View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 No Chuhn in 3 ranks? 

Just wondering if the NPC portion of the Chuhn has ended, as I haven't seen hide nor hare of a Chuhn Merchant in 2 days and I've ranked at least 3x since. I'm getting tired of clicking and clicking with no result. I managed 2 troop carriers and one fab plant and a dcn. I also did get a few dark arms, and at least one gave me a P-Flux, so thanks a bunch Dan for the Fluxes! :)

I don't know what my average npc per rank is, but I am also doing some missions as well, but still have a good amount of e left to npc so it's not like I'm doing 50 a day or something, I do a lot. I have been getting aggravated about the npc's in general though.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:57 pm
Profile WWW

i got one from my last 5 hours of NPC.ing so they are still out there. i expected the lull though after i got well under 400 NPCs per merchant up to the day before. i have had tons of troop carriers though, so i don't mind the wait.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:14 pm
Profile WWW

I usealy get one for every 400 kills or so
but you can easily do 2.000 kills without finding any, and then in the next 15 min you sudently get 3 in less then 200 kills

so if you did 1000 kills pr day, 3 days without finding any isnt unlikely
but if we are looking at 10.000 kills during those 3 days, you might have a problem

it all in your total numbers of kills, and it can essily take 30K kills during a chun season to get all drops and finish the medal

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:30 pm

My stats so far (didn't track the first one, started tracking when I found the second one):

Non-Player Kills ?????* - 500* - Prejor V2 Grav-Hutch - *Started at at least 23742 before searching
Non-Player Kills 24767 - 500* - Crate of Goridian Ale - *First tracked NPC kills here, on 2nd find, so 2 of them in <1025 NPCs
Non-Player Kills 25633 - 866 - Eye of Sagitarrius
Non-Player Kills 25670 - 37 - Furlinium-E Spanner
Non-Player Kills 25952 - 282 - Furlinium-E Spanner
Non-Player Kills 26221 - 269 - Fornax Jewel
Non-Player Kills 26824 - 603 - Crate of Goridian Ale
Non-Player Kills 27440 - 616 - Triangulum Spark Matter
Non-Player Kills 27665 - 225 - Crate of Goridian Ale
Non-Player Kills 28410 - 745 - Triangulum Spark Matter
Non-Player Kills 28465 - 55 - Crate of Goridian Ale
Non-Player Kills 28552 - 87 - Chuhn Stem-Bolts

So took almost 900 between #2 and #3...but then found #4 right away a few dozen NPCs later. Haven't been going quite as heavy since the last one which was yesterday early afternoon, gone through 251 NPCs since then. Hopefully one turns up soon. :)

Updated w/latest counts. Currently at 181 NPCs since my last Chuhn. Took ~5000 NPCs to find all the items.

Last edited by Texas Toast on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:50 pm

The drops are much too frustrating. So far I have found:

7 Ales (Only needed 3 for medal)
5 Bolts (S*** Bolts)
4 Jewels
3 Sparmatters (Useless-usually only RP)
3 Grav Hutches
1 Eye
1 Fulcrum (On my first one-NONE since)

So that is only 5 modules out of 24 drops...

Is this a joke ??? :evil:

8 Ales
7 Blots
4 Jewels
4 Sparkmatters
3 Grav Hutches
3 Eyes
1 Fulcrum (still...)

7/28 and 27 merchants without another Fulcrum.

9 ales
7 bolts
6 jewels
4 sparks
3 grav hutch
3 eyes
1 fulccrum (is this a joke ???)

7/33 and 32 merchants without another Fulcrum...

Last edited by CapitainePaul on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:58 am

random for me, havent npc'd much, but got both e spanners, 2 jewels, 2 bolts, and a keg of ale so far....would guess at the 400-1 ratio being fairly accurate...least in my unofficial exp...so npc as much as you estimate you will need to....personally, now for me its more about the 2 medals...the espanner was my prize...the rest are just gravy

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:46 am

TBH, the lesser chuhn merchants, the better. They eat into your troop carrier supply.

About my drops:

Quote:
Chuhn Stem Bolts: 10
Eye of Sagittarius: 2
Fornax Jewel: 9
Furlinium-E Spanner: 7
Prejor V2 Grav-Hutch: 5
Triangulum Sparkmatter: 6
Crate of Goridian Ale: 4

So, Total Chuhn drops: 43
Total NPC kills this event: 16345

Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:21 am
Profile WWW

Now i'm just gonna ride this event out without NPCing much now that i have 2 each of all mods.
Then NPC between the Gap between Chuhn and Hallows Bane Seasonals.

I'l prolly ride Bane out too if it doesnt get a makeover.

Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:23 am
Profile WWW

now 2 spanners, 2 jewels, 2 kegs, 2 bolts...pretty even, and a sagit eye....no sparkle or gravs yet...but i havent npcd much... if THIS helps at all..they seem beyond random...i was fiddling with my ship ..found two..npcd a rank found none....go figure

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:07 pm

Can someone teach me how to npc cause I'm clearly doing it wrong :/

Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:16 am

Yllib wrote:
Can someone teach me how to npc cause I'm clearly doing it wrong :/

theire are a few tricks to it.

#1. get rid of all Mission spawned NPC, like Crimson Cutlass, Dark Iso-Runner, Drannik Databank, Rogue Data Analyzer, Litheor Deepspike.
less NPC in your pool, means that pr 10.000 kills you will get slightly more of the once you have left
Ranking also helps you get rid of a lot of NPC's, theire is a Huge difrence betwen trying to do a LM NPC hunt before rank 600 and after rank 600 where you lose quite a lot of common NPC's

#2. Get your energy and attack up where you can simply hit the dammage cap on all normal NPC, and have enougth energy to simply autorank on killing NPC's
for most common NPC - 80K+ NPC attack and max energy = 12 * your rank will be enougth for this, but for a few Boss, elites and special NPC you need a bit more as they will drain your energy or have high defence

once you have #1 and #2 taken care off, it simply

#3 Kill a lot of NPC's.....
if you are looking for a Rare NPC you should expect a spawn rate around 1 in 300 to 500 kills
if you are looking for a uncommon NPC you should expect a spawn rate around 1 in 100 to 200 kills
so for most LM's where you need to find 10 uncommon LM NPC's you should expect to do betwen 1000 and 2000 kills to do the task, and these numbers are for rank 600+ players. If you try the same before rank 600 you could easily be looking at 3000+ kills to finish one of these missions
also, Season NPC are more rare then your standart NPC - an uncommon season NPC roughtly = a rare standart NPC when it comes to how many kills you need to find them, so you can easily expect to do 10.000 to 50.000 NPC kills during a NPC season if you want get all posible drops

#4 Look at what NPC the RNG spawn....
it hard to give you precise directions here, but for some reason the RNG likes to hand out NPC in clusters
in GP, if we find 1 Silthion Hybrid Cluster, it not uncommon that within the next 2 hours we will find 1 to 4 more Silthion Hybrid Clusters, and then 0 of then for the next few days. The same thing happens with Chuhn merchants, T.O. Troop Carrier, etc. if you find one, you can usealy find more of them if you keep killing NPC's
at the same time, if the RNG spawns absolutly nothing - theire is also a very good chance that you can kill NPCs for 2 hours without finding anything at all.
you cant predict when a cluster will show up, but you can look at what the RNG spawns, and if you dont like what you are getting wait a few hours, and try again
and if you like what the RNG spawns, kill, kill and kill NPC
sometimes if I hit the right time where the RNG wants to spawn Fab plants, I find 10 to 15 Lazuli Fabrication Plant/Silthion Queen during the 1 hour it usealy takes me to finish a standart hunt for 10 * uncommon LN NPC.

#5 Do what ever you feel improves your chance to find NPC's
some players like to keep Rare NPC on scanner, and belive they will help you atract more rare NPC, so far I havent seen any evidence that this is working but it cant hurt to try it
wear your lucky Socks, hat or play your special NPC killing music, again I havent seen any evidence that this works, but if you belive it does you will proberly keep at it longer and kill more NPC and more NPC kills will help you find what you are looking for.

Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:01 am

Well written darkmar +2

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:33 pm

forgot 1 :)

#6 join a legion that have atleast 20 members who likes to hunt and kill NPC's

beeing in a legion itself wont help you find more NPC's but the thing is:
if you get stuck with 8 Sha'din Hypergrids (or 6 Silthion Hive Colony at rank 600'ish) on scanner, you cant kill more NPC's until they go down
sure, if you dont share them you can use your Tactical Re-modulation ability to get rid of them or solo them, but that is a wast of CTP's and energy
so it's mutch better to be in a legion where NPC's like that are killed in less then 1 hour

the members also need to be roughtly your own rank, if you find a Silthion Hybrid Cluster you want atleast 10 rank 900 players in legion to fill all spaces on it, and the same for the other end of the scale - killing a Sha'din AI Matrix (ranks 125 to 600) can also be a problem if only have 3 or 4 members who can see them

also when it comes to season Elites, you have a mutch better chance of actualy getting your drops from them with more players hunting for them
presisly how legoins handle season elites variate a lot, but in GP we try to make sure that the players that need the ship modules like Elios Stormburst Ray from Cosmiren, Elios Luminary have a chance to get on them if they are online when one of them is found

Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:36 pm

+1 to everything DarkMar said.

for seasonal NPCs, the clustering effect is massive. so if a legion mate finds the desirable NPC ... posting that in legion comm can notify others to strike while the iron is hot.

