile WWW

You left out the Stryll Assassin. :)

I agree, 1 in 100 isn't bad. What I really had a hard time with though is the Bralkir Warships. I had to rank 19 times to find and kill 30 of those. I did do a very few missions here and there, but that was basically because I had leftover energy when i was about to rank. I'm not sure how many total NPC's I killed during that time, but I do know I had around 520 Stryll Assassins, 14 Blade Harvesters, 5 Troop Carriers, 7 Dark Arms Carriers and 3 Rogue Labpods. You could probably estimate from that the total number of NPC's I killed during that time, but the point is that I ranked 19 times to find 30 Warships. That's got to be a LOT less than 1 in 100, so 1 in 100 is actually pretty good.

Estimated energy used 180,500
If it takes an average of say 5 hits to kill one npc, that's 30 energy per kill or 6k NPCs. 30 in 6k is .5% or 1 in 200. So yeah, 1 in 100 is much better. (though I didn't factor in the 1400 energy used to kill each warship so that'd change things.)

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:53 am

ok more stats for u nay sayers. 2000ish npcs killed 21 exodrones found alone with 14 troop carriers 9 labpods 14 blade harvesters and 1 rogue experimenter. so according to what u guys say exodrones still spawn at a normal acceptable rate i dont think so its broken so please fix it.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:22 pm

First, understand 2000 NPCs is a somewhat small sample. Maybe you got the short hand of the stick this time. There can be a huge variance in data. Look at the number you listed. Blade Harvesters are listed as uncommon, yet you found more silthion Exodrones than Harvesters. Have you ever complained about harvesters? No. Second of all..why the heck are you complaining when you found FOURTEEN TO Troop Carriers? I dont believe you found 14 TO Troop carriers in 2000 kills. THats a spawn rate of 1:142. Id kill to have a spawn rate that high. That said, most people in the higher ranks have at least 6 NPC slots. Clearing those slots 20 times to spawn 1 LM NPC doesnt seem too rare to me.

The only issue I have with the LM is how it requires you to kill 30 instead of the usual 10. These have the same spawn rate as galakis pirates, siladon mine cores, etc. Typically 1000 kills to get 10. If you are going to complain, look at the actual statistics. There is a thread on the forums with recordings of NPCs killed required to complete NPC LMs. Sure maybe 30 is a bit much, but they arent any rarer than their other LM NPC cousins. So stop throwing a hissy fit and just slog through with it. Itll take you about 3000 kills, or equal to doing the regular LM NPC mission 3 times. If you arent usually an NPCer, than this task just isnt meant for you. Learn from your mistakes and grow up. Move on, theres other things to do in the game. And most of us are in disagreeance with you. That suggests maybe you just dont have the right playstyle suited for this LM. Many people can mill through 1k NPCs in just over an hour. 3.5 hours for an already recognized as hard LM shouldn't kill you.

Shadeslayer wrote:
You left out the Stryll Assassin. :)

I agree, 1 in 100 isn't bad. What I really had a hard time with though is the Bralkir Warships. I had to rank 19 times to find and kill 30 of those. I did do a very few missions here and there, but that was basically because I had leftover energy when i was about to rank. I'm not sure how many total NPC's I killed during that time, but I do know I had around 520 Stryll Assassins, 14 Blade Harvesters, 5 Troop Carriers, 7 Dark Arms Carriers and 3 Rogue Labpods. You could probably estimate from that the total number of NPC's I killed during that time, but the point is that I ranked 19 times to find 30 Warships. That's got to be a LOT less than 1 in 100, so 1 in 100 is actually pretty good.

Estimated energy used 180,500
If it takes an average of say 5 hits to kill one npc, that's 30 energy per kill or 6k NPCs. 30 in 6k is .5% or 1 in 200. So yeah, 1 in 100 is much better. (though I didn't factor in the 1400 energy used to kill each warship so that'd change things.)

Thats 42,000 energy used to kill the warships so quite a big difference. That said, 138,500 energy is still a large sum. Translates into 4.6k NPCs, about 1 in 150... so still only a little short of the expected average. Ive been told the Bralkir and Silthioin LMs require 100k-200k e from those that have done it, depending on your luck. Matches pretty evenly with your sample set.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:28 pm

TrinityThree wrote:
First, understand 2000 NPCs is a somewhat small sample. Maybe you got the short hand of the stick this time. There can be a huge variance in data. Look at the number you listed. Blade Harvesters are listed as uncommon, yet you found more silthion Exodrones than Harvesters. Have you ever complained about harvesters? No. Second of all..why the heck are you complaining when you found FOURTEEN TO Troop Carriers? I dont believe you found 14 TO Troop carriers in 2000 kills. THats a spawn rate of 1:142. Id kill to have a spawn rate that high. That said, most people in the higher ranks have at least 6 NPC slots. Clearing those slots 20 times to spawn 1 LM NPC doesnt seem too rare to me.

