View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Prismatic issue 

Legionmate is having an issue with his Prismatic. He didn't colonize it right away (wasn't sure it was worth it) and then basically forgot about it. He had already used the arti to see it though. Now he remembered and went to colonize it, but it says he can't. Even weirder - it's uplifted to UR/7X/ER even though it's uncolonized and he never touched it. Anyone ever see this, have any ideas?

He opened a ticket, but as usual there has been no response.
http://i.imgur.com/bt9LUID.png

Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:54 pm

100% sure he didnt scan it ? since its been uplifted and i know you can scan other Unoc invincible planets.
and if he didn't just report it to dan, he'll fix it. Might take a week, re-report if need be, from experience even my stupid requests/tickets always get a response.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:09 pm

GINK51 wrote:
100% sure he didnt scan it ? since its been uplifted and i know you can scan other Unoc invincible planets.
and if he didn't just report it to dan, he'll fix it. Might take a week, re-report if need be, from experience even my stupid requests/tickets always get a response.

Nope, he used the arti to see it but didn't take it because it kinda sucks at first. Figured he'd read up on it later, then forgot about it. It's invincible with 100K cloak, nobody else saw it. He's waiting for a response but as of yet nothing but silence.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:05 pm

Bite wrote:
Nope, he used the arti to see it but didn't take it because it kinda sucks at first. Figured he'd read up on it later, then forgot about it. It's invincible with 100K cloak, nobody else saw it.

A 5+ year old player with this attitude on their 5 year item doesn't deserve it.

Last edited by ODragon on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:48 am

crit hack of the year?

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:29 pm
Profile WWW

hellz yeah, if you could uplift BOTH!!! there's a ppoint of pride

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:36 am

So... it seems that some1 found a nice way to deal with this - issue.. No reply, not a word .. And Prismatic is gone from my scans :D
It is kind of sad, that GL has that kind of "Customer "SUPPORT""..

feels like been robbed :roll:

Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:37 pm

ODragon wrote:
Bite wrote:
Nope, he used the arti to see it but didn't take it because it kinda sucks at first. Figured he'd read up on it later, then forgot about it. It's invincible with 100K cloak, nobody else saw it.

A 5+ year old player with this attitude on their 5 year item doesn't deserve it.

U know friend... I give you this example... You are long term customer at a bank, they give you a reward for being customer for 5 years. Reward is lets say 5000$ if you take a loan for a house. But you are not buying house at that time... and then in some time you return to claim the reward but you can not. It says your reward is not available. You try to ask around, send emails.... nothing.. and then you see that your reward is simply gone without any reply from your bank manager or whoever should give you an answer.
That's how i see it :) It does not matter when i shall claim it, reward belongs to me for being active for 5 yrs :) Plus, this Prismatic planet is a $ sink, or so to say $ to GL account in most cases. So if do not deserve to spend my $ on GL... thats fine :D

Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:48 pm

since your here can you post your 5 year medal, no real reason for dan to take it off your scan and for it to upgrade on its own, unless its not yours to start off. Not insinuating anything just want to get all the details.

And you honestly thought a reward for 5 years worth of gameplay would be junk, not to mention it was on the forum and wiki, so a little research would have told you it wasn't, At the stage of the game you're at, You'd think if you don't know something and care about the game, you'll put effort to find out.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:36 pm

GINK51 wrote:
since your here can you post your 5 year medal, no real reason for dan to take it off your scan and for it to upgrade on its own, unless its not yours to start off

indeed.

also before anyone comes in saying it has 100k cloak it can't be scanned bullsh1t, planets with inactive owners have no cloak(even if they're in legion still and the planet has 400k cloak before bonus, it still has 0 cloak).

planets that are unocc, have zero cloak too

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:54 pm

GINK51 wrote:
since your here can you post your 5 year medal, no real reason for dan to take it off your scan and for it to upgrade on its own, unless its not yours to start off. Not insinuating anything just want to get all the details.

And you honestly thought a reward for 5 years worth of gameplay would be junk, not to mention it was on the forum and wiki, so a little research would have told you it wasn't, At the stage of the game you're at, You'd think if you don't know something and care about the game, you'll put effort to find out.

