View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 damage cap calculation 

my ship has 299 decks (rank 233) so with the information found on the wiki i calculated a damage cap of 150

but now i have confirmation from someone that dissabled my ship that he hit me for MORE then 150 (he think it was around 300). He's sure it was more then 150 or he wouldn't have bothered to try to dissable my ship but find a easier target.

Did the damage cap formula's change and is the wiki outdated or is it possible something broke?

Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:33 pm
Profile WWW

Damage cap is only part of the equation to determine the damage. See Damage Caps (PVP) and Combat Formula Approximation in the wiki.

Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:53 pm

Raigonne wrote:
Damage cap is only part of the equation to determine the damage. See Damage Caps (PVP) and Combat Formula Approximation in the wiki.

Damage Cap isn't just a part of the equation, it's the max damage you can take from an enemy player, that's why it's called a "CAP".

There is no way to surpass that cap at all, so the equations mean nothing at this stage as he has already stated the two things needed to confirm what the max damage is that his ship can take.

So that's decks/2 = 150(rounded) OR rank+19/2 which would be 126. 150 is the higher, so that's the max damage he can take from an enemy combatant in PvP. :)

AEnterprise_ wrote:
my ship has 299 decks (rank 233) so with the information found on the wiki i calculated a damage cap of 150

but now i have confirmation from someone that dissabled my ship that he hit me for MORE then 150 (he think it was around 300). He's sure it was more then 150 or he wouldn't have bothered to try to dissable my ship but find a easier target.

Did the damage cap formula's change and is the wiki outdated or is it possible something broke?

Since the person whom attacked you isn't sure(if he was sure, he'd provide more evidence than just saying he was sure), you need to check the top ten kills board players and leave people ship comms asking if you can hit them with an artifact so that you can then have them test your damage cap for you. They are guaranteed to hit you for max damage and can therefore relay your actual damage cap for you.

The only way the person whom attacked you is not trolling you is if you have misunderstood how decks work and you believe it's only utilized decks, i.e. you actually have 299/600 decks.. If that's the case then yes your damage cap is much much higher.

If you truly have just 299 decks(299/299), then your damage cap is definitely only 150. :)

If after all this, one of the top ten kills players does indeed tell you, you're taking more damage than you should be, then file a report in-game and it should be rectified by support. :)

Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:03 pm

alright i'll see if i can get a high rank to confirm my damage cap, and i need only have 299 decks, (using 295)

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]