View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Reality Transfuser nerfed? 

Okay so someone in my legion claims that using a reality transfuser just 5 minutes ago gave him Reactive Barrier on the planet. I called BS but want to ask were these nerfed recently or something? I had gotten an email response from Dan saying that they could ONLY give rings, ruins, or moons. His upkeep is due in 19 hours approx and it is NOT showing on his ship log. So has this in fact been changed or just a bug?

Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:03 am

I got reactive on one of my Sentients, I've never thought anything of it, neat bonus if you defensively protect instead of cloak

Senatus et Populusque Imminente

Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:57 am

Billik wrote:
I got reactive on one of my Sentients, I've never thought anything of it, neat bonus if you defensively protect instead of cloak

you got it from a RTF? the thing is they shouldn't be giving those effects, least not according to what Dan responded to me.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:01 am

The guy who got it never been notified about the Reactive Barrier in his news feed, meaning it is not a naturally occuring event.

I have never got a Reactive Barrier, but from what I know from similar events (SS, Cavern, Lush), it does not require analyze, right ?

Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:37 am
Profile WWW

I do not for a second believe they got Reactive Barrier when pressing Analyze after a Reality Transfuser.

Either pre-existing effect they just hadn't noticed (from who knows how long ago) or a clear bug, which a simple in-game message should be able to clear up.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:58 am

Reactive Barrier is a Reality Transfuser effect that has a 1/5 chance of being the effect you get on Taltheria or Sentient planets.

It is not a "Nerf" or a "Glitch" or whatever else you wish to call it.

It is a known possibility, and has been known for well over a year and a half now, or at least it has in EotS. One of our guys had it happen to them, so they sent off a report. Dan confirmed on those types of planets, it is an effect you can get.

Sorry your guy got stung, but it is one of the effects you can get on those two types of planet.

So was the planet in question a Sentient planet or a Taltheria world?

Also, when you asked Dan the question, did you disclose the fact of what type of planet it was? If you had then i'm certain Dan's reply would have been different. :)

Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:43 am

Deigobene, probably the reason it seems so unlikely is that generally people use the RT on the barren before they use the sentinox.

As Kirk and Billik said it happens on Sentients and I can remember at least 2 people who have had it happen to theirs because it was done after transformation.

Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:42 pm

Velociraptor wrote:
Deigobene, probably the reason it seems so unlikely is that generally people use the RT on the barren before they use the sentinox.

As Kirk and Billik said it happens on Sentients and I can remember at least 2 people who have had it happen to theirs because it was done after transformation.

Yep, totally, didn't even think of the possibility it might have been a sentient (I have always RTed pre-sentient) nor did I have the slightest clue that Sentients and Ecumenopolis planets have a chance to get the (pretty poor option) of a reactive barrier when spending GP on an RT.
Impressive that something can make Small Moons look like a better option :)

Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am

I once tried to get rings on a Dyson...RT'd 6 planets, every single one got small moons...sometimes, i think it might be nerfed due to that

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:08 am

Yep. Happened to me as well. :?

I traded for a 20x Sentient with some issues and after building the passive cloak up from zero I used a RT on it and... poof!

So the moral of the story, which has already been mentioned, is use your transfuser BEFORE you turn it into a sentient. Also
try not to hate any of your planets as much as I hate this one. :P

Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:17 am

Can you RT'ed the planet with reactive barrier ? It's out of the ACR Moon and Ring restriction :P

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:51 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]