I agree. I'd LOVE to have a spawn rate like that for Troop Carriers! 1 in 142. I'd get several a day at least.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:45 pm

nothing wrong with the spawn rate of the exodrones if you ask me

a normal legion mission where you need to find 10 uncommon takes me around 1.000 kills or so
last time I did task 1 on Encounter at Nabai, it took me around 4.000 kills to find the 30 Exodrones, but did hit a dead spot in the middle of the hunt where I didnt get any Exodrones for 600 to 800 kills

4000 kills for 30 would put them around the same spawn rate, as Crimson Sniper Drones, Galakis Pirates, Xathe Vortex Entities etc
the only difrence is you need to find 3* the useal number

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:27 pm

exodrones are nothing compared to the other uncommon lm npcs. those iv never had a problem with usually find 10 within the first hour of mission being started but we are on day 3 thousands of npcs killed 10s of thousands of e used and numerous ranks gained. it was the same the 2 other times iv done this mission. i could also give stats on the other things iv gotten from npcs that would further convince that spawn rate of exodrones is more of a rare enemy rather than uncommon.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:35 pm

I think it's just you then. Nobody else seems to have a problem with them.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:39 pm

to be honost shin1
I dont think the problem is the spawn rate of the exodrones...., I think the problem might actualy be the RNG
for some reason or another, the RNG sometimes seme to get stuck handing out certain results

sometimes you get 8+ Lazuli Fabrication Plant within 10 to 20 min
sometimes the only boss NPC anyone in legion finds and share are Sha'din Hypergrids
and sometimes you can kill NPC's for 4 hours straigth, without finding a single T.O carrier or legion mission NPC

the thing is, if you find a exodrones, you can usealy find more of them if you keep killing NPC's
and if you dont find any for 500+ kills, theire are aslo a good chance, thay you can keep killing NPC without finding any exodrones at all

the last NPC hunt I did was for strazis
I did a full rank of NPC killing, without finding any at all, not that I cared mutch as I was getting a good number of Fab plants, queens and other uncommon and rare NPC's
after I ranked I took a short break, and when I came back online I sudently got 4 or 5 strazis in less then 2.000 energy

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:10 pm

Well - last year the spawn rate was improved, so I've been wanting to see how bad this mission is. This week, somebody killed one before somebody else in the legion could skip the mission, so we finally got to attempt it.

So...one data point: It took 1638 NPCs to find 30 exodrones, so one every 54 NPCs(ish) - about twice the drop rate that they used to have based on the above estimates, I'd wager.

Seems about on par with the darmos drone hunt...except that this mission task needs to be rushed as it unlocks task 2 (and by extension task 3)...

So probably still worth skipping unless you have enough high level players to take turns on task 1 in a quick enough fashion to let folks get to task 3 a few times (that being the best reward...)

Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:30 am

Texas Toast wrote:
Well - last year the spawn rate was improved, so I've been wanting to see how bad this mission is. This week, somebody killed one before somebody else in the legion could skip the mission, so we finally got to attempt it.

you can still skip the LM even after someone has completed one round .. just as long as they have not completed the task yet.

for me, nabai will always be just bait for the 'skip LM' medal.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:23 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
you can still skip the LM even after someone has completed one round .. just as long as they have not completed the task yet.

I haven't tested it for a while but I'm pretty sure that as long as any progress is made on any task it doesn't allow you. Maybe I misrecall, but pretty sure that's how it behaved last time I tried.

Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:52 pm

Texas Toast wrote:
senatorhung wrote:

I haven't tested it for a while but I'm pretty sure that as long as any progress is made on any task it doesn't allow you. Maybe I misrecall, but pretty sure that's how it behaved last time I tried.

That is incorrect. Only a full completion prevents you from skipping. Additional note, if a person has partial progress and even fails a task, the mission can be skipped. If a person has a completed task and then fails, the mission can NOT be skipped.

Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:54 pm

senatorhung wrote:

call me crazy, but I actualy used to like doing that mission
atleast until I got to this point....

the Silthion Vesicle Evolutions are still nice, but soner or later you run out of players that want to kill the drones

Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:49 pm

DarkMar wrote:
call me crazy, but I actualy used to like doing that mission
atleast until I got to this point....

Nice!

I wouldn't mind taking my turn on task 1 as long as I got to rotate to task 3, but haven't been in a legion with enough high rank players to make it worthwhile. Hell, until recently, it wouldn't have been worthwhile for me to do it.

I'll be good with skipping it in the future, but glad to have gotten the data point at least. Other folks finishing up are finding that I'm at the quicker end for finishing; most are high 50s or low/mid 60s for NPCs to kill for each exodrone. Also makes me think baiting might actually work, as they seemed to come easier when I had a megaweapon available, and at least for the first batch found them in around 33-34 NPCs/each.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]