View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Tactical Base Extenders 

Does anyone here know why I can only put 4 Base Extenders on a fresh, level 8 base? 5 special ones went on but only 4 tactical went on. We have the Chuhn mods too. Would that make a difference? I have messaged Dan but in case he doesn't reply, I'm asking on here. Thanks

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:52 am

TheBandit wrote:
Does anyone here know why I can only put 4 Base Extenders on a fresh, level 8 base? 5 special ones went on but only 4 tactical went on. We have the Chuhn mods too. Would that make a difference? I have messaged Dan but in case he doesn't reply, I'm asking on here. Thanks

From what you've said, yes the Chuhn mods are very clearly the reason you can only add 4 Base Extenders. They granted you the added 6 space, that 6 Base Extenders would have otherwise afforded you, therefore that left you only needing to install 4 Base Extenders.

Now obviously the question from that situation is;

Are the Chuhn Xondrite Adapter's supposed to act in this way or is it a glitch? & unfortunately only Support/Dan can answer that for you.

Personally, i think this is how they're meant to work & that sort of means you guys are maybe feeling annoyed since you now have 6 less base space than you would have expected when the items were purchased.

My reason for thinking this is how its meant to work, is due to the item description;

Code:
Increases standard space available on your base by 3, even if already at maximum size.

It doesn't say it increases the "Max Standard Space available" on bases by 3, as that would mean an allowance to always go +6 over max space for any base level.

It just says it will increase the standard space available on your base by 3 & as it's a permanent module it always grants those +3/+6 spaces upon upgrade. So if you had 140/140 at level 7 and used them, hooray, you would now have 146/146, which can be great to have if you don't plan to upgrade your base further as its extra space to fit other stuff without needing to upgrade, which can be costly.

To me, the "even if already at maximum size" is a bonus. So if you then "choose" to upgrade your base, you lose that "bonus" aspect of extra space over your max space cap for a level 7 base.

However, these modules shouldn't be seen as a huge loss, as this makes the modules uniquely amazing for a legion with a base below level 7 that wants to upgrade, because after you shell out the 304 GP for 2 of them. You save yourself 240 GP every level that you upgrade(as you don't need to purchase 6 regular extenders).

Anyway, that's just my thoughts on the idea of the module and how its meant to work. It's just a case of whether Dan intended it to work the way i believe it was intended above or if he meant it to always grant +3 space over max.

I hope this helps answer your original query as well as answering a question you didn't ask which is if this is a glitch or intended. :)

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:17 pm

That does help a little, but it doesn't make it better. Has Dan been known to refund/rebuild GP items, eg if I took off the Chuhn ones and added the 6, would he re-add the Chuhn after?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:04 pm

TheBandit wrote:
That does help a little, but it doesn't make it better. Has Dan been known to refund/rebuild GP items, eg if I took off the Chuhn ones and added the 6, would he re-add the Chuhn after?

He'd likely just add +6 space to your base and delete the artifacts from your cargo.

Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:27 pm

ActualFate wrote:
TheBandit wrote:

He'd likely just add +6 space to your base and delete the artifacts from your cargo.

I concur.

I feel like at the very least you would have a good reason to state that you were misled on what the artifact was intended to do. If of course, my assumption on it doing what it was meant to was correct.

Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]