View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Hacker vs Spy prof.Please help 

As the title says.
Explain me which profession is better for hacking.Im Zolazin Spy at the moment and im focused only in hacking.
Should i change to hacker?
its 30% hack vs 20% cloack

Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:19 pm

Cloak:

- Defense against being found
- Hiding ship equipment
- Defense against critical attacks

so, Cloak, so Spy

Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:45 pm
Profile WWW

narrwass wrote:
As the title says.
Explain me which profession is better for hacking.Im Zolazin Spy at the moment and im focused only in hacking.
Should i change to hacker?
its 30% hack vs 20% cloack

if you are seeing the hack button active on most of your targets on the battle tab, then going with hacker would give you better odds of hacking successfully. however, if most of those on your battle tab have "Your cloaking ability is not powerful enough" to hack, more cloak is more useful.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:27 pm
Profile WWW

so....enters the high ranking spy in the game...

as zol spy with just under 26k unbuffed cloak i virtually never fail to hack anyone...i typically run 13-14k scan to go aside this....with raven ability im usually 28-30k cloak....as you need cloak to bypass enemy scan in order TO hack...this kind of makes sense...i have about a 93% success rate, with the odd fail..

Also, for whatever it is worth, i have not crit failed in about my last 3000 hack attempts as zol spy. I would assume this is in LARGE part due to my own cloak figured into the equations. Hacker does not inherently provide a better arrangement to me, even if it possibly offers slightly better hacking odds. Cloak is on all the time and hacker ONLY helps when you are hacking.

My opin.

ad hoc- i have not been crit hacked in forever either, even when spammed....evaluate for yourself

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:57 pm

Dont be a hacker ,absolutely useless.
thats coming from a hacker.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:39 pm

Hackers get banned, yo! :lol:

Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:04 pm

GINK51 wrote:

To add in a little more context, Hacker will not do you any good at all if you have relatively little cloak and scan, which judging from Gink's ship logs seems to be the case.

Hacking strength seems to be based on a combination of your scan+cloak, so without a decent amount of those relative to your BT opponents then any % increase in either cloak or hacking strength will not help much at all, because a % increase of "bugger all" is still "bugger all".

Anecdotally, with a good amount of scan and cloak during a short stint as Hacker I found a delightful increase in the amount of crit fails by opponents attempting to hack me.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:24 pm

Deigobene wrote:
GINK51 wrote:

To add in a little more context, Hacker will not do you any good at all if you have relatively little cloak and scan, which judging from Gink's ship logs seems to be the case.

Hacking strength seems to be based on a combination of your scan+cloak, so without a decent amount of those relative to your BT opponents then any % increase in either cloak or hacking strength will not help much at all, because a % increase of "bugger all" is still "bugger all".

Anecdotally, with a good amount of scan and cloak during a short stint as Hacker I found a delightful increase in the amount of crit fails by opponents attempting to hack me.

I do agree with what Deigobene said, just today,
2 hours, 43 mins ago From: 88RAPTOR88
88RAPTOR88 failed to hack into your ship computer. You counter-hack and steal the location of their planet: ********

and i crit hacked someone planet today as well ... so can be useful for that. but for plain hacking, which i do here and there and have done today, 50+ blue badges, Being hacker is useless. having more cloak so you can hack more people, the ones that dont give a hack option in your scan range, would be more useful IMO. And what everyone has said above

BTW Deigobene my ship logs are done with no mod ( i know you meant no insult; and none taken ),but since im a SSB i have to switch playstyle modes, so if i put one one, my ship will seem like a glass cannon, a tank, energy tank ect, so i leave it on my tank mode;max hull and shield or with no mods. when i hack or pvp, i obviously have more scan and cloak otherwise ill be scanning the same people and wont be able to hack new people i find; when i hack i put my cloak to about 2k and increae my scan from 130-1.5k. so no point of the first paragraph.

And as a hacker i can say there is little to no major gains of being a hacker; more Crit hacks yes and some other minor things, otherwise hacking seems the same. I would without a doubt say spy is better than hacker. from what everyone above has said and the lack of any real major gain from hacker for the trade off of the gain from spy.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:54 pm

GINK51 wrote:
Deigobene wrote:
GINK51 wrote:

I do agree with what Deigobene said, just today,
2 hours, 43 mins ago From: 88RAPTOR88
88RAPTOR88 failed to hack into your ship computer. You counter-hack and steal the location of their planet: ********

and i crit hacked someone planet today as well ... so can be useful for that. but for plain hacking, which i do here and there and have done today, 50+ blue badges, Being hacker is useless. having more cloak so you can hack more people, the ones that dont give a hack option in your scan range, would be more useful IMO. And what everyone has said above

BTW Deigobene my ship logs are done with no mod ( i know you meant no insult; and none taken ),but since im a SSB i have to switch playstyle modes, so if i put one one, my ship will seem like a glass cannon, a tank, energy tank ect, so i leave it on my tank mode;max hull and shield or with no mods. when i hack or pvp, i obviously have more scan and cloak otherwise ill be scanning the same people and wont be able to hack new people i find; when i hack i put my cloak to about 2k and increae my scan from 130-1.5k. so no point of the first paragraph.

