View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Planets repopulating after one hit 

Have been meaning to post this for awhile.

While doing Legion Missions, noticed that after the first shot you take at a planet, the next action you do will restore that planet's population to its previous state.

For example: you attack a planet with no defense and 40 population, it will drop to 20 population... then you use an artifact on your ship or otherwise find a way to refresh the planet, and BOOM -- it's back to 40 pop.

This is apparent when you are attacking a planet too. In the above example, the planet's population would remain at 20 after your second hit, because it went back up to 40, then dropped back down to 20 again.

The population refreshing bug ONLY occurs after the first shot. I have found no examples of it occurring at any other point during planetary invasions.

-------
Not like this is a game-breaking bug, but it is obviously a problem, and hopefully easily fixed.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:03 pm

It happens ... all the time ... on pretty much every planet you attack, and especially on inactive owned planets that heave not been attacked in a long time.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Serne wrote:
It happens ... all the time ... on pretty much every planet you attack, and especially on inactive owned planets that heave not been attacked in a long time.

Not sure what your point is? Unless it should happen for some reason I don't understand, shouldn't it be reported as an issue?

:o

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:45 am
Let me explain. What the first hit does is effectively refresh the planet population count, as it keeps going up and up and up (even past the cap). It takes that first hit to refresh to what the planet should have. The hits after that function as normal. Does that make sense?

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:34 am

Joseph4 wrote:
Let me explain. What the first hit does is effectively refresh the planet population count, as it keeps going up and up and up (even past the cap). It takes that first hit to refresh to what the planet should have. The hits after that function as normal. Does that make sense?

Makes perfect sense. Not. Planet population should not be going past it's cap. Attacking a planet should decrease the population, not "count" or "refresh" the population (if that's the case, then the first attack should not use 5 energy). That should be done upon opening the planet screen when you click on the planet name. I believe it needs to be fixed. And it does happen ALL the time. Not on every planet, but a lot of them.

Mind you, it's not a huge deal, and I'm not gonna get hung up on it, but it's just one of those little bugs that should be fixed at some point.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:42 am

Quote:
Mind you, it's not a huge deal, and I'm not gonna get hung up on it, but it's just one of those little bugs that should be fixed at some point.
Exactly.

That "not a huge deal" factor is why I keep forgetting to post this topic. Would definitely like to be sure Dan is aware of it and see it fixed someday, but there are several other more important changes/fixes I'd like to see for sure!

Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]