View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Nanosheared Drilling Site 

We just got a new Trainee and I was going to alert an unoccupied VM Gas planet for them and realized that I shouldn't. It might have the Nanosheared Drilling Site on it from my scans last week and a new member would not have the 500 energy or the 500 CTP to get rid of it. Anyone else have this problem and is this effect permanent on the planets that remain unoccupied after this daily ends?

Sun May 10, 2015 8:57 pm

theire is no timer on the Nanosheared Drilling Site : Production -50% effect, so as far as anyone can tell atm, it permanent until removed..
but just like all other planet effect, you cant see it until the planet becomes owned by a player

also, this daily mission doesnt "end" - around (6 to 9 more missions in the chain) * 2 weeks from now, the chain will be archived just like all new mission chains Dan have given us
so theire will keep beeing added Nanosheared Drilling Site to planet scaned by players working on that doing this mission

so theire will always be a risk that any new unocupied planet you scan will have Nanosheared Drilling Site, even if you didnt tricker it on the planet yourself

Sun May 10, 2015 9:34 pm

This could cause a new player to quit playing if they got one of those planets.

Sun May 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Is there a chance that planets I scanned prior to the mission, will have the drilling site?

Sun May 10, 2015 11:17 pm

Zombiekiller531 wrote:
Is there a chance that planets I scanned prior to the mission, will have the drilling site?

No.

Sun May 10, 2015 11:18 pm

ActualFate wrote:
Zombiekiller531 wrote:

No.

Good, I can alert those for the legion w/o risk, surprisingly I haven't scanned since mission came out.

Sun May 10, 2015 11:29 pm

But what if someone else scanned a planet that you already had in your scan list, wouldn't it still have the effect on it?

Sun May 10, 2015 11:51 pm

I wonder how the 'event' works.

I've been speculating that Dan put these permanent events randomly on each unoccupied planets in database, so, regardless who scanned it (whether he doing the daily or not, having the buff or not) it will still have the Drilling Site.

Oh, and in this theory, you might've scanned a Drilling Site, but didn't get a Weapon Scan because you didn't have the latest scan sample.

The method of testing this theory is simple, but requiring some GP spent :
Scan without the buff, about 10 unocc planets, then colonize them all (some might be craps), then check if any of them got the Drilling Site.
- And check if there is any scan on them, find out if it's recently scanned or not, and whether that scanner done the scan with buff or not.

Mon May 11, 2015 1:21 am
Profile WWW

someone could immediately colonize a planet they get a nanosheared arti from to see if it also has a nanosheared drilling site.

however, my speculation is that the nanosheared drilling site only appears randomly upon colonization WHILE THE CURRENT MISSION IS ACTIVE.

to test this, once this mission disappears next week, we can see if anyone still gets a nanodrilling site afterwards. or ... keep track of a planet that you have previously acquired a nanosheared arti from ... and colonize it after the mission ends.

i have already completed the mission ... so i can not do this testing myself as i did not track which planets i got the artis from.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon May 11, 2015 2:58 am
Profile WWW

asquall wrote:
I wonder how the 'event' works.

I've been speculating that Dan put these permanent events randomly on each unoccupied planets in database, so, regardless who scanned it (whether he doing the daily or not, having the buff or not) it will still have the Drilling Site.

Oh, and in this theory, you might've scanned a Drilling Site, but didn't get a Weapon Scan because you didn't have the latest scan sample.

The method of testing this theory is simple, but requiring some GP spent :
Scan without the buff, about 10 unocc planets, then colonize them all (some might be craps), then check if any of them got the Drilling Site.
- And check if there is any scan on them, find out if it's recently scanned or not, and whether that scanner done the scan with buff or not.

my bedst guess is, you have a chance to generate the Drilling Site on the planet when you scan am unocupid planet
putting them on X planet in the database, would slowly make it harder and harder to actualy do this missions as more and more of the planets would slowly be colonized and have the effect removed

also you only semes to get them from unocupid planets

but we wont know for sure for quite some time

senatorhung wrote:
someone could immediately colonize a planet they get a nanosheared arti from to see if it also has a nanosheared drilling site.

however, my speculation is that the nanosheared drilling site only appears randomly upon colonization WHILE THE CURRENT MISSION IS ACTIVE.

to test this, once this mission disappears next week, we can see if anyone still gets a nanodrilling site afterwards. or ... keep track of a planet that you have previously acquired a nanosheared arti from ... and colonize it after the mission ends.

wouldnt work senatorhung

remember the Crimson Cutlass, Litheor Deepspike etc etc etc
the thing is, if you did any work on a new mission during 2 weeks but didnt finish it, you have that mission ACTIVE until you actualy finish it

so you would need a player who have finished the mission, + a planet scaned by someone else that got the Nanosheared Weapon Scans from it and also finished the mission to actualy test it...

if it's linked to the Nanosheared Weapon Signature - Recent Upload : Special Scanning +1
(17 hours, 45 mins left) effect, you only get from actualy working on the mission, you might be able to avoid getting Drilling Sites

but I dont think it is

I shared a Very Large Terra Planet around 14 hours ago, that ended up having Nanosheared Drilling Site : Production -50%
and I dont think the player who colonized it had the Recent Upload effect active when she colonized it

Mon May 11, 2015 4:05 am

there is a rank 50 restriction on the mission as well ... so if someone under rank 50 gets a nanosheared drilling site on a newly colonized planet .. then it is associated with the planet and not the nanosheared effect. which, if true, i agree would be a pretty disheartening result.

but yeah, litheor deepspikes lol. for next april 1, dan should replace every common npc with a mission npc that has been completed ... so rogue data analyzer, crimson cutlass, litheor deepspike ... basically these guys minus caelon and the larvae. if you haven't completed that particular mission, you just get the regular common npc for the day as usual.

