View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Metallurgy Shop 

We quite liked the idea of this and worked hard on getting our trainees all growed up so they could help us to get multiples of this.

The text of the ability says this:
Metallurgy Shop
Boosts base hull maximum by 4% for each active, loyal trainee and graduate in your legion, multiplied by the number of Metallurgy Shops installed on the base.

Now, we have 4 active loyal trainees (and 2 others who are not yet loyal). We've got two Metallurgy Shops.

So when we went to activate the ability, I expected the math to look like this:
4% x 4 trainees x 2 metallurgy shops = 32%

Instead when I activated the ability it gave me 16%

Logic would seem to state that the boost just hasn't recognized that we have the 2nd Metallurgy Shop. Thusly I'm reporting it as an issue.

p.s. *is eager to work out the math of how this is going to make our base just that much harder*

Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:04 pm

I just activated the ability again to see if anything had been done and I saw this:

Metallurgy Shop : Hull +8%
(3 hours, 58 mins left)

So now it's gone even farther into the wrong direction. Still 4 active trainees and 2 metallurgy shops.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:15 pm

Jawwa wrote:
I just activated the ability again to see if anything had been done and I saw this:

Metallurgy Shop : Hull +8%
(3 hours, 58 mins left)

So now it's gone even farther into the wrong direction. Still 4 active trainees and 2 metallurgy shops.

When was the last time the trainee's logged in?

Perhaps this new idea of "active" pertains to logged in within the last 24 hours.... Just thinking outside the box lol

Also, has the description of the ability changed since you reported the issue?

Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:38 pm

Kirk as to your thinking outside of the box...
1. The text didn't change a jot or a tittle. It is still exactly as I reproduced it here.
2. Nothing has changed with our two Metallurgy Shops. Same everything.
3. I went and I checked the log on information for our trainees. Of the 4 that were loyal, 2 were logged on at the time of clicking the ability. The other two who were loyal hadn't logged on in the past 24 hours. That said... the two who are not yet loyal had both logged on a few hours before the ability being activated.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:11 pm

For a while I thought it had fixed itself, but with nary a change I activated the metallurgy shop ability and it was back down to just a 16% boost. There has to be something I'm missing...

And I can't wait for those almost loyal trainees to get loyal (in a day) so I can see how it affects the math.

We've got a total of 7 trainees:
One of which was dead on arrival and due to be kicked in 12 hours.
4 loyal of which 2 of them are on a vacation and thus absent for 5 days. They are otherwise on every day as a minimum.
2 who are almost loyal and on every day as a minimum.

Shops remain unchanged.

Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:17 pm

Jawwa wrote:
For a while I thought it had fixed itself, but with nary a change I activated the metallurgy shop ability and it was back down to just a 16% boost. There has to be something I'm missing...

And I can't wait for those almost loyal trainees to get loyal (in a day) so I can see how it affects the math.

We've got a total of 7 trainees:
One of which was dead on arrival and due to be kicked in 12 hours.
4 loyal of which 2 of them are on a vacation and thus absent for 5 days. They are otherwise on every day as a minimum.
2 who are almost loyal and on every day as a minimum.

Shops remain unchanged.

It sounds to me as if it acts like Fixer where "active" and "loyal" means they've been in the legion for more than 24 hours and logged on within the last 24 hours. Would explain your 16% based on what you've said here.

Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:18 pm

Had some of our newer trainees finally become 'loyal'. All but one of our trainees had logged on within the past few hours. The DOA got kicked.

So we were left with 5/6 loyal trainees. One of which had not logged in within the past 24 hours. The non loyal trainee had logged in within the past 24 hours.

2 Metallurgy shops.

Here are the resulting stats as things look to be fixed:

Metallurgy Shop : Hull +40% 5 loyal trainees x 4% x 2 metallurgy shops = 40%
(3 hours, 54 mins left)
Auxiliary Fortification : Hull +240%
(3 hours, 55 mins left)

1051770 / 1051770 (not that it matters but unbuffed.
Shields

1069949 / 5092959 (the first number is obviously our base hull unbuffed.)
Hull

I personally think metallurgy shops are awesome as their buff either turtles your base or could be used to free up some fixers to become other desired professions. It's even better when your trainees are already fixers. It's a heavenly twofer. And will only get better when we unlock the 3rd metallurgy shop, which, yes... is a priority.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]