EDIT:

so yeah, after NPC'ing for 2 hours straight this morning without a Merchant in sight .. i took a 10.minute break and then lookee here what happened:

_____________Image

Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:46 pm
Profile WWW

Did near 10 ranks of npcing 1 day (which would maybe be 1-2 ranks at your rank ? ) , 3-4 hours , which is the longest ive ever played GL in 1 days. Guess how many i got ?? a grand total of 0 merchants ( 4 T.O, 3 Data OP, bunch of toxic pur, 2 fab's, bunch of other elites and 3 10/12's , which i soloed for the medal).That i can say was the most depressing day of GL i've had so far, even the amount of TO's,Fabs and elites i got was just sad. Next day, I did maybe 1 hour of npcing, got 5-6 merchant, got them pretty much every 40 npc; 2 TO troop carriers and only stopped npcing since i had 4 elites.. my ship wasnt even fully moded or buffed to npc and i got a ton of those merchants. Still stand by the fact that once you see 1 of the rare npc you want, the rest will come flooding in.

Ive found 9 merchant's, killed 2198 npcs, so im finding 1 every 244 npcs.

Havent npced for a while thanks to that depressing day, just demoralizing to think i could waste so much time for no reward. But i do plan to npc heavy the next few days, lets hope the npc god are with me and you.

Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:57 pm

GINK51 wrote:
Did near 10 ranks of npcing 1 day (which would maybe be 1-2 ranks at your rank ? ) , 3-4 hours , which is the longest ive ever played GL in 1 days. Guess how many i got ?? a grand total of 0 merchants ( 4 T.O, 3 Data OP, bunch of toxic pur, 2 fab's, bunch of other elites and 3 10/12's , which i soloed for the medal).That i can say was the most depressing day of GL i've had so far, even the amount of TO's,Fabs and elites i got was just sad. Next day, I did maybe 1 hour of npcing, got 5-6 merchant, got them pretty much every 40 npc; 2 TO troop carriers and only stopped npcing since i had 4 elites.. my ship wasnt even fully moded or buffed to npc and i got a ton of those merchants. Still stand by the fact that once you see 1 of the rare npc you want, the rest will come flooding in.

Ive found 9 merchant's, killed 2198 npcs, so im finding 1 every 244 npcs.

Havent npced for a while thanks to that depressing day, just demoralizing to think i could waste so much time for no reward. But i do plan to npc heavy the next few days, lets hope the npc god are with me and you.

2198 NPC's killed is considered heavy NPC'ing?

Also does that number include your depressing day of npc'ing? because if so, then wow that's actually an amazing ratio.

I npc'd day 1 of the event and killed 3k npc's for just 3 chuhn npc's. I'm now at over 30k npc's killed for the event and i don't consider that heavy npc'ing.

I realize it's all subjective, but if you really found 9 in 2198 npc's, i'd be saying woohoo, not writing up a post that complains going maybe 1k npc's with no chuhn(assuming your low ranked and each rank is maybe 100-150 npc's at most).

Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:27 pm

Honestly i have lost a lot of intrest in npcing, everytime i finish a new project planet, that happens. so i dont class 2k heavy, i didnt even say it was heavy really, so not sure where you got that impression, but i do have to say thats about <10% of all my npc kills, and at my rank range i have found not a single living player who has more NPC kills than me, not saying there isnt one out there, but i am a pretty npc orinated person for my rank. (gotta say i'm not trying to be pretentious in saying that, i know im still a npc newb and have a ton to learn)

i agree compared to ppl your rank, im doing next to nothing, but i always wonder how much time you guys must put into npcing that much ! and dont even get me started on the clicks.

I didnt complain, really just want to state that i did 10 ranks of npcing (50k nrg), which is around 1.4k-1.8k NPC and got no chuhn. i set aside a large amount of a day, for nothing IMO; though i did learn a lot of american motor bike/prison gangs, while i npced ; and the other npc rates were horrible compared what i usually get. You guys might be used to that, but im not and i doubt anyone my rank is as well ( a game lesson i guess). I also think my 10 ranks is almost the same as his 2 ranks, and i also got 0 chuhn that time. so his situation isnt uncommon, its happening to everyone.

