View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Dear Dan.... 

Hey old time friend!!!

I place this in Issues because to me and evidently many others, this is an issue.

More players have been lost than alts have been created, and that is a problem. I would LOVE to play GL again, and support you and this game in any way I can.

My question, is, can you create a version 2, let everyone start over, and bring back GL to its glory on a fresh start? I would LOVE to play again, but after over a year off, I cannot go back to my old ship and I am sure this is a problem for many others who have taken a break.

Please PM me if you have other games - or to speak about this "problem" - I would again...LOVE to try to help as GL was a great experience for me and so many others. I would enjoy being a part of it all again if you can help -

Miss you bud, and warm regards -

Chris

Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:51 am

+1

The Dark Justice, assisting New Ship Members w/Everyday Even Strong Artifacts Payout

Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:14 am

-1 I have spent a lot of money in my current ship to support Dan and his game. If Dan started over, he'd lose a lot of players.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:45 am

Toruk_Makto wrote:
-1 I have spent a lot of money in my current ship to support Dan and his game. If Dan started over, he'd lose a lot of players.

Did you even read what Kochan was saying? He said create a version 2 not start the current GL all over again.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:58 pm

Ko-Chan wrote:
Hey old time friend!!!

My question, is, can you create a version 2, let everyone start over, and bring back GL to its glory on a fresh start? I would LOVE to play again, but after over a year off, I cannot go back to my old ship and I am sure this is a problem for many others who have taken a break.

Chris

Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:15 pm

version 2 learn to read it version 2 would mean just another domain all fresh planets and fresh ships you would still have this ship to play with but you also have another if you went and joined that domain...

ko chan i suggested this to dan on multiple times he never responded back about it i think it be a great idea it would allow every1 a chance to have a second ship for this game but in different worlds that they never meet planets never meet either allowing those of us who may of screwed up on your current ships but also we do not wish to reset just to start over lol

i would love to see this done i sure would join in on that part to play the game there as well as here

Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:37 pm

Location: Where are the QSES? AMIRITE??? AMIRITE???Who is "the fly"?!How long can you make this?
Version 2 or server 2? As in how other games have multiple servers for different parts of the world

Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:42 pm

pokerman123 wrote:
version 2 learn to read it version 2 would mean just another domain all fresh planets and fresh ships you would still have this ship to play with but you also have another if you went and joined that domain...

ko chan i suggested this to dan on multiple times he never responded back about it i think it be a great idea it would allow every1 a chance to have a second ship for this game but in different worlds that they never meet planets never meet either allowing those of us who may of screwed up on your current ships but also we do not wish to reset just to start over lol

i would love to see this done i sure would join in on that part to play the game there as well as here

To do that would require a second server, which would double the costs that Dan currently has to pay, so fat chance.

People need to show some common sense(not in an offensive way), and realize just how awful starting over on a new server would be.

You would effectively be going back in time 4 1/2 years and playing GalaxyLegion, the way it used to be played.

There would be no bases to feed your ship artifacts.
No way to get copious amounts of research early from being handed planets or hacking a friendly high rank player.
No maxed artifact planets for you to scan(other than natural exotics/dysons... which you would have no means of cloaking).

If you want a fresh start, the best way possible is to reset your ship and start at rank 1 on the server we currently play on. If you have friends in the game, they can feed you research via planets or via hacking back and forth, you can get your ship off to a really good start with the payout from a lvl 6+ artifact base.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:20 pm

-1 Concentrate on the current GL both in terms of finance and effort.

Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:22 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
pokerman123 wrote:

To do that would require a second server, which would double the costs that Dan currently has to pay, so fat chance.

People need to show some common sense(not in an offensive way), and realize just how awful starting over on a new server would be.

You would effectively be going back in time 4 1/2 years and playing GalaxyLegion, the way it used to be played.

No way to get copious amounts of research early from being handed planets or hacking a friendly high rank player.
No maxed artifact planets for you to scan(other than natural exotics/dysons... which you would have no means of cloaking).

If you want a fresh start, the best way possible is to reset your ship and start at rank 1 on the server we currently play on. If you have friends in the game, they can feed you research via planets or via hacking back and forth, you can get your ship off to a really good start with the payout from a lvl 6+ artifact base.

I dunno Zhu Zhu... That sounds kinda fun. Back when pretty much EVERYONE was on an even footing because you had to make your way on your own. One has to wonder how well some of today's players would be able to hang.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:15 am
Profile WWW

And the past would repeat itself. You'd have a large upper class that takes all the good planets and any new players on v2 are stuck with and same all junk we already scan on each planet scan.

Money and time. Money and time. I'd rather he spent it on v1 and keep updating and growing the current game.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:13 pm

I just wanted to see my new most awesome signature because its the best one. It's Funky.
Move along, nothing to see here.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:43 pm

I have mixed feelings about a version 2. While you could 'correct' many issues from the start, the feeling of loss for many would be overwhelming. I also totally disbelieve the ability to manage and adequately update and support two versions. One would suffer and i beleive that would be the current one.

