View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 New Moderators please! 

I know that there are probably things that go on behind the scenes, but Presence should be one quality in a moderator. With the exception of S. Hawking who visited to forum 2 days ago, the other mods have been gone for a while:

Code:
MrSpock: Last visited:    Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:55 am
Maude: . Last visited:    Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:21 pm
Baci: . .Last visited:    Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:12 pm
Custos: .Last visited:    Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:57 am

I'd like to see some action in this area, specially with the constant seemingly unchecked flame wars in the forums. I don't like to see that and I'd rather that new moderators were appointed to replace ones that have become less active.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:27 pm

Baci and Custos as far as I am aware retired from Moderating LONG ago.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:33 pm

We moderate too much, we don't moderate enough, make up your mind(s). Things in the forums have been relatively quiet. While we may not be logging into our moderator accounts as much as you think we should, it does not mean that we aren't reading the forums looking for issues.

I'm quite happy I haven't felt the need to log in as much as I use to. I think that says good things on how people are acting here.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:03 pm

MrSpock wrote:
We moderate too much, we don't moderate enough, make up your mind(s). Things in the forums have been relatively quiet. While we may not be logging into our moderator accounts as much as you think we should, it does not mean that we aren't reading the forums looking for issues.

I'm quite happy I haven't felt the need to log in as much as I use to. I think that says good things on how people are acting here.

I can't argue with my Vulcan colleague's logic. ;)

Just as Mr.Spock stated, I log in daily on my regular profile and if something needs attention or may need attention, only then is action taken. Regardless, I check in every couple days to review any private contact. Not being able to see us does not mean we are not here. And I think I can speak for Mr.Spock also when I say our office doors are always open if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:18 pm

MrSpock wrote:
While we may not be logging into our moderator accounts as much as you think we should

I completely missed that you would have both, but it does make sense you would mostly be browsing as your regular user. I appologize for jumping to conclusions there.

MrSpock wrote:
We moderate too much, we don't moderate enough, make up your mind(s)..

Personally I just don't like flame wars as in these threads:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41524
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41681
the back and forth about PA and all that is something that should be handled privately imo.

Thanks for reading and responding!

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:25 pm

MrSpock wrote:

That or most of the people have left as a result of either the game and/or the change in the forum.
Back in the day I would go afk for 15 minutes and have 10+ topics bumped, now I go to sleep(6-8hrs) and maybe on the rare occasion have 10 topics bumped. All I see now are trading posts(I rarely buy and its much easier in fb groups, except planets), suggestions(haven't seen one implemented in forever), and a bunch of ssb+slow rankers how's my ship thread.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:45 pm
Profile WWW

I think there's a moderate level of mods moderating the mental metabolism of this miasma.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:32 am

MrSpock wrote:
We moderate too much, we don't moderate enough, make up your mind(s).

Can't win for losing.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:23 am

Location: Where are the QSES? AMIRITE??? AMIRITE???Who is "the fly"?!How long can you make this?
Definitely don't log on enough. Every time I have messaged a mod I don't receive any acknowledgement that it has even been read.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:07 am

ShadowsPoison wrote:
Definitely don't log on enough. Every time I have messaged a mod I don't receive any acknowledgement that it has even been read.

Private message notices are sent via e-mail so we don't have to be on to know we got them.

FWIW, no reported messages since the 6th and no unread private messages.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:22 am

ShadowsPoison wrote:

If it was important enough Im sure you'd get a response... This comes across the same as people moaning that Dan doesn't reply to their messages.

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:30 am

darmok and jalad at tanagra :o

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:36 am

Chakotay. congrats MArried MAN!

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]