View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Daily Upkeep bug 

and we get the normal 'I don't have this bug so you must be a liar' post.

Fine I'll start screenshotting every 5 minutes until I can prove you wrong, and when I do please delete you account and leave never to return. Good lord I hate useless replies like that.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:22 pm

terryrayc wrote:
and we get the normal 'I don't have this bug so you must be a liar' post.

Fine I'll start screenshotting every 5 minutes until I can prove you wrong, and when I do please delete you account and leave never to return. Good lord I hate useless replies like that.

Don't screenshot, just copy and paste the numbers that numerous people have asked for.

All you need is one set of figures, taken just before upkeep is due where the number is higher than your upkeep and where modules are subsequently broken because of insufficient funds.
Confirming there is a problem should be no problem.
Until then, don't be surprised that people ask for confirmation, given your production levels and that no-one else is experiencing the problem.

The simple fact is, based on the numbers you have provided (not your typo btw - the MP and RP you stated), your income cannot possibly support your upkeep.
As a result, asking for confirmation of the problem is wise.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:27 pm

Yes, i believe the issue at hand here could well be something that many apparently suffer with, which is not knowing their millions, billions or trillions apart.

1 Million Credits will look like this;

1,000,000 .... It will always have 2 comma's and between 7 and 9 numbers, the max being 999,999,999.

1 Billion Credits will look like this;

1,000,000,000 ..... It will always have 3 comma's and between 10 and 12 numbers, the max being 999,999,999,999.

1 Trillion Credits will look like this;

1,000,000,000,000 .... It will always have 4 comma's and between 13 and 15 numbers, the max being 999,999,999,999,999.

So, personally i think it is reasonable to assume you do not have 12,000,000,000(12 Billion) Credits, because your mineral/research per hour would not bring in anywhere near those amounts.

Instead i believe you have 12,000,000(12 Million) or maybe 120,000,000(120 Million) or at most 1,200,000,000(1.2 Billion) Credits, and therein lies the issue with why your ship mods break every day.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:58 am

I'm not caling you a lier terryrayc, but your storie doesnt add up

terryrayc wrote:
Minerals 2073 units / hour
Artifacts 738 points / hour
6388 research / hour

Yes I can sell research. Fairly maxed on research.

Upkeep: 2.2B
Upkeep is low because most of my guns are offline.

1. you still have to pay upkeep for any ship modules you have even if you take them offline
only exeption to this is Broken modules, once a module breaks you no longer pay upkeep for it

2. your income is roughtly
Minerals 2073 units / hour = 2 bil cr pr day
6388 research / hour = 6388 * 25.000 * 24 = 3.832 bil cr pr day IF and only if you sell all recearch

so your total income should be around 5.8 bil cr pr day, but the real number is proberly less then 5 bil as you cap out on recearch during offline times.
unless you are not invading any planets, building structures or repairing your ship with credits that is simply not enougth to pay a 4 bil upkeep as you mention in your first post
and with the artfact production you have selling artifacts for credits isnt realy an option

so theire simply is no way you can pay that 4 bil upkeep with your curent production
so your only real option right now is to go builder -50% upkeep, or to get rid of some of the modules you have installed on your ship until you upgrade your mining enougth to actualy pay that upkeep

Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:49 pm

okay so I just logged in got hit again

1 mins ago
You did not have enough credits for your last upkeep. As a result, the modules on your ship took damage due to the lack of maintenance.

Size Class: Heavy Galaxy Destroyer
Space: 2403 / 3798
Attack: 3685
Defense: 6286
Scan: 1225
Cloak: 925
Cargo: 11655 / 13365
Sillixx: Shipsize +10%
Fixer: Hull +30%

Here is my cash at login

Credits 4,696,848,282
Research 66,150

Minerals 2184 units / hour
42000 / 42000 Receive Minerals Shipment
Artifacts 807 points / hour
57076 / 84000 Receive Artifact Shipment All Buy Artifacts4
Production: 6435 research / hour : Rank Capacity Reached!

No I'm not putting much time into this game as long as it's broken.

Now DarkMar might use a different math than most people but I'm guessing 4.6B is higher than 2.2B. Now DM might call me a liar on that but I'm just saying.

As for Kirkeastment please do not respond anymore because your comments are stupid and serve no purpose here. I already stated that the post was a typo and I posted the numbers so had you bothered to look you'd have known that.

So someone explain to me, except Kirkeastment, how with 4.6 BILLION (There Happy) I did not have enough to cover 2.2 BILLION(There again)?

