View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Daily Upkeep bug 

Anyone else run into an issue where it seems the daily upkeep doesn't run for 3 or 4 days and then suddenly you get hit for more than your daily amount and end up taking a lot of damage?

Between that and me taking damage from the daily even though I had a lot more credits then needed to pay for it has made the game fairly unplayable. I spend my time trying to get up enough funds to repair and then I'll call it a night with 6 or 7 Billion credits (Daily upkeep around 4bil) and the next morning I get on to see the 'You didn't have enough money to pay for your upkeep' msg even though not only did I have enough but even after taking out the full upkeep cost I still have money in the bank.

----
edit: correct a typo because people seem to focus in that fact I type million rather than billion even though I corrected them.

Last edited by terryrayc on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:18 pm

Never heard of this before, you should try reporting it to Dan and see if he can look into it with the in-game app support on the right side of the screen.

Also, if just a few million Cr is an issue for you, you might want to join a legion that can help you out with this. Even midranks can easily generate hundreds of millions to a few billion Cr a day from just idle mining productions, so a few hundred million would be easy to donate. It'll help you grow faster and focus on more important things in the game, such as colonizing and invading good planets, ranking up to open slots, doing some missions and NPCing without fear of repair costs (they can also send nanos and restorers).

I don't know your situation is right now, and we can't help you with the bug ourselves, but we can more than help you build a strong ship that'll never run into these problems again even if the bug persists. The forum population mostly consists of very knowledgeable players that can give you more tips than you can find from the average player in-game.

What is your legion if you're in one? And do you enjoy your current stay there?
Also, ship rank, stats and research tree will help us figure out how you're doing in the game.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:30 pm

check the time of the upkeep message ... maybe you were hit with it BEFORE you bulked it your fund balance.

i have NEVER seen an incidence on my own ship where i got the 'failed to pay upkeep' message when i had sufficient funds on hand. every time i saw it, it was because i had made a bid on the GTC or did an invasion, which dropped my balance below what i needed AT THE TIME the upkeep was checked. even if i sold some minerals to restore my credit balance after the fact, the damage to my ship mods was already done.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:32 pm
Profile WWW

hard to say. I log in and see the msg, but when I log out I know I have more than enough cash on hand and I normally log in several times a day. It's just strange because it also seems like I'll go several days without the game taking upkeep and then I get hit like 3 or 4 days later all at once...though it's possible that it was just a delay in reporting but if so then that's a bug as well.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:15 am

TrinityThree wrote:
Never heard of this before, you should try reporting it to Dan and see if he can look into it with the in-game app support on the right side of the screen.

Also, if just a few million Cr is an issue for you, you might want to join a legion that can help you out with this. Even midranks can easily generate hundreds of millions to a few billion Cr a day from just idle mining productions, so a few hundred million would be easy to donate. It'll help you grow faster and focus on more important things in the game, such as colonizing and invading good planets, ranking up to open slots, doing some missions and NPCing without fear of repair costs (they can also send nanos and restorers).

I don't know your situation is right now, and we can't help you with the bug ourselves, but we can more than help you build a strong ship that'll never run into these problems again even if the bug persists. The forum population mostly consists of very knowledgeable players that can give you more tips than you can find from the average player in-game.

Also, ship rank, stats and research tree will help us figure out how you're doing in the game.

I am in a legion. Never been able to generate anywhere near that. Lucky to get 5 or 6 mil a day.

Rank 434 Sillixx Fixer
Legion Stargate Command (46)

As for what I generate

Minerals 2073 units / hour
Artifacts 738 points / hour
6388 research / hour

Yes I can sell research. Fairly maxed on research.

As for stats
Size Class: Galaxy Destroyer
Space: 3161 / 3540
Attack: 2999
Defense: 8298
Scan: 3948
Cloak: 1422
Cargo: 9453 / 11655
Upkeep: 2.2B
Sillixx: Shipsize +10%
Fixer: Hull +30%

Upkeep is low because most of my guns are offline.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:22 am

Ummm...yeah....Your productions are really, really low across the board. Have you colonized/invaded all the planets you can? Or, at least close to the max you are allowed? Otherwise, I don't know what the problem is. Terrible planets? Not built well? Gotta be something since your production in all 3 is painfully low.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:02 am

terryrayc wrote:
Rank 434 Sillixx Fixer

As for what I generate

6388 research / hour

at rank 434 ... i had 104 planets with upkep of 1.8B.

mining 9471
artifact 17883
research 11396

_____________Image

Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:09 am
Profile WWW

Well, I'm not quite as much of a stats/numbers geek as Sen; so I can't tell you what my productions were at a given rank, on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, at 2:03 am.... :P (Although, I am now considering spreadsheets for my planets.....damn you Sen... :lol: )

BUT, I can tell you that yours are super low. Ask your legion for help and/or have them help you figure out what you are doing wrong. If they don't know/can't help/won't help; then find a better legion.

