View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Display Issues with Pop-Up Alerts in Google Chrome 

Pop-up alerts for pretty much everything from NPCs to legion announcements aren't loading correctly.

When checking back after a period of inactivity and there are a lot of alerts (enough to fill the screen from top to bottom) some seem to half-load, being translucent as if they began to fade in and then stopped.

Many new alerts which pop-up whilst actively playing will often become full opaque but only half of it will load (The right hand side will be visible however the left hand side will not). Highlighting the alerts by clicking and dragging the mouse seems to resolve this issue for individual alerts but the problem occurs with subsequent alerts.

I will provide screenshots when the issue happens again. I didn't think to make a thread until I closed the alerts.

Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:31 pm

this has happened to me to and also to go with google chrome my chat loads half

Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:33 pm

An example:

Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:52 pm

Me too :P
Thought it was because I'm using XP, but seems like it's not the case... Weirdly enough, I'm not experiencing (AFAIK) this in my office Chrome (W10)

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:39 am
Profile WWW

Some more.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm

And more. The entire box was translucent, as if half-loaded, until I closed the legion comm.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:12 pm

Clear your cache if you haven't tried that yet.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:44 am

Malevolentia wrote:
An example:

this is still happening any word from dan on a possible fix it is annoying when you are in a npc legion and an alert pops up if your not quick on clicking you lose out so with this happening i been losing out on allot of npcs and this is what it looks like

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:31 am

Yep, I still get it albeit not as bad now. Clearing my cache did not solve the issue.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:02 pm

same. chrome.

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:12 pm

Aaargh :x

Was just cycling through the different tabs on GL, had full health and shield and all of a sudden 6 notifications pop up, all my traps have been triggered and I've been disabled, raided and hacked, with absolutely no warning.

This happens often.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Epicownage wrote:

Was just cycling through the different tabs on GL, had full health and shield and all of a sudden 6 notifications pop up, all my traps have been triggered and I've been disabled, raided and hacked, with absolutely no warning.

This happens often.

Not the same issue. Alerts come through when something happens in the game, most commonly when shields or energy recharges. This thread is about alerts not displaying correctly.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:48 pm

Malevolentia wrote:
Epicownage wrote:

This happens often.

Not the same issue. Alerts come through when something happens in the game, most commonly when shields or energy recharges. This thread is about alerts not displaying correctly.

I use Chrome and get the issue you described so I thought I'd add another issue I've found that could be to do with Chrome.

Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:32 pm

Epicownage wrote:
Malevolentia wrote:
Epicownage wrote:

This happens often.

I use Chrome and get the issue you described so I thought I'd add another issue I've found that could be to do with Chrome.

That is not an issue with chrome, that is just the way alerts load in GL.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]