View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Dark Psycubes, do they work? 

I bought 2 from the Halloween event last year and I've not had a single "event" go on, I know it says "Has a chance at triggering a random event" but after 5 months you would of gotten at least one right?

Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:14 pm

Yllib wrote:
I bought 2 from the Halloween event last year and I've not had a single "event" go on, I know it says "Has a chance at triggering a random event" but after 5 months you would of gotten at least one right?

i've gotten 1 event since picking up the mods (in over 100 planetary invasions, but i don't put them on for every invasion since some planets are abandoned right after strip.mining the artis). i've used the mods for scan runs tho, so i don't see the mods as a complete waste, but the trigger effects are definitely not common enough to buy the arti just to try for them.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:27 pm
Profile WWW

Dan hoodwinked everyone with this module. It most likely has the same chance as finding a dyson or a quasi dropping.....sure it is possible, but not likely. Enjoy the pricey scan module.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:36 am

Same here, havent had 1 event triggered as yet.

There is always the hope that the next one would be the lucky one, but hey I have the same attitude with scanning, lol :D

Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:55 pm
Profile WWW

on my news feed:

That happened right after I hit invade today. Was just a world I was going to take arties off of and then abandon but then that happened.

This was not an "analyze" event as that would have said "'Planet name' has reported strange readings coming from the planet's surface. It may be time to analyze the planet." Plus my upkeep isn't due till several hours after this was invaded.

Last edited by Pitch Ninja on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:47 am

invasion almost daily and not a single event yet other then the basics prisoners and that crap that normally showed up this is 1 of the biggest waste of the mods that paid for i have seen so far and will continue being a waste until i finally do see something i heard of people getting rings and stuff though

Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:05 am

I havent seen any special effects either.
Ive invaded probably 50+ times since i got mine
Starting to think it was a sucker's move to get them

Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:15 am

I sent an email to support about this very thing around 10 days ago, stating there was definitely an issue to not see a single effect in over 70 invasions since the items were released.

Quote:
Galaxy Legion Support
Mar 19 (10 days ago)

to me
Hi,

We're checking into that. There does appear to be an issue with the frequency of triggers there.

Also, to Pitch Ninja; Your's is actually the 4th such event where i've seen someone get Planetary Rings from an invasion since the Psycubes were introduced.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:16 am

For what it's worth, I did not buy the psycubes, but I was a governor when I invaded a planet that spawned rings. I've also had a couple of minor events from invading. I'm still holding on to the belief that the psycubes were a wasted purchase. For the amount of money they require, the owner should see the affect a LOT more often (75% at the very least)

Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:55 am

eternalpaw wrote:
For what it's worth, I did not buy the psycubes, but I was a governor when I invaded a planet that spawned rings. I've also had a couple of minor events from invading. I'm still holding on to the belief that the psycubes were a wasted purchase. For the amount of money they require, the owner should see the affect a LOT more often (75% at the very least)

huh, so rings can spawn without having the cubes then? Interesting. If that's the case, then you are right, the cubes are useless.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:00 pm

eternalpaw wrote:
For what it's worth, I did not buy the psycubes, but I was a governor when I invaded a planet that spawned rings.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the the "Analyze Available" that you get, and not the Rings themselves? I'm inclined to say that the Planet already had Rings.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:42 pm

ActualFate wrote:
eternalpaw wrote:
For what it's worth, I did not buy the psycubes, but I was a governor when I invaded a planet that spawned rings.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the the "Analyze Available" that you get, and not the Rings themselves? I'm inclined to say that the Planet already had Rings.

The "Analyse Available", to whit you refer is what appears when you already own the planet, and you get the message that a strange reading has been detected on a planet and that an analyse is available.

What's being discussed here is what happens during invasions, and if you look at the screenshot that's been provided in this thread, before questioning what happened, you can see the event that happens actually causes a red box message to appear to the side(like what happens when a planetary event occurs when you colonize a planet or invade a planet).

You don't get red box alerts that tell you, *you got rings on a planet*, when using the "analyze" button. You get a message at the top of the planet box(in green), that reads, analyze successful, planetary rings appeared around your planet or somesuch.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:25 pm

kirkeastment wrote:

The "Analyse Available", to whit you refer is what appears when you already own the planet, and you get the message that a strange reading has been detected on a planet and that an analyse is available.

What's being discussed here is what happens during invasions, and if you look at the screenshot that's been provided in this thread, before questioning what happened, you can see the event that happens actually causes a red box message to appear to the side(like what happens when a planetary event occurs when you colonize a planet or invade a planet).

You don't get red box alerts that tell you, *you got rings on a planet*, when using the "analyze" button. You get a message at the top of the planet box(in green), that reads, analyze successful, planetary rings appeared around your planet or somesuch.

BINGO!

Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:52 pm

I was talking more specifically about eternalpaw's incident, but I'd confused myself with it anyway. Disregard.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:19 pm

Pitch Ninja wrote:
eternalpaw wrote:

huh, so rings can spawn without having the cubes then? Interesting. If that's the case, then you are right, the cubes are useless.

I've only had it happen once, but I was definitely happily surprised.

ActualFate wrote:
eternalpaw wrote:

Nope no analyze available. The rings occured similar to Pitch Ninjas invasion event. I don't think I've ever had a planet get the "Analyze Available" occurence unfortunately.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:28 pm

I have easily 50 to 80 invades since adding the cubes and have not had any permanent or semi-permanent effects on a single planet.

I would say the cubes must be at 0.01% instead of perhaps 10% or something.

Nothing should be that useless with such a high GP cost. It is highway robbery the way it is now.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:56 pm

Agreed for the price paid and to have zero effects since installation id like to somehow be compensated . a couple reality transfusers and/or quasi spatial expanders would suffice

Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:31 am

I figured out that I've done 105 invasions since then and haven't seen any events. Opened a ticket, will see what they say.

Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:19 pm

Quote:
Hi,

There was an issue with the frequency of events that were triggered from the module. This will be addressed in our next release this month. Have a good weekend!

-GL Support

Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:18 pm

Someone in legion got this one today.

Wed May 04, 2016 1:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next