Here you go.
Awarded:
May-29-15 Path of the Devoted
Collect a daily reward after playing Galaxy Legion for over 5 years and reaching at least Rank 1000. Reward

You know it is difficult to stay as active as in first days for 5+ yrs right. Ppl has things happening in their lifes.. some quit, some play less, some leaves and then comes back..

Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:11 am

Kornholio wrote:

Here you go.
Awarded:
Collect a daily reward after playing Galaxy Legion for over 5 years and reaching at least Rank 1000. Reward

You know it is difficult to stay as active as in first days for 5+ yrs right. Ppl has things happening in their lifes.. some quit, some play less, some leaves and then comes back..

Thank you, that's all the proof i needed to tell you that it was not your Prismatic.

You're saying that on May 29th you revealed Prismatic X114

and yet here we have, on June 3rd 2015, a player stating they just revealed Prismatic X113

detregets wrote:
Got mine today !

X113

XD yay !

viewtopic.php?p=439323#p439323

So, now that we've discovered that the planet in the OP is not yours....

I would advise that you check your colonized & unoccupied worlds to see if it's there as well as checking your cargo for the artifact that reveals Prismatics.

If you cannot find the planet or the artifact, then report it via the ticket system again and tell them you must have accidentally purged your own way back when, and they should drop it back into your scans. :)

Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:36 am

Your Prismatic, or at least whomever X114 was 'supposed' to belong to, was scanned and colonized by another player.

No, I'm not making this up. Several weeks ago, one of our members claimed to have successfully found and colonized an unoccupied Prismatic during a scan run. After seeing this thread today, I sifted back through the chat and sure enough, it was X114. The ensuing discussion over how such a thing came to be led to this little amusing and prescient exchange.

As far as the current state of the planet goes, its 'new' owner reportedly discovered that the neat bonus of having two Prismatics actually ends up causing the various abilities to glitch up and not work on either planet after a certain amount of time, so he opened a support ticket and got the second one abandoned. This would probably explain why you could see it on your scans having been somewhat uplifted while still appearing to be uncolonized (actually abandoned, though not through the usual means), and possibly why you weren't then able to colonize it; maybe Dan put some kind of fix on it to prevent the same thing from happening again. As to why it's now gone from your scans entirely, I couldn't say. Maybe he decided it was simpler just to remove the planet entirely.

So what does all this mean for the 'real' owner of X114? I have no idea. Throw yourself at Dan's mercy, and maybe stop accusing him of robbing you of a reward that you actually let slip away on your own. Maybe this additional information will help you explain things and get it sorted out. Despite its loss pretty much being your own fault, I suppose that I do sincerely hope you are able to get a Prismatic back, since it would suck to miss out on that sort of one (or, briefly, two)-of-a-kind reward. But I also hope you'll forgive us for finding the whole thing pretty damn funny.

Last edited by comaface on Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:00 am

kirkeastment wrote:
Kornholio wrote:
Here you go.
Awarded:

Thank you, that's all the proof i needed to tell you that it was not your Prismatic.
You're saying that on May 29th you revealed Prismatic X114
and yet here we have, on June 3rd 2015, a player stating they just revealed Prismatic X113
detregets wrote:
Got mine today !
X113
XD yay !

viewtopic.php?p=439323#p439323

So, now that we've discovered that the planet in the OP is not yours....
I would advise that you check your colonized & unoccupied worlds to see if it's there as well as checking your cargo for the artifact that reveals Prismatics.
If you cannot find the planet or the artifact, then report it via the ticket system again and tell them you must have accidentally purged your own way back when, and they should drop it back into your scans. :)

This would only prove that the Prismatic wasn't his if the numbers are assigned based on the order that people reach the 5 year mark, rather than the order in which they actually use the Lens. I honestly don't know which it is, but if I had to guess I would pick the latter. And since this is a guy who waited more than half a year to go colonize his Prismatic, it stands to reason that there's a fair chance he may have gone a few days before actually using the reward to reveal the planet.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:03 am

comaface wrote:
Your Prismatic, or at least whomever X114 was 'supposed' to belong to, was scanned and colonized by another player.

No, I'm not making this up. Several weeks ago, one of our members claimed to have successfully found and colonized an unoccupied Prismatic during a scan run. After seeing this thread today, I sifted back through the chat and sure enough, it was X114. The ensuing discussion over how such a thing came to be led to this little amusing and prescient exchange.