Also in 6 npc runs, 2 of them have had chuhn show up, the day the chuhn came out and the hour of npcing.

hope that clears thing up for you kirkeastment and G'day

Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:02 pm

GINK51 wrote:
Honestly i have lost a lot of intrest in npcing, everytime i finish a new project planet, that happens. so i dont class 2k heavy, i didnt even say it was heavy really, so not sure where you got that impression, but i do have to say thats about <10% of all my npc kills, and at my rank range i have found not a single living player who has more NPC kills than me, not saying there isnt one out there, but i am a pretty npc orinated person for my rank. (gotta say i'm not trying to be pretentious in saying that, i know im still a npc newb and have a ton to learn)

i agree compared to ppl your rank, im doing next to nothing, but i always wonder how much time you guys must put into npcing that much ! and dont even get me started on the clicks.

I didnt complain, really just want to state that i did 10 ranks of npcing (50k nrg), which is around 1.4k-1.8k NPC and got no chuhn. i set aside a large amount of a day, for nothing IMO; though i did learn a lot of american motor bike/prison gangs, while i npced ; and the other npc rates were horrible compared what i usually get. You guys might be used to that, but im not and i doubt anyone my rank is as well ( a game lesson i guess). I also think my 10 ranks is almost the same as his 2 ranks, and i also got 0 chuhn that time. so his situation isnt uncommon, its happening to everyone.

Also in 6 npc runs, 2 of them have had chuhn show up, the day the chuhn came out and the hour of npcing.

hope that clears thing up for you kirkeastment and G'day

Well spawn rates can only be quantified via the NPC's killed data, and for how many NPC's you killed in those 10 ranks, under normal circumstances you should expect to get 3-4 chuhn NPC's. So yeah, spot of bad luck there.

However, as i pointed out with my only finding 3 in 3k NPC's, there are times when the spawn rate goes against you, but others when it's extremely in your favor... and your previous post proved that to be the case also, as you said you did 1 hour the next day and got 5-6 in a short span. :)

So yeah, if you're getting a ratio of 1/244 NPC's, then thank the stars, because so far everyone else whom has posted in here, has reported odds around the 1/400 range.

That's all i'm trying to get across here. Sometimes i'll go an entire day and not get 1 single terraformer, and that could consist of 5k+ NPC's during an event like Elios or Thanksgiving.

I know a few players that have gone several thousand NPC's and not get terraformers either, and for them it's easier to get tf's as they're under rank 2200.

Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:25 pm

senatorhung wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
last year's spawn rate.

11,802 NPCs - 30 Chuhn Merchants - 393 NPCs per Merchant
> Chuhn Stem Bolts: 7
> Triangulum SparkMatter: 6
> Prejor V2 Grav-Hutch: 4
> Eye of Sagittarius: 4
> Fornax Jewel: 3
> Furlinium-E Spanner: 3
> Crate of Goridian Ale: 3

15,416 NPCs - 40 Chuhn Merchants - 385.4 NPCs per Merchant
> Chuhn Stem Bolts: 8
> Triangulum SparkMatter: 7
> Crate of Goridian Ale: 7
> Eye of Sagittarius: 6
> Furlinium-E Spanner: 5
> Prejor V2 Grav-Hutch: 4
> Fornax Jewel: 3

so here's my final tally:

22,070 NPCs downed since 02sep2015.

22,070 NPCs - 48 Chuhn Merchants - 459.8 NPCs per Merchant
> Chuhn Stem Bolts: 10
> Triangulum SparkMatter: 9
> Crate of Goridian Ale: 7
> Eye of Sagittarius: 6
> Fornax Jewel: 6
> Furlinium-E Spanner: 5
> Prejor V2 Grav-Hutch: 5

_____________Image

Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:50 am
Profile WWW

taking it slowly this year, the event is around 3 to 4 weeks, so as long as I do 1000 kills pr day, getting the drops shouldnt be a huge problem

25 merchants found so far =

8 Fornax Jewel (Uses Left: 7)
3 Triangulum Sparkmatter (Uses Left: 2)
5 Chuhn Stem Bolts (Uses Left: 14) (had 10 saved up from last year)
4 Crate of Goridian Ale (Uses Left: 4)
5 Eye of Sagittarius (Uses Left: 3)
3 Prejor V2 Grav-Hutch (Uses Left: 2)
1 Furlinium-E Spanner (Uses Left: 0)

it wil proberly take me another 10 to 20 merchants to get my last Furlinium-E Spanner, but have 2 weeks left to find those
didnt bother to do a presice kill count for them this year, but looking at my stats Non-Player Kills 491.712
it proberly took me around 10.000 to 15.000 kills to get those 25

Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]