View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Second attack on planet not dealing damage 

I have noticed on several occasions that when attacking a planet often a second attack on a planet does not always deal damage.

The population will remain the same but I get XP for the hit and it reports the normal (-20).
I am not sure if it matter but I normally notice when doing the Secure Surrounding Space, but that is normally when I am looking at the pop so it may be irrelevant.
I am also dealing max (20) damage not sure if that matters either.
I have also noticed that as far as I can tell it always seems to be the second attack that is not registered but the first and third onward seem to be fine.

Below are images of 3 back to back attacks on a planet with a few second between hits for screen caps.

Kills: 5753 and counting
Deaths: 44

Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:03 am

If I'm not mistaken, this is an old bug.

Currently, there are 2 which affected by this bug :
Shield
Population.

Both regenerates over time, and can exceed the maximum.

This can be replicated easily. Use a shield restorer, then shield amplifier. Your shield will still be fully replenished (should be only half-full). As long as there is no 'refresh tick', this should work (refresh tick refers to when you attack, get attacked, regenerate shield, or energy)

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:48 am
Profile WWW

I've seen the exact same thing just about every time I attack a planet too NM. The second hit does not actually reduce the pop. Very annoying when using tenebris probes for legion mission.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:50 am

This is one of those inconsequential glitches that have been around since the start.

Oh and Carhart, if your able to do the Tenebris probe task, that extra bit of wasted energy shouldn't be bothersome.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:46 pm
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
This is one of those inconsequential glitches that have been around since the start.

Oh and Carhart, if your able to do the Tenebris probe task, that extra bit of wasted energy shouldn't be bothersome.

The energy is not bothersome. Watching the glitch in action is..... annoying. The energy might be inconsequential for you and me but possibly meaningful for noobs with very low energy bars invading a planet.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:55 pm

Gerhard Meuller wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:

The energy is not bothersome. Watching the glitch in action is..... annoying. The energy might be inconsequential for you and me but possibly meaningful for noobs with very low energy bars invading a planet.

If said noob is so low on energy that 5 more breaks them, they shouldn't be trying in the first place.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:44 pm
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:
If said noob is so low on energy that 5 more breaks them, they shouldn't be trying in the first place.

The Forum is called Issues and Support. This is an issue. Your opinion on whether it matters or not or whether it should be fixed or not is irrelevant. Let Dan decide if he's going to do something about it.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:54 pm

all you have to do to 'resolve' this issue is to use a flux probe on the planet before your first attack. the population gets synced and every hit counts from then on.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:59 pm
Profile WWW

Dan has acknowledged this 'issue' (I mean it's five energy!) in a previous thread and said it can't be fixed.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:28 pm

senatorhung wrote:
all you have to do to 'resolve' this issue is to use a flux probe on the planet before your first attack. the population gets synced and every hit counts from then on.

Didn't know that. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the info Senator!

Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]