A new setup would still favor the skilled and learned people from the current setup, but losing all the things you worked and strived for over years, literally, would seem a brutal face slap.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:15 am

i would NOT support a standalone version 2 that duplicates everything in standard version.

i WOULD support having a version 2 that is intended to be a test server to try out features (like racial loyalties, contested planets, PvP tweaks, training modules, etc.) where everyone who wishes can set up another ship and try out a different build style, with the caveat that this entire version 2 server will be reset on a regular basis, with no requirement for advance notice.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:42 am
Profile WWW

kirkeastment wrote:

Hiya Kirk, long time ;)

But that is precisely what I would enjoy...a second "dimension" where anyone who wishes to start over at a level playing field can. Granted, as some have suggested, there will be top players as well as low, or mediocre ones. This happens in anything - games, irl, etc.

The most fun I had in this game as well as many others was the beginning, the start, the buildup, the undiscovered content. After over a year of not playing, I get on, and have the same missions to do as before. NPC hunt and PVP? Did it as long as I could, after doing everything else that is maxed out now, and got old pretty fast.

That is the type of player I am. Some of us get tired doing the same thing over...and over...and over...and...well...we lose interest.

A new beginning could bring excitement to a lot of current, as well as new players. That's all I am suggesting. Based on the lag I am seeing I highly doubt another server is in the cards....so I shall cry myself to sleep tonight lol

Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:39 am

- 100 Dan can't fix the bugs we have now and bad math and bad code.... Ya really want that man spreading his abilities out across two games......? smfh

Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:03 am

Ko-Chan wrote:
Hiya Kirk, long time ;)

But that is precisely what I would enjoy...a second "dimension" where anyone who wishes to start over at a level playing field can. Granted, as some have suggested, there will be top players as well as low, or mediocre ones. This happens in anything - games, irl, etc.

The most fun I had in this game as well as many others was the beginning, the start, the buildup, the undiscovered content. After over a year of not playing, I get on, and have the same missions to do as before. NPC hunt and PVP? Did it as long as I could, after doing everything else that is maxed out now, and got old pretty fast.

That is the type of player I am. Some of us get tired doing the same thing over...and over...and over...and...well...we lose interest.

A new beginning could bring excitement to a lot of current, as well as new players. That's all I am suggesting. Based on the lag I am seeing I highly doubt another server is in the cards....so I shall cry myself to sleep tonight lol

Hey man how you been..

I like ur idea for a 2nd noob Galaxy.. +1

- Forum topics are not the proper place to bring up inter-legion conflicts.

Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:40 pm

senatorhung wrote:
i would NOT support a standalone version 2 that duplicates everything in standard version.

i WOULD support having a version 2 that is intended to be a test server to try out features (like racial loyalties, contested planets, PvP tweaks, training modules, etc.) where everyone who wishes can set up another ship and try out a different build style, with the caveat that this entire version 2 server will be reset on a regular basis, with no requirement for advance notice.

That sounds like a more reasonable option. I assume there is already a way to test new developments for the game, but this would be more fun and allow the players to be more involved in testing.

--Erica
The Dysonians

Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Ever one at square one would be fun. If Dan could crush the multi abuse.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:29 pm

For anyone that thinks this is a good idea, check out the FB game Starfleet Commander. It now has somewhere in the neighborhood of 7, YES 7 different universes. (TBH I have lost track of how many there are now).

Effects this has on the game.
1. It spreads out all players over multiple versions of the same game, and not all players play all versions. In fact, most barely play 1, so your average users per version is going to be way down from what we have now. Not good.
2. (assuming you use it as a test bed for possible implementations to the real thing) It allows you to test/tweak/try out whatever changes you want to make to the game to see the effects before implementing them. Can be good.
3. People quit. It's a fact. I've seen it other games with multiple versions, and every time you do this, people quit playing at a faster rate than ever before. Very Bad.
4. Splits up the dev's time meaning changes are fewer and further between, and not as good. Bugs get fixed less. Changes take longer to implement. Very Bad.
5. New versions will cull players from the original, lowering player base here, and not have as many players as we do in the original version anyway. Further spreading out player base. Bad.
6. Players who have spent money on the original version will not play the newer versions because they don't want to spend the money again. Low player base for new versions, and a lot of work to keep it running. Bad.

True, some people will play both, or all 3, or however many we end up with. But take it from one who's been there. I played 2 versions of the same game for awhile. The second version was better, and eventually I stopped playing the first. I ended up finding another game that I liked better (for the record, it was GL.).

+1

Overall, -4.

Sorry, but this idea just doesn't hold water with me.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next