And as a hacker i can say there is little to no major gains of being a hacker; more Crit hacks yes and some other minor things, otherwise hacking seems the same. I would without a doubt say spy is better than hacker. from what everyone above has said and the lack of any real major gain from hacker for the trade off of the gain from spy.

Oh totally GINK, I know your logs are mod-less, I was actually more interested in the size restrictions of your build choice which make high scan and cloak almost impossible at your rank.
The maths of the % increases doesn't change that much though imo, to the extent that I wouldn't really recommend either Hacker or Spy as a good choice for anyone with a small build around your rank.
Later on, when ranking allows even a smaller ship to fly with much higher amounts of cloak and scan they seem to be a more enticing option.

I think Senator summed it up very nicely when he said if you have a grey button a lot then choose cloak, if not choose hack.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:14 am

I would say hacking is so easy that my SSB hasn't really affected it; At my current rank and before; from my past Hacking exp i would say hacking is so easy that the hacker prof is not needed, the hardest part of hacking for me, is having enough cloak to hack all the ppl on my BT and that is somewhat due to my SSB and being too lazy to change mods and add more cloak. This is All sub-rank 600 and you guys will know better about hacking past rank 600. But if it stay as it is before rank 600, i would say dont be hacker and be spy.

I also agree on the mahs part and i would definitely agree hacker and spy are horrible prof for SSB, one of the worst ones really.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:34 am

GINK51 wrote:
I also agree on the mahs part and i would definitely agree hacker and spy are horrible prof for SSB, one of the worst ones really.

MERCHANT is the worst profession.

miner can be a crutch if you desperately need EM for a limited time purpose. otherwise, it is pretty useless.

builder is also a crutch but can be used temporarily in a cash crunch.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:57 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
builder is also a crutch but can be used temporarily in a cash crunch.
True, but if you are managing your ship and planets so poorly you need that crutch, you undoubtedly have more problems than Builder can solve.

There is one time I can think of where Builder was helpful. Legion had a player who was trying out for some reality show, and not allowed to use electronic communication for 20 or 30 days or something. No playing GL, no collecting resources, no nothing. In his case, being Builder made sense, because he had a big, expensive ship, and it doubled the time he could be away without his modules taking damage. But note: HE WAS NOT PLAYING GL AT ALL FOR 20-30 DAYS! For anybody who is actually playing, there is really no excuse.

That being said, Merchant is still even less useful.

:P

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:34 am

Regarding Hacker vs. Spy, the only reason I don't say for sure Spy is better is this comment from Dan many moons ago:

viewtopic.php?p=14067#p14067

If you have a 30% bonus to the "check roll" after a successful hack (or vs. if somebody has hacked you), who knows -- maybe that is handier? Would have to have it clarified, though.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:34 am

Well i will stay SPY.Can you recommend me good clock modules missions? i have 7k nonbuffed cloack.I manage to hack guys in 2k+ ranks.

here is what i have.
cloacking:
Inverse Flux Jammer - Mark III x2, Dimensional Mask - Mark III x2, Alarri Probability Core, Litheor Data Interface x3, Triaxial Array x3, Bio-Signature Scrambler x4, CipherBot x3, Kronyn Anomaly Engine x4, Zolazin Jammer x2, Gamma Channeler

sensors:
Continuum Parser, Merged DataNode, Tetra-Seek Targeter x3, Zortah's Interface Jack v.2 x2, Zortah's Interface Jack, Datastream Compiler x4, Sha'din Hypergrid Core x4, Stryll Prey Tracker x2, Decryption Quad-Frame x3, Exo-Temporal Translator x4, Stryll Transponder, AI Supercomputer, Tachyon Router, Flux Ringdisc

Im working on upgrading the Decryption Quad-Frame and Zortah's Interface Jack + CipherBot.Then i will get the bainar and anubis ally.

26k cloack is wow.I will aim for this

Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]