As you can see, you could increase your arti production, in particular, by 10x and it would still be low. So, yeah....something's wrong somewhere....

Last edited by Roddenberry1 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:09 am

terryrayc wrote:
TrinityThree wrote:

I am in a legion. Never been able to generate anywhere near that. Lucky to get 5 or 6 mil a day.

Rank 434 Sillixx Fixer

As for what I generate

6388 research / hour

As for stats

I just want to point out your upkeep is 2.2 Bil with things broken, not millions. Not sure if that was just a mistake in your post or not, but that's quite a huge difference. I'm pretty sure you meant Billions the first time though.

That isn't exactly a small upkeep for your rank, and you will definitely need to up your mining a bit. Your artifact/hour also needs to go way up so that your less dependent on modules. I'm assuming your sillixx because you need the deck space for mods. This is why your upkeep is high because your installing miss you can't afford. Your legion should be able to temporarily assist you as you fix your productions, or else your going to have to downgrade your mods. Also make sure to take good planets only and aim for artifact. Your legion should also be able to tell you what's good and bad and supply you with decent planets in the common cases that you can't scan any.

I would also like to ask why are you running 4k scan? There isn't anything near your rank that requires that much scan unless your searching for planets. If ou have continuum analyzed equipped, well that explains some of the upkeep. Your research is ok now, mining should double (high ranks should be able to give you free toxics) and you need to at least 10x your AP asap. Like you said, your almost done the research tree, so all it does is bring Cr. MP gives more Cr per resource point and also gives EM.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:14 am

still bugged. 4 Days in a row of upkeep damage even though I have a lot more than needed. Sigh why is it simple bugs never get fixed. Also does anyone know why it seems that upkeep is charged whenever the game feels like it.

Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:25 am

go and make a sale on the gtc sell some ctp this will bring you in a huge credit amount issue solved instead of trying to play day by day make the huge donation of credits to your ship and take advantage of the gtc huge prices on selling stuff

Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:05 am

Upkeep is due at the same time everyday, but you may not get the message that your funds are insufficient until after you log in (well, within a certain window of when your upkeep is due).

How much do you have in credits, and what's your upkeep? Your previous numbers were quite low to generate the income you'd need to maintain your modules.

Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:09 am

wait till your upkeep is 49 billion...

but then i keep like 2 trillion in reserve for emergencies

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:21 am

my upkeep is 3 Billion.

I logged out with around 8b, log in the next day get hit with upkeep bug. fix what I can still sitting WAY over needed fund next day get hit again. Ignore the repairs and just get money, log out with over 10b next day hit with upkeep bug. It sucks and makes no sense.

Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:25 pm

Can you post pictures for a week with what your credits are at the end of the day and what your upkeep is?

Last time I saw a post like this the person cried foul left and right and then found out they were looking at their funds wrong.
Maybe you sleepily looked at your credits and read 10 billion but you actually had 10 million.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:51 am

This sucks. I've sent in emails to no end and the devs give ZERO replies. I get hit atleast twice a week sometimes more with a false upkeep bug. It doesn't matter how much money I have the game ignores that and just gives me the hit sometimes more than once a day. This has reached the unplayable stage. I still have no idea how a big like this can exist for so long and never big fixed or even admitted to by the devs.

Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:37 pm

This is terrible i feel sorry for u man . my advice : SELL (not unequip) all researchable mods. See if the bug happens again

Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:33 am

terryrayc wrote:

Rank 434 Sillixx Fixer

As for what I generate

6388 research / hour

As for stats

so, until you can tell the difference between MILLIONS and BILLIONS you will keep having this problem.

take a couple of screenshots just before your upkeep time and just after the upkeep time and post them here.

_____________Image

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:25 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
terryrayc wrote:

Rank 434 Sillixx Fixer

As for what I generate

6388 research / hour

As for stats

so, until you can tell the difference between MILLIONS and BILLIONS you will keep having this problem.

take a couple of screenshots just before your upkeep time and just after the upkeep time and post them here.

I know the difference, yes there was a typo in my earlier post and I should correct it.

Here is what I do not understand, so I'll have an upkeep of lets say 3.2bill. I'll log out with about 12 bil in the bank. Some time the next day I'll get hit with an upkeep hit...a few hours later I'll get hit again....I've been hit up to 3 times in a day before.

I think what is happening is it saves them up....for example it's possible a week ago I might have spent a ton of cash on upgrades and it's possible I might fall below the upkeep level. Rather then it hitting me that day when it runs the check it'll wait a week or 2 and then suddenly hit me then and at times maybe several times back to back.

Please explain that to me.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:19 pm

your upkeep is only taken at ONE time per day. if you don't have sufficient funds at that time, a message is posted on your news feed.

if your upkeep is getting hit multiple times in a day, that will show up in your news feed, so all you have to do is take a screenshot to prove it.

until you can, i have to say that i doubt your story. all you have supplied is speculation and conjecture with zero supporting info.

_____________Image

Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next