View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 When will we have new technologies to research? 

I just researched the last one (Hyper Logistics). I hope we'll see a day when we'll have new technologies to continue the chain.

Can you imagine a day when everything that can be invented, has been invented? Me neither.

Selling research points to contracts will get old. I'd like to find new applications for research points.

Daily missioner, NPC'er.
Mylarai: enriches often.
Gives base spare energy before ranking, as able.
Mutually jocular drama favored.

Get MANY daily benefits & elites as an IMMINENT DARKIE TODAY!

Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:41 am
Profile WWW

We're still waiting on Dan to finish the new CT lab artis which will offer a new use for RP, however when it comes to the research trees there isn't really much else to add to it, most of the top tier modules are more than sufficient and further additions to them would be pointless. A new chain could be added which could include new modules or structures but I seriously doubt it would be implemented. Also considering selling RP is a very effective way of making credits to cover higher invasion costs with rank it's not going to get old IMO.

Whilst true a new chain with new technologies would be interesting I'd rather see Dan put effort into the Ravyn chain, a new mission chain down the line and new npcs both exclusively for high ranks and some for all ranks.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:17 am

i disagree..i think the RIGHT additions might bring back some level of relevance to the reseachable mods....example add to the weapons that they take up less space and give an additional 1% each to attack...id be down for that

or planterary structures go up to 15's, which only take up 1 more space than 12's...who wouldnt pop those pups on planets....

etc etc etc

or a research wheel of fortune of some type....loads of ideas....

AS is, no /few new players want the "top" end modules, they cost more, give less bang for space and make your cap go up...seems like a big strike out for even having...give them hard earned and harder to get to relevance and voila...more flava....plus the lsb would again gain a niche rather than being a floating dinosaur of the land before ssb time....

imho

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:56 am

With 4 Havoc Coils to go until my weapon mods are maxed at 100% bonus, I kind of personally hope that we don't ever get more technologies to research. I'd much rather see new CT Lab and maybe badge items first. And, you know, that old 'new NPCs for higher ranks' issue...

Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:07 pm

comaface wrote:
With 4 Havoc Coils to go until my weapon mods are maxed at 100% bonus, I kind of personally hope that we don't ever get more technologies to research. I'd much rather see new CT Lab and maybe badge items first. And, you know, that old 'new NPCs for higher ranks' issue...

My point exactly. With the cost of recent allies we need our Research points to fund our ships.

Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:35 pm

Answer: Probably never.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]