View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 cap arti prod by level 

Hey now,

WE have a damage cap by deck, why not have an arti prod cap by level?

Benefits we gain:

Lessen the overwhelming benefit of soft core cheating by having people retire and hand off great planets
No more incentive to hose down low ranks who dont know better to sell seeds and sentiox , etc for a handful of ctp beans
No more superamping of low ranks being hand fed planets to build super ssb powered speedboats
A more level field defined by time rank (experience gained) rather than luck, cheating, and treacherous means
A reason to actually rank and not just sit and collect
A better answer to the question, is this good for my level...well johnny here ya go, if you are capping prod for your level...seems good
Reduce lost resources due to lack of capacity OR storage---set cap to balance to a nice 8 hour sleep cycle...voila!
Cut back on the unchecked growth system current in play---no more monte hall of crazy prod and stats

Down side:

Butthurtness
Unchecked greed loses
Hoarders, slow players and ssb lose some of their benefit of not really playing the game (not all of it mind you, they can still slow rank at the cap for their level)
Rank would mean something again, other than 5 pts to spend an e refill and an increasing panic over being too high level

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:14 pm

Sounds reasonable +1

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:20 pm

totally ++1

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:25 pm

i'm not against the idear of putting a cap on artifact production

but if you do so, at the same time you also need to alow players to turn theire Artifact Warehouse and Scruuge Hoarding Vault back into GP's, becourse players bought those based on the need to hold theire curent AP production
and turning GP artifact back into GP's or even having those GP's refunded isnt going to happen

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:58 am

I love this idea, but 2 things:

1) Would storages still work? If yes, this is post is pointless, if no, Dan loses money.

2) What about all the people who are already OP? The new people would likely never catch up in strength.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:32 am

+1

Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:36 am
Profile WWW

I like the idea. Did you have a specific figure in mind per rank?

Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:29 pm

How about a cap of 100 AP per rank. :)

So if you want 100k AP, you need to be rank 1000.

Want 400k AP, you gotta be rank 4000.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:40 pm

wouldnt be enougth kirkeastment, I know a few rank 2000'ish players running 300K ap's pr hour
and for most players that cap would be so high that it would make no difrence

but I can live with a cap of 100 AP's pr hour as it would, the players that would hurt the most are the players that doesnt realy play the game, but only sit and do nothing but colect AP's

Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:54 pm

juiceman wrote:
Hey now,

WE have a damage cap by deck, why not have an arti prod cap by level?

Benefits we gain:

Lessen the overwhelming benefit of soft core cheating by having people retire and hand off great planets
No more incentive to hose down low ranks who dont know better to sell seeds and sentiox , etc for a handful of ctp beans
No more superamping of low ranks being hand fed planets to build super ssb powered speedboats
A more level field defined by time rank (experience gained) rather than luck, cheating, and treacherous means
A reason to actually rank and not just sit and collect
A better answer to the question, is this good for my level...well johnny here ya go, if you are capping prod for your level...seems good
Reduce lost resources due to lack of capacity OR storage---set cap to balance to a nice 8 hour sleep cycle...voila!
Cut back on the unchecked growth system current in play---no more monte hall of crazy prod and stats

Down side:

Butthurtness
Unchecked greed loses
Hoarders, slow players and ssb lose some of their benefit of not really playing the game (not all of it mind you, they can still slow rank at the cap for their level)
Rank would mean something again, other than 5 pts to spend an e refill and an increasing panic over being too high level

Your ignoring the most substantial downside. Heavy gp buyers who have insane ap for their rank through using gp to purchase ap worlds losing a big chunk of the incentive to do so.

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:36 pm

If Dan suddenly has an almost monastic zeal to reject money and decides to take a vow of poverty, this idea would be great!

If he did decide to withdraw from the material world and that he no longer wanted any money to provide us with this game, I would love to know where I could cash in all the Scruuge Hoarding Vaults, Lepus Drones, Elios Heliacal Plants and upgrades, Chuhn Trading Forums, Bane Generators and the like which were purchased (silly me) with the sole purpose of increasing AP.

That second rift definitely wouldn't have been done either, would have been waaaay over cap already, so maybe the dollars for the QSEs might be returned as well and the Dyson returned to it's previous state.

Of course, I also wouldn't be able to buy any more QSEs and reality transfusers for quite some time afterwards as it would be pointless for... maybe a year, maybe much more... depending on whatever cap it was.
But I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem in the general scheme of things given Dan would obviously have rejected the idea of being paid for providing the game.

Of course, in the grand new galaxy, we'd probably also need to re-distribute the accumulated AP of those who have played the longest as well because of... well the same reason as the suggestion to cap AP I guess... but I'm sure that would be no worries at all.
I'm sure no 5+ year players would want to have an advantage of a couple of years extra AP, and uncapped at that.
Yep, I'm sure no-one would mind in the slightest. I mean it's not like anyone has ever worked hard to build their AP.

Hang on, that sounds a bit rough doesn't it?
Almost like someone suggested something that wastes all your time and effort... or decides to steal money straight out of your wallet by making all your GP purchases and hard work a complete waste.

As for "only hurting collectors" and similar sentiments... absolute garbage, otherwise a lot more of the people talking here would be a lot higher rank than they are.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:43 pm

Ummm while we're on the topic of limits...