As far as the current state of the planet goes, its 'new' owner reportedly discovered that the neat bonus of having two Prismatics actually ends up causing the various abilities to glitch up and not work on either planet after a certain amount of time, so he opened a support ticket and got the second one abandoned. This would probably explain why you could see it on your scans having been somewhat uplifted while still appearing to be uncolonized (actually abandoned, though not through the usual means), and possibly why you weren't then able to colonize it; maybe Dan put some kind of fix on it to prevent the same thing from happening again. As to why it's now gone from your scans entirely, I couldn't say. Maybe he decided it was simpler just to remove the planet entirely.

So what does all this mean for the 'real' owner of X114? I have no idea. Throw yourself at Dan's mercy, and maybe stop accusing him of robbing you of a reward that you actually let slip away on your own. Maybe this additional information will help you explain things and get it sorted out. Despite its loss pretty much being your own fault, I suppose that I do sincerely hope you are able to get a Prismatic back, since it would suck to miss out on that sort of one (or, briefly, two)-of-a-kind reward. But I also hope you'll forgive us for finding the whole thing pretty damn funny.

Great story, as i doubt the planet is your from what kirk said; the fact he didnt mention the above and dans actions, if dan can be bothered to return 2 star purgers, from them glitching, im sure hell give you your hard earnt 5 year medal . And why, Oh why, were you so thick as to not take your 5 year medal, not notice someone had taken it and built it up.. Then have the audacity to complain that dan has robbed you, All that is if the planet is even your, which i doubt very much.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:14 am

Gink, you have missed quite a bit there, even the bits where you quoted exactly what they said.

Wrong person entirely. They are not claiming and nor have they ever claimed that the planet was theirs.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:27 am

Deigobene wrote:
Gink, you have missed quite a bit there, even the bits where you quoted exactly what they said.

Wrong person entirely. They are not claiming and nor have they ever claimed that the planet was theirs.

Yep i know, sorry about the confusion but the quote was only for the ''Great story'' part. Since i enjoyed the story coma had to say. I know it's a different person and i havent placed the quote too well.
and i know 'Wrong person entirely. They are not claiming and nor have they ever claimed that the planet was theirs.''

everything after Good story was directed towards Kornholio. hope that clears it up.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:15 am

To clarify.
I did not say it was my Prismatic, i assumed so, but did not say it was mine. That is why i asked for clarification, why its uplifted, and why i cant colonize it. Comaface's answer made it clear, more than clear. End of that question.
I did not accuse Dan on anything. I simply said that without any answer or any word towards all this topic, the planet suddenly was gone. And since i do not have my Prismatic anyway, i feel robbed. Never blamed any1, i know it is my own fault not to occupy at once (I know now). I was assuming since it is a personal medal, planet shall also be PERSONAL. plus it had all this invincible bla bla .. :) well i could go on with the reasons, but it changes nothing.
As of game support. Now i can say i got an explanation but not from mods/devs... so my point there is still......
About purgers. Planet is invincible for artifacts, so you can not purge it!

Did i miss something? Oh, well if Dan or some other person capable of doing anything about it, reads this, and thinks i do not deserve my planet... so be it, i am not going to irritate him/them crying to bring it back to me. Some1 might have scanned or maybe hacked it, occupied.... But as Comaface said, its not really working with 2 Prismatics... so the person having my Prismatic has no use of it aswell, so that would make sence for me to get my planet :) Or i am wrong?

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:23 pm

You know what, Comaface can be right again. It might have been my Prismatic X114. (I am quite sure i did not open the artie the same day, i was quite inactive at the time, was just collecting daily rewards, and stuff... Did not even knew about this Reward lol. At some point i found this artifact, used it, checked a planet... and well ya'll know the rest...)
I probably was able to see it, cuz it was on my scans sice i opened it, then some1 took it, tried to uplift, it didn't work, abandoned, and that is when i saw it at VL 7x. Still dunno why i could not occupy it, since i do not have Prismatic, and that one was not occupied.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:32 pm

I know you can't colonize unoccupied mission planets because they're invincible. (had an old legionmate that would alert one FFA he scanned just to watch ppl go crazy trying to colonize it)

Perhaps the same thing happens with the Prismatic.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next