View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 harassment 

So if somebody is harassing me in the game , then finds me on fb and starts harassing me there, what recourse do i have ?

Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:32 pm

report it in game and if its really bad ,report it to FB, I doubt FB will do much though, since it used to happen with the mafia games and the people weren't banned or anything, not like you can ban people from FB. You also have the option to block people sending you PM on FB and in game, so you can do that. Person might get banned in-game, or comms blocked, who knows. Doubt FB will do anything.
Report it to their legion and if hes on any planet trading pages, put it out there so no one trades with this sad soul.

I like to send weird comms to ppl, but never have i harassed someone in RL, thats just a really low thing to do...
Either he's High on something or just a sad human being, to take a game so serious that it moves from GL to FB.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:47 pm

Well, one option would be to look the other way and be a man. Maybe smack him around a bit ,start a good 'ole war.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Thanks gink and to be honest its your leader icarium. Ive done my best to ignore him but now hes talking #&$# on fb .
Look idc about being attacked. Idc about the witty banter. What i do care about is the constant harassment everyday , with insulting remarks, zeroing, and threats to my legion. Relentlessly harassing me with the intention to ruin the game so much for me that his goal is to make me quit. And then the same idiot decides its a good idea to find me on fb ? Wasnt cool to begin with now his antics are going to get personal and im really not cool with that.
Icarium , last chance. Leave me alone dude. You will lose

Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:05 pm

This is why PvP got so boring. Fight back. You have like 40k energy, right? No ship in the entire game takes that much energy to kill. Get your team mates in on the hunt, make a war, get dirty. For goodness sake, just FIGHT!

Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:08 pm

Don't like what people says in comms , block them.
Don't like what they say in FB, unfriend them, block them.
Don't like what they do in the game , KILL EM, target there base, planets etc.

Passive is a as passive does.

personally i'd go with Kill EM in the game

Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:17 pm

Alpharik wrote:
This is why PvP got so boring. Fight back. You have like 40k energy, right? No ship in the entire game takes that much energy to kill. Get your team mates in on the hunt, make a war, get dirty. For goodness sake, just FIGHT!

Sigh anybody thats knows my legion knows they arent fighters like that. Im not goin to embroil them in a war that would leave a bad taste in their mouth. Im all about encouraging ppl to play the game , not make playing it so stressful they quit.
As for me not counterattacking him, im not going to give him a direct link to my ship for 2 days where he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants. Not gonna do it.
Lastly, im cool with normal attacks . this is harassment pure and simple. I refuse to turn my game experience from normal activity into being all about this p.o.s. i like npc hunting. Missioning. Scanning planets. Occasional badge runs. Im not competitive and have no desire to be the best. I just like the game. I dont want the limited time i have ingame to be about rebuking insults and jabs from insecure azzhole trolls . i dont want him farming my legion to the point they quit the game entirely. In my view , thats the worst offense. With the dwindling player base we need to make sure ppl dont quit. If GL dies it will be due in large part to the actions of undesirables like this

Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:22 pm

detregets wrote:
Thanks gink and to be honest its your leader icarium.

We'll that's awkward,
But i get where you're coming from in your last post and everything you've said, your playstyle and logic seems a lot similar to mines, so can't fault it there. I do have to say the games a much better place with people like icarium and him, in it, makes it a lot more fun and for some competitive people meaningful. I could honestly say the game would be worse without him. I'll leave it there, for obvious reasons.

I don't know much about this really, but you seems like a cool enough dude detregets. Got nothing against you and wish you the best of luck.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:58 pm

GINK51 wrote:
detregets wrote:

We'll that's awkward,
But i get where you're coming from in your last post and everything you've said, your playstyle and logic seems a lot similar to mines, so can't fault it there. I do have to say the games a much better place with people like icarium and him, in it, makes it a lot more fun and for some competitive people meaningful. I could honestly say the game would be worse without him. I'll leave it there, for obvious reasons.

I don't know much about this really, but you seems like a cool enough dude detregets. Got nothing against you and wish you the best of luck.

Be warned hes trying to get your legion involved in wars for the sake of the chaos it creates. Thats all fine and good for those that are willing, but i am not. He would be better served harassing those that welcome it.
Try FU or somebody like that im sure theyd be thrilled.
Besides the man crossed the line when he started taunting me on fb. That is inexcusable

Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:06 pm

temporarily join a legion full of war mongers and start a war

Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:43 pm

detregets wrote:
GINK51 wrote:
detregets wrote:

We'll that's awkward,

Be warned hes trying to get your legion involved in wars for the sake of the chaos it creates. Thats all fine and good for those that are willing, but i am not. He would be better served harassing those that welcome it.
Try FU or somebody like that im sure theyd be thrilled.
Besides the man crossed the line when he started taunting me on fb. That is inexcusable

Ok, so you're not willing to fight, but what he did was inexcusable. Does that mean you're going to fight?

Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:49 pm

The time may come when i have no course of action left. Whether i do so or not is no business of a banned player. Havent i always ( well usually ) tried to treat other players with respect and dignity ? For instance when you killed PA i didnt join the hate alpharik bandwagon. Maybe i should have. Was it you that gave him my rl name ? Smh . i just want to go back to playin the game on my terms not anybody else's.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:53 pm

detregets wrote:
The time may come when i have no course of action left. Whether i do so or not is no business of a banned player. Havent i always ( well usually ) tried to treat other players with respect and dignity ? For instance when you killed PA i didnt join the hate alpharik bandwagon. Maybe i should have. Was it you that gave him my rl name ? Smh . i just want to go back to playin the game on my terms not anybody else's.

You posted it on a forum that i'm a part of, so whether I'm banned from the game or not, I can make it my business to comment on your post.
No, actually, I didn't give him your name, and by this point, I'd be surprised if any of the active long term players don't already know it.
Playing on the terms you play on is what gets you farmed. Fight back, you might be surprised at how fun a little competitiveness can be!

BRING BACK PvP! Join the Pro-PvP club today!!

Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:33 pm

Pvp isnt dead. Its well mannered. You havent been around since the beginning. You dont know what it was like, the stress, the flame wars, the loss of players.
Im not going to be the one to champion the cause ,
And i refuse to be the one to bring that all back. Im not his pawn to manipulate. If he continues his behavior its his own fault what happens to him

Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:54 pm

detregets wrote:
Pvp isnt dead. Its well mannered. You havent been around since the beginning. You dont know what it was like, the stress, the flame wars, the loss of players.
Im not going to be the one to champion the cause ,
And i refuse to be the one to bring that all back. Im not his pawn to manipulate. If he continues his behavior its his own fault what happens to him

If you say so. I thought I was well aware of the flaming and what not. All this "well manneres" stuff is bogus, it's just there to keep all the scared players safe. "OMG did you just hit me twice in 12 hours? Right that's it, ima cry for 10 days about it". Gimme a break. If people quit because of a little PvP, they should not play games that have the PvP element.

Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:15 am

Says the guy that is currently banned for inapropriate behavior.
Galaxy Legion is more than pvp. Missions , npcs, planets , bases . some ppl play for the missions. Some play for pvp. There is no wrong way to play. There is , however , a limit to what trolls should be allowed to do. Targeting players that have no desire to war , zeroing them for that reason , and relentlessly taunting and insulting them to goad them into action is not fair play . i dont care who is stronger than i am . theres always somebody stronger. He wants war , then he can find someone else willing to war on him . thats just not how i play and no one is goung to force me down that path

Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:45 am

So, sounds like crap issue. And by that i mean crappy that it flows over into realer life. In game, being a jerk is legal.

On facebook i belive you can go into personal settings and prevent messages and posts from non-friends. Double check me.

In game, different issue. You certainly can counter harrass, depends mental energy i think more than game energy. This oft used and old argument is somewhat true and somewhat trite to me. Like in real life, some people like getting slapped and it wont discourage them in the least--some it works on.

War mongering legions...hmmm...PA would be good....maybe IC..? Not a lot of high pvp "war" teams out there. Individuals yes, whole legions no. And its pointless/weak/whatever you wanna call it to leave your legion to seek refuge (not saying green has done this, speaking in general for anyone). Another approach is just to halc up for a couple of days, let the annoyance of it set in on your attacker(s) and they will lose interest.

Everyone has a couple of KoS ships im sure--but long term enemies are part of things too. Hope it works out in a more constructive way...im sure you have tried private discussion, but if not, Most people (not all for sure) are open to some level of armistice based on personal discussion.

Fly safe

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:53 am

Thanks juice
I have no idea why he has fixated on me, i hadnt attacked him or attempted a planet theft. My legion isnt strong enough to take down his base so we havent tried, and normally im polite in the comms. Not sure what his problem is and i dont really care. Gonna stay disabled awhile and see what happens

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:55 am

Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:33 pm

You should lock the Icarium's Fate base. Show them what a group of 'wimps' they actually are as compared to the Children of Gods. Even better, fight it without BPs. Show your manliness. ;)

Teehee.
Good idea huh?

Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next