Dan should put a per rank limit on cloak, like 5 cloak allowed per rank.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:59 pm
Profile WWW

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this something that the planet limit was supposed to address?

Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:39 pm

actually thought was running along lines of a progressive scale by rank...

so for example your exp to rank is (level^2)*20....maybe arti curve would be something similar...or a semi-geometric curve ...as rank and experience curve up, the ability to reap more benefits would occur...so not a linear limitation , but a growing ability with rank...

Im sure someone with the time and intent could create something versatile along those lines. In practice the 100 per rank per hour is not a bad standard, but that is notwithstanding the concern of purchased items. Cap was introduced to try to create parity, people with high ap now are way out of parity, however at the top end this is at least a smaller subsection. The lower end of the spectrum is more the issue. People at rank 500 with 150k ap.

Regarding $ spend on GP items, thats a great question. IDK, maybe you get some other level of benefit--though i suspect the argument contra would be the reason those items were purchased was in fact JUST for arti growth. Depending on how the scale was created this might not be as punitive as your suspect. Like many things, if you want something possibly better holistically for all, some people will not fit nicely in the schema.

Also depending how high you set the bar, Dan would still be able to sell plenty of stuff. I know people buy allies, modules for bases, e refills, and so on now, all of which are not direct arti production or consumption. Perhaps the already purchase gp items could be sold for some manner of token/credit--which in turn could be used for other things...the door of possibilty here is for a lot of other things.

I'm not emotionally invested here, i make a decent AP and don't have much trouble accomplishing my goals, but there is a state of unbalanced gameplay which is accentuated the farther down the ranks we go. Hull and dam cap are a whole different animal at the high end..as discussion ad nauseum in other threads.

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:33 pm

so let me here this right you have 100k ap per hour and are tired of ships that has double to triple and are around the same rank as you so you want them to be punished for the hard work they put into getting there stuff done while you are now hiding under nothing but pure cloak cause you are a scared lil ship now you want to punish those who worked hard for what they gotten or for some i agree was given what they got.

glad dan does not even look into forums anymore under the suggestion box as i say this is the worse idea ever but hey if you are going to expect him to accept this idea lets break the damage cap on all the lil ships out in the galaxy and make it you can only target ships who has played the same amount of time as you so if you are on your 4th year of playing you only see people who are on there 4th year of playing the game no matter the rank.

o and bring back every npc that has vanished off our npc board no matter what rank they got lost at bring them back to give us bigger boys something to do again.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:04 am

theire is a huge difrence betwen putting a Cap on AP production and changing how many exp you need to rank

juiceman wrote:
so for example your exp to rank is (level^2)*20....maybe arti curve would be something similar...or a semi-geometric curve ...as rank and experience curve up, the ability to reap more benefits would occur...so not a linear limitation , but a growing ability with rank...

right now you need (40 * rank) + 40 exp to rank for me at rank 1885, that is roughtly 75.440 exp needed pr rank = I can autorank on my 40K max energy, more or less no matter what I do

changing it to (level^2)*20 would make it 71.964.500 exp needed to rank, making autoranking more or less imposible
that would limit all ships in the game to spending energy = theire energy regain pr day, unless they have energy refills saved up are are willing to spendt GP on refilling theire energy

that would basickly kill the game

also, if you make that change ALL players should have theire rank reduced to fit theire new total energy gained, and that leads to problems with players that have picked up level 1000 NPC drops that no one else will be able to get for say 10+ years or how long it will actialy take anyone to get to rank 1000+ with that new exp cap

so changong the exp system is an extreamly bad idear

Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:07 am

if you do want to do a variable AP cap, something like this might work
cap = ( Rank * 25 * (2 ^( int ( rank / 500))

that would give you
max 25 * Rank cap from rank 1 to 499
max 50 * Rank cap from rank 500 to 999
max 100 * rank cap from rank 1000 to 1499
max 200 * rank cap from rank 1500 to 1999
max 400 * rank cap from rank 2000 to 2499

but it basickly
cap = ( Rank * X * (Y ^( int ( rank / Z))

where
X determines where you want the cap to start
Z determines how often you want the cap to increase
and Y determines how how mutch the cap increase every time you raise it

so you can modify those numbers based on how you want the cap to behave

but it doesnt change the basick problem, that if you put a Cap on AP production a players that spendt GP on artifacts and storidgs more or less wasted theire $ if they end up producing more then the cap alowes them to make and no longer need the storidge they bougth

Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:25 pm

In the immortal words of Clark W Griswold.

" I think you are all f*****d in the head"

Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:06 pm

This would absolutely wreck people's chances to catch or join that small group of overly powerful ships.

I'm fine with my ship strength because I'm in that small group.
Cut my arti down with everyone else and I won't get upset. I'll welcome it and so will my mouse cause 250k ap/hr is annoying to claim and spend.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:09 pm

well im at 212k ap now... and the clicking doesnt seem overburdening...

glad i could provide some intrigue here though....:)

as an aside; i question the premise of many who state they 'worked' hard to earn it.... would guess 4/5 ships with this level of ap either purchased in a lot of it, got a lot of planets gifted, etc etc... now thats all "fair" play, but doesn't necessarily constitute work

ps- pokerman, you angry bro? lol....ill freely give you any of my stats you like if its keeping you awake at night...i see you watching my bum and drooling....its ok....i know the sheep are not a steady fling....shoot i might even change my title to the amourous for ya!

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next