View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Corrupt Support or Player Desperate For Attention 

Make of this what you will but as it's CapitainePaul, some of you probably will make the assumption now anyway lol.

So a day or so ago, he says he used a Reality Transfuser on a planet of theirs and received ACR(+20% Artifact).

Being rather peeved at this, as the planet was severely tilted towards Mining by a degree of like 38 richness points, he decided to send a support ticket asking if he could have the RT returned to his cargo and the effect taken off the planet.

Now, he's not in the wrong here. We've all thought about doing it, heck some of us probably have even done so, but that's not the issue here;

The RT is very clear in that it is not a guarantee of a certain effect. We all know that what you get is what you get and that there is no way to get a do over.

Some have even posted on the forums to say they asked for a refund of the RT to try again when they got Small Moons and were told flatly, NO, there are no refunds for RT's. Same for those whom have RT'd a Sentient and gotten Reactive Barrier.

That is of course until today, when Paul said he got his refund and effect removed.

Personally i'd love to know if this was the case and why this was handled so differently than all of our other requests since RT's were brought into the game and why there is special treatment for what is now one specific player?

If support are going to be handling situations like this on a we do what we like when we feel like it basis, then perhaps it really is time that we can just select the RT effect we want, especially if support are going to be treating people differently.

Last edited by kirkeastment on Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:18 am, edited 8 times in total.

Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:41 pm

Sidenote:

If Dan or Moderators would like to delete this thread and/or ban me from the forums for posting this, feel free, but i'll have hundreds of players copy+pasting this thread if you do, esp since most don't even use their forum accounts these days.

Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:45 pm

Might as well make it an option based artifact..

Reality Transfuser
Allows the planet to be analyzed to unlock a permanent effect on it.
Can only be used planets that do not already have such an effect.
You may choose ONE of the following:
Large Moons
Small Moons
Planetary Rings
Ancient Civilization Ruins

.. I feel like I am forgetting one.. But you get my drift.. If they are going to be refundable to someone, it will cause.. Well someone to post about it, and make everyone annoyed that they didn't get the same treatment, so why not make it like this?

No more Small Moons for ANYONE. Rejoice fellow Galaxy Legion players!

Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:03 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
That's right, there's some bait in that title, just so the people who run this game realize what's up. 8-)

Make of this what you will but i have no reason to doubt the party involved.

So a day or so ago, an acquaintance used a Reality Transfuser on a planet of theirs and received ACR(+20% Artifact).

Being rather peeved at this, as the planet was severely tilted towards Mining by a degree of like 38 richness points, he decided to send a support ticket asking if he could have the RT returned to his cargo and the effect taken off the planet.

Now, he's not in the wrong here. We've all thought about doing it, heck some of us probably have even done so, but that's not the issue here;

The RT is very clear in that it is not a guarantee of a certain effect. We all know that what you get is what you get and that there is no way to get a do over.

Some have even posted on the forums to say they asked for a refund of the RT to try again when they got Small Moons and were told flatly, NO, there are no refunds for RT's. Same for those whom have RT'd a Sentient and gotten Reactive Barrier.

That is of course until today, when a Support Employee of Galaxy Legion refunded the RT to the persons cargo and removed the ACR effect from the planet.

Now i'm not going to put the person who sent the ticket on blast;

That said i think we would all appreciate hearing from Dan or Support themselves as to why this was handled so differently than all of our other requests since RT's were brought into the game and why there is special treatment for what is now one specific player?

If support are going to be handling situations like this on a we do what we like when we feel like it basis, then perhaps it really is time that we can just select the RT effect we want, especially if support are going to be treating people differently.

I wonder if it was his new level 1 support person that did it. They prob don't realize that's a no no.

Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:00 am

Yeah, i can firmly say im opposed to refunding for many reasons.

1) if such would be the common case- why would anyone choose some of those selections? or conversely why not let the user pick the effect
This defeats the random purpose and nature of things. Otherwise just transfuse a fixed gp purchase with a fixed effect.

2) what about all the planets people have already transfused and didn't get what they want? Should we submit tickets on all of those for nice re-rolls? Hell i don't even want small moons and for the most part could give a damn about acr either. Reactive barrier would be straight out the door.

3) sets a terrible precedent- tbh i'm opposed to even allowing corrections to simply player errors...people have used artis on planets by accidental clicking or poor choice, then had it reversed... if its not a system driven error or issue, you did it...live with what happens...

4) why stop here ? i made some poor choices early game on using seeds...id like those back to use now, can i file a ticket and get back my items?

This smacks of possibly being a well intentioned action applied to a situation where the better response would have been a firm but fair no.

If you want to make a change, i'd suggest this...make a reality tranfuser able to overlay whatever effect is on a planet. You have no effect..get a random one, you have an effect already, using a RT created a new one which replaces the old. We all win. Dan gets more money, we dice roll till we get what we want. There is the underlying ability to slant rng to give less desirable effects to lead to purchasing more rt's, but i would give benefit of the doubt that Dan is honest and wouldn't go that way.

my 2 cents

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:12 am

This guy gets refunded a RT, And I don't get refunded the 6GP i accidentally wasted on the stupid mission puzzle.
That right there is corruption people.

Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:06 pm

that's not corruption, that is multiple people handeling it and not everyone makes the same call about what to refund or not

Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:12 pm
Profile WWW

It is a little unsettling considering the small moons that have ruined Dysons for me.

I am not surprised but if there are human beings involved there is a potential for a glitch or two.

Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:16 pm

Iv gotten lots of small moons on my 22x arty planets, and although obviously gutted, have never sent a ticket about it: Iv just gotten on with things as I thought everyone else did. I dont think its fair 1 player gets preferential treatment....otherwise I want all my small moons reversed to rings lol

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:24 pm

Hmmm,

Well obviously there is some odd standards with in the support team... it shouldnt be since its not fair to the rest of us.

- Forum topics are not the proper place to bring up inter-legion conflicts.

Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:33 pm

Rambojr wrote:
Hmmm,

Well obviously there is some odd standards with in the support team... it shouldnt be since its not fair to the rest of us.

So update time;

Dude sent another ticket, as he got ACR again..... waiting on that outcome.

Although at this stage, they also said dude is flat out lying about getting his RT do-over. I shouldn't be surprised i guess, given whom it is.

Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:54 pm

The fact that you get so much personal amusement from trashing some one in the first line of your post takes most of the punch right out of it.

The question I would be asking is why does a Arti based planet have a 100 % chance of being improved by using a RT but a Mining or Research only have a 75% chance keeping in mind RT's aren't cheap. Barriers may not improve production but a RT being used clearly says it's a planet worth being invinsible. Ruins on Mining or Research have no use in any way at all so yes he has the right to question that , there is a massive difference asking for a effect that does nothing to be changed to asking if you can have another go because you got small moons on your dyson or rift it's *still* an improvement.

So yes I could see Dan weighing that up based on CP isn't asking for something better on a Arti planet, he's just asking for something that actually does improve the planet which is the idea of a RT, rather than a outcome that does absolutely nothing.

Chance is biased on non arti planets why isn't that a reasonable question to ask.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:13 am

Ruins on any planet has value. Even on a "mining" dyson, it still has a set value for arty production. And still if the dyson in question is below 20x arty, it can still be made 20x arty. 2nd do you think no buildings with arty production wasn't used on this planet?? Just because the highest value on the planet is mining, does not mean the planet can't be used to produce arty.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:26 pm

pfff really.. try telling people with Colossal Plasma Planet 17x research only how much value ruins have, and yes RT's get used on them Ive swiped several, put as many arti structures on that as you like it will still read a big fat nothing.

Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:14 pm

If I have a 17x, 22x, 17x planet and I got ruins, should I complain because my mining/research didn't get a bonus?
1. As mentioned before it has a 20% bonus to artifact and the artifact can be made 20x, load the planet with nothing but artifacts(better ratio).
2. If you buy a RT you know what to expect.
3. Plasmas are good project planets for their size.

SUGGESTION - If a player wants to exchange their current effect they get small moons since it provides a bonus to all planets.

ACTUAL SUGGESTION(already mentioned) - Raise the price(minor raise, 1-6gp) of RT's and let the players choose the effect

Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:06 pm
Profile WWW

stuffybeary wrote:
If I have a 17x, 22x, 17x planet and I got ruins, should I complain because my mining/research didn't get a bonus?
1. As mentioned before it has a 20% bonus to artifact and the artifact can be made 20x, load the planet with nothing but artifacts(better ratio).
2. If you buy a RT you know what to expect.
3. Plasmas are good project planets for their size.

SUGGESTION - If a player wants to exchange their current effect they get small moons since it provides a bonus to all planets.

ACTUAL SUGGESTION(already mentioned) - Raise the price(minor raise, 1-6gp) of RT's and let the players choose the effect

then Dan might as well remove small moons and Ruins from the ST list, and also Reactive Barrier.

A better option will be to allow unlimited RT uses on a planet, each new use removing the old effect.

Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:54 am
Profile WWW

i agree with avatar...ok you got a benefit, you dont like it, feel free to pay again and roll the dice...solves the "stuck with crap" effect issue, makes Dan money, you hopefully get the one you wanted...win win win

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:22 pm

juiceman wrote:
i agree with avatar...ok you got a benefit, you dont like it, feel free to pay again and roll the dice...solves the "stuck with crap" effect issue, makes Dan money, you hopefully get the one you wanted...win win win

i would also support using unlimited reality transfusers on a planet. not that i would AVOID invading an otherwise nice planet that only has small moons .. but it drops it down the list of consideration. being able to re.roll the transfuser would bump that planet back to the top of the list.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:00 pm
Profile WWW

I don't like the re-roll idea because it just becomes a case of "spend x amount to get what you want". For people who can't afford to buy more than one transfuser it becomes completely unfair. Instead, just make it so you can pick what you want. People will be more inclined to purchase transfusers because they know what they'll be getting, and nobody will #$&*@ about getting something they didn't want.

Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:58 pm

ActualFate wrote:
I don't like the re-roll idea because it just becomes a case of "spend x amount to get what you want". For people who can't afford to buy more than one transfuser it becomes completely unfair. Instead, just make it so you can pick what you want. People will be more inclined to purchase transfusers because they know what they'll be getting, and nobody will #$&*@ about getting something they didn't want.

Then that goes back to one of the other suggestions which is to just nix the small moon, ACR and Reactive Barrier effects, as nobody wants them anyway.

Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]