View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 wiki editor 

http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/ ... ss-Carrier

someone plz remove those % drops rates, as the QSE is not a 1%, its not even an available drop from the Dark Mass Carrier

so all that data is based on pure hooey

Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:29 pm

it not even the 1st mistake i have found on wiki so who ever filling it out has no idea on some of the stuff

Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:30 pm

Annabell listed the QSE originally as a 'just in case':

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35966&start=36

and she made that choice following YOUR post earlier in that topic:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35966&start=21

so the 'garbage in, garbage out' phrase comes to mind.

i used the numbers from Sod's forum post to list the estimated %s. since the QSE was already listed on the wiki page for the DMC, i put a 1% value, also just in case. the total % added up to 101%, so the rest of the drop rates still matched Sod's post. should i have put 0.1% instead ? since i won't hit rank 2200 for years yet, i can only just go off of the information that is provided here on the forum.

there are undoubtedly lots of mistakes in the wiki .. that is what comes from having VOLUNTEER editors. i police changes as best as i can, but it is only based on my personal knowledge and extensive forum reading. i am not going to catch everything, nor should i or any other wiki editor be expected to. the whole principle of the wiki is that it is a collaborative tool.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:47 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Annabell listed the QSE originally as a 'just in case':

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35966&start=36

and she made that choice following YOUR post earlier in that topic:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35966&start=21

so the 'garbage in, garbage out' phrase comes to mind.

i used the numbers from Sod's forum post to list the estimated %s. since the QSE was already listed on the wiki page for the DMC, i put a 1% value, also just in case. the total % added up to 101%, so the rest of the drop rates still matched Sod's post. should i have put 0.1% instead ? since i won't hit rank 2200 for years yet, i can only just go off of the information that is provided here on the forum.

there are undoubtedly lots of mistakes in the wiki .. that is what comes from having VOLUNTEER editors. i police changes as best as i can, but it is only based on my personal knowledge and extensive forum reading. i am not going to catch everything, nor should i or any other wiki editor be expected to. the whole principle of the wiki is that it is a collaborative tool.

wait.... you mean wiki editors just add what people *guess* are drop rates to the wiki and then get to blame us for those guesses a few years later, that's ace. :D

btw, it's not garbage in garbage out, it's clearly a guess which was made 3 hours after the release of the NPC, of what a possible QSE drop rate could be and then it was a mistake to post that information to the wiki as gospel(even listing it causes players to believe its possible) without it being fact checked over a period of time :)

p.s. you could just leave the salt at the door next time, rather than drag it around with you thread to thread :twisted:

Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]