FYI I only get on like once a day, after selling everything (including research)

Credits: 8,777,274,739

So I earn on average 4,080,426,457 a day yes that's 4 BILLION. Still more than is needed, I've not purchased anything new so I'm not using that money for anything except repairs.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:10 am

you didn't have sufficient funds AT THE TIME UPKEEP WAS CHECKED.

so you sold a lot on the GTC for 3 billion credits between upkeep check and login time. the fact that you have sufficient funds NOW doesn't mean squat.

it is very easy to determine when your upkeep time is. it is the same time that any new planetary events appear on your log. and the upkeep penalty displays a timestamp as well.

any text entry can be modified at will, and you can selectively exclude stuff. a screenshot can be manipulated too, but will at least show stuff that you are not bothering to mention, which might help to explain what is going on. a screenshot 5 minutes before upkeep time and 5 minutes after upkeep time, with this 'bug' would suffice for error checking purposes, but you refuse to do even that simple thing and keep harping on something that NO OTHER PERSON on this forum is experiencing.

when i had 2180 mining production per hour, i was rank 175 back in nov.2012, with 3291 research per hour. my daily upkeep was 204 million per day. at rank 434, your invasion cost is 2.6 billion, so 1 invasion on top of your daily upkeep will wipe out your entire bankroll.

terryrayc wrote:
Now DarkMar might use a different math than most people but I'm guessing 4.6B is higher than 2.2B. Now DM might call me a liar on that but I'm just saying.

DarkMar has proven *repeatedly* on this forum that he is no slouch in the math department ... he is a spreasheet sifu. no one is saying that you are lying, just that you are not providing the evidence to back up your assertion that there is a bug.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:07 am, edited 6 times in total.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:42 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:

so you sold a lot on the GTC for 3 billion credits between upkeep check and login time. the fact that you have sufficient funds NOW doesn't mean squat.

it is very easy to determine when your upkeep time is. it is the same time that any new planetary events appear on your log. and the upkeep penalty displays a timestamp as well.

any text entry can be modified at will, and you can selectively exclude stuff. a screenshot can be manipulated too, but will at least show stuff that you are not bothering to mention, which might help to explain what is going on. a screenshot 5 minutes before upkeep time and 5 minutes after upkeep time, with this 'bug' would suffice for error checking purposes, but you refuse to do even that simple thing and keep harping on something that NO OTHER PERSON on this forum is experiencing.

If you hover over the ? mark on your ship tab for the upkeep, it actually tells you exactly when upkeep charges are withdrawn from your credit count. That said, idk what is going on in your case, but the upkeep is withdrawn at that time it states, not when you log in. Logging in only notifies you at that moment whether or not you had cash when it needed to be withdrawn X amount of hours ago.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:49 am

except when I log out and log int he credit count is the same. I had yet to sell anything nor cash in research.

So if I log out with over 4bil and log in the next day with still over 4 bill either 1 of 2 things happened.

Upkeep is bugged or upkeep is bugged.

I've made it a point to NOT go below my upkeep when I'm IG.

So if I logged out the day before with over 4bil credits and had an upkeep of 2.2billion how can I log in the next day still have over 4 billion credits but be told I wasn't able to pay upkeep?

I understand that upkeep is taken while I'm logged out. But if I log out with more than enough and log in with still more than enough why did it decide I didn't have enough.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:46 pm

senatorhung wrote:

when i had 2180 mining production per hour, i was rank 175 back in nov.2012, with 3291 research per hour. my daily upkeep was 204 million per day. at rank 434, your invasion cost is 2.6 billion, so 1 invasion on top of your daily upkeep will wipe out your entire bankroll.

terryrayc wrote:

DarkMar has proven *repeatedly* on this forum that he is no slouch in the math department ... he is a spreasheet sifu. no one is saying that you are lying, just that you are not providing the evidence to back up your assertion that there is a bug.

You know nevermind. I'm tired of being called a liar for reporting an issue. I know no one here cares if a bug effects someone as long as it's not you. So don't worry about it. It's not worth having to prove things to people who assume they are the only right people around.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:50 pm

At that point, all you can do is just send screenshots to Dan if there truly is a bug. We can't do anything about it, sorry.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:38 pm

terryrayc wrote:
Now DarkMar might use a different math than most people but I'm guessing 4.6B is higher than 2.2B. Now DM might call me a liar on that but I'm just saying..

get your storey straight terryrayc....
from your first post....

terryrayc wrote:
Between that and me taking damage from the daily even though I had a lot more credits then needed to pay for it has made the game fairly unplayable. I spend my time trying to get up enough funds to repair and then I'll call it a night with 6 or 7 Billion credits (Daily upkeep around 4bil) and the next morning I get on to see the 'You didn't have enough money to pay for your upkeep' msg even though not only did I have enough but even after taking out the full upkeep cost I still have money in the bank

so is your upkeep 2 bil or 4 bil as you claimed in your first post or perhaps 3 bil as you sayed in one of your other posts
if you cant even give us a basic number like that one, it's hard to help you with the problem

if you dont even know if your upkeep is 2.2 Bil or around 4 bil, it hard to say where or not 4.6 bil is actualy enougth to cover it
if we look at the numbers you have given us, your upkeep is basickly 4 bil with a 2 bil uncertanty on that number or somewere betwen 2 and 6 bil cr pr day

so with the data you have given us, statisticaly your are looking at a 25% chance or so, that 4.6 bil credits actualy wont be enougth to pay what you claim is a 2.2 bil upkeep now when you take uncertenties on the data you have given us into account

the point here....