_____________Image

Mon May 11, 2015 6:57 am
Profile WWW

My assumption is that the planet is tagged when you discover the nanoshear drilling site, and that it will show up w/the nerf upon colonization, whether the mission is active or not or somebody else scans it or you share it etc.

Mon May 11, 2015 1:41 pm

We got a new trainee and an unocc planet was alerted for him. Of course it had the drill site effect thingy on it...no way to know until it's colonized. We were ready to send him the ctp to get rid of the effect but he still doesn't have the 500 energy to go with it. So now what? Is a new trainee stuck with it? Doesn't seem to be a very productive manner to draw people into staying in the game.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Tue May 12, 2015 8:57 pm

yankee wrote:
We got a new trainee and an unocc planet was alerted for him. Of course it had the drill site effect thingy on it...no way to know until it's colonized. We were ready to send him the ctp to get rid of the effect but he still doesn't have the 500 energy to go with it. So now what? Is a new trainee stuck with it? Doesn't seem to be a very productive manner to draw people into staying in the game.

Anyone have any suggestions?

whoever alerted it could step out of the legion ... invade it .. remove the effect ... and the trainee can re.invade it before the original alerter returns to the legion.

+: lone conqueror medal progress for original alerter, green badges for both
-: loss of legion loyalty for original alerter

we'll find out by the end of the week if people are still getting the effect on colonization ...

_____________Image

Tue May 12, 2015 10:09 pm
Profile WWW

based on random 'error' when placing Barb-link, the hypothesis is :

When you scan an unocc planet with buff on, there will be a chance for it to have Drilling Site event.

I deduce this based on an unocc planet with no other scan giving error, while I've never placed the link on it.

I guess it sounds good. The newbies could still colonize those VL rich icy with Drilling Site, though.

Thu May 14, 2015 8:03 am
Profile WWW

Not sure if this has been posted already on another thread, but i'll do it anyway, just got a drill site today, >.< so i'm assuming any planet scanned that gave the arti will have it?

Good friends are like stars, you don't always see them but you know they're always there

Sun May 31, 2015 2:02 am

asquall wrote:
based on random 'error' when placing Barb-link, the hypothesis is :
When you scan an unocc planet with buff on, there will be a chance for it to have Drilling Site event.
I deduce this based on an unocc planet with no other scan giving error, while I've never placed the link on it.
I guess it sounds good. The newbies could still colonize those VL rich icy with Drilling Site, though.

personaly I purged most of the planets where I got Drilling Site, and my bedst guess is a lot of other players also did this
so that you cant use Barbs on an unocc planet no one else but you have scaned doesnt realy tell us mutch
it could easily be a planet someone scaned and got the artifact from before purging it
as far as I know a few of the planets where I got Drilling Sites, had already been scaneed by other players

Sun May 31, 2015 7:08 am

just colonized an unoccupied toxic unscanned by anyone else. got a pure deposits effect. uplifted it to 16x. abandoned it and alerted it to the legion.

planet was colonized by legion member. has a nanosheared drilling site effect now, along with the pure deposits effect. star chart purged it from my end. flux probed and no other scanners besides the new owner.

so the drilling site effect can occur upon ANY colonization, regardless of whether the planet was scanned clean in a scan run.

_____________Image

Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:30 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
just colonized an unoccupied toxic unscanned by anyone else. got a pure deposits effect. uplifted it to 16x. abandoned it and alerted it to the legion.

planet was colonized by legion member. has a nanosheared drilling site effect now, along with the pure deposits effect. star chart purged it from my end. flux probed and no other scanners besides the new owner.

so the drilling site effect can occur upon ANY colonization, regardless of whether the planet was scanned clean in a scan run.

I would disagree and say that it cannot occur upon ANY colonization, as that suggests it can occur during colonization of a planet you might already have on scan, which you already know to be safe.

An example of which would be; You know Planet A didn't have a drill site(through checking with the barb), yet when colonized immediately after checking, it now does have a drill site.

IMO, this is not what occurred, but i do have a theory as to what actually happened here, which is that the drilling site occurred during his colonization because it was a "new scan" for him.

When anyone colonizes an alerted planet(that they don't have on scan) it counts as a "new scan". My proof of this is that if you colonize/invade a blue gas alerted by someone else, you can use the Xathe arti, as the game see's it as a fresh scan for you.(I have witnessed this firsthand as working).

So, because the toxic is classed as a "new scan" for him, and because he still has the mission which causes nanosheared drilling sites on random new planet scans "active", it falls under the category of susceptibility to drill sites.

The same will have a chance to occur for any other alerted planets people colonize(which they themselves don't have on scan), if they have yet to complete the stage of the bi-weekly that causes the nanosheared drill sites.

Once your legionmate/s finishes that mission then any planet known to be safe will be safe for any of them to colonize.

That's my take on what occurred. :)

Long winded i know, but i'm sure you get what i'm saying. :lol:

Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:01 am

kirkeastment wrote:
So, because the toxic is classed as a "new scan" for him, and because he still has the mission which causes nanosheared drilling sites on random new planet scans "active", it falls under the category of susceptibility to drill sites.

I think that is a valid theory, but the problem that I see with it is that there's no way for him to have that effect active right now, as the effect only lasts 20 hours and it's been almost 4 weeks since that bi-weekly mission expired.

Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next