no one here called you a liar, we simply asked you for data on upkeep, income, etc etc to see if we can fugure out what is actualy happening here

we need that data to rule out simpel things like,
your upkeep beeing taken twice becourse you happen to log in with 26 hours betwen the logins and beeing unluckly enougth that have the upkeep get taken 1 hour and again 25 hours after the first login
or that that your credits instead of beeing avalible to pay upkeep wasnt hanging in the GCT
etc etc etc

but instead of giving us the data we need, you insult the players actualy trying to help you
so good luck

Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:14 pm

Op: send me a fb friends request. Im ted steger , and my profile pic is wolverine. Ill send ya enough ku to put u over 10b creds. We'll see what happens then , ok ? Better to have an excessive amount of creds than just skimming by with minimal. Sound cool ?

Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:30 am

Just making sure - you check how many credits you have before you collect your mining shipment in the morning, dont you?

Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:16 am
Profile WWW

Just making sure - you check how many credits you have before you collect your mining shipment in the morning, dont you?

yes

Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:10 pm

DarkMar wrote:
terryrayc wrote:
Now DarkMar might use a different math than most people but I'm guessing 4.6B is higher than 2.2B. Now DM might call me a liar on that but I'm just saying..

get your storey straight terryrayc....
from your first post....

terryrayc wrote:
Between that and me taking damage from the daily even though I had a lot more credits then needed to pay for it has made the game fairly unplayable. I spend my time trying to get up enough funds to repair and then I'll call it a night with 6 or 7 Billion credits (Daily upkeep around 4bil) and the next morning I get on to see the 'You didn't have enough money to pay for your upkeep' msg even though not only did I have enough but even after taking out the full upkeep cost I still have money in the bank

so is your upkeep 2 bil or 4 bil as you claimed in your first post or perhaps 3 bil as you sayed in one of your other posts
if you cant even give us a basic number like that one, it's hard to help you with the problem

if you dont even know if your upkeep is 2.2 Bil or around 4 bil, it hard to say where or not 4.6 bil is actualy enougth to cover it
if we look at the numbers you have given us, your upkeep is basickly 4 bil with a 2 bil uncertanty on that number or somewere betwen 2 and 6 bil cr pr day

so with the data you have given us, statisticaly your are looking at a 25% chance or so, that 4.6 bil credits actualy wont be enougth to pay what you claim is a 2.2 bil upkeep now when you take uncertenties on the data you have given us into account

the point here....

no one here called you a liar, we simply asked you for data on upkeep, income, etc etc to see if we can fugure out what is actualy happening here

we need that data to rule out simpel things like,
your upkeep beeing taken twice becourse you happen to log in with 26 hours betwen the logins and beeing unluckly enougth that have the upkeep get taken 1 hour and again 25 hours after the first login
or that that your credits instead of beeing avalible to pay upkeep wasnt hanging in the GCT
etc etc etc

but instead of giving us the data we need, you insult the players actualy trying to help you
so good luck

It was 4bil, however someone pointed out that I didn't need all the scanners so I sold them off and am only using what I need. That is why the upkeep went down.

Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:11 pm

tbh, report this to Dan, that'd be your best chance

Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:12 pm
Profile WWW

terryrayc wrote:
It was 4bil, however someone pointed out that I didn't need all the scanners so I sold them off and am only using what I need. That is why the upkeep went down.

so 2.2 bil upkeep now
and you should be making around 2 bil from mining and betwen 2 and 3 Bil from recearch, depending on how many points get wasted as your storidge fills =somewere around 4 to 5 bil cr pr day
so your income should be able to pay your upkeep with the numbers you have now.
so unless you are spending your credits on other things (invasions, repairs, buildings etc), income shouldnt be the problem then.

do you have any broken modules on ship, that you might still be paying upkeep for ?

and did you get cr back from the GTC, that might not have been avalible at the time where the upkeep should have been payed
(could be an update thing, where the credits are added to your total when the return from the GTC - but isnt realy theire until a few hours later - so need to rule that one out as well)

Can you travel ?
if so, theire is a simple way to make 100% sure that this is a bug.
I can easily give you 50.000 Ku = 60 Bil cr once you sell it, that should be enougth to pay the upkeep even if it higher then listed
and should also get us data on where or not your upkeep is actualy 2.2 bil as listed or if theire is a bug, where you for some reason also is paying for broken systems on ship or something else

Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2