View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Player blocked preventing removing guards from a planet 

So apparently glitch it seems.
During the course of removing players from a planet to invade it, one of them happened to be online and blocked me.
Now as a result I'm unable to use target ship button to do any attacks on his ship to remove him from the planet.
I have attempted to use target ship button but each time it returns the message
"This player has been blocked and cannot be targeted."

This is a regular planet but this could be a major issue if the same issue happens of planets such as exotica

Also it seems now that a calming amp or halcyon trap effect on a player is preventing artifact usage even if they are guarding a planet as well

Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:50 am

it's a feature, not a bug.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:18 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:

You got that on good authority? Because if it's working how it's intended to work, then how it's intended to work is seriously screwed up and potentially game-breaking.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:16 pm

comaface wrote:
senatorhung wrote:

You got that on good authority? Because if it's working how it's intended to work, then how it's intended to work is seriously screwed up and potentially game-breaking.

agreed. simple fact is dan doesn't play from the same position most normal players do and so the idea of people exploiting it to hold exotica/other planets didn't occur to him as he doesn't go after enemy planets or exotica. Its a area that must be fixed.

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:32 pm

this is NOT an invulnerability issue as the halced guards were before that got resolved. if you block someone or are blocked by them .. you will not be able to target each other as planet guards. that does not stop any other legion mates from targeting them ... unless they also join the block list. but each ship can only block 5 ... so teamwork and strategy can alleviate any issues.

i have 3 of the hardest hitting PA ships on my block list. i have been blocked by half a dozen other PA ships. the smart play is to make sure there is always one heavy hitter who is NOT blocked by me ... and who has NOT blocked me in turn ... to make sure i do not have free license with any PA planet that i might scan and take. PA can keep doing what it always does. they just have to plan ahead and make sure they take turns feeding, and try to rotate between targets to make sure no one becomes invulnerable by default.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:01 pm
Profile WWW

Blocks do expire :)

Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:57 pm

Redneck_King_of_Funk wrote:

I would love to find out if you are the number 1 blocked player right now :D :D

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:11 pm

that would be a cool stat...have a leaderboard tab for most blocks!

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:13 pm

UKenterprise wrote:
Redneck_King_of_Funk wrote:

I would love to find out if you are the number 1 blocked player right now :D :D

Doubtful. Only know of three that have me blocked.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:49 pm

Quote:
Because if it's working how it's intended to work, then how it's intended to work is seriously screwed up and potentially game-breaking.

This.

Quote:
simple fact is dan doesn't play from the same position most normal players do

And this. I would take this a step further and say Dan is out of touch with the average player's perspective in this game.

Quote:
i have 3 of the hardest hitting PA ships on my block list. i have been blocked by half a dozen other PA ships. the smart play is to make sure there is always one heavy hitter who is NOT blocked by me ... and who has NOT blocked me in turn ... to make sure i do not have free license with any PA planet that i might scan and take. PA can keep doing what it always does. they just have to plan ahead and make sure they take turns feeding, and try to rotate between targets to make sure no one becomes invulnerable by default.

There is certainly a plan and I can assure you we all have our calendars marked. I doubt this is news to you and I'm sure you're expecting as much.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:35 am

The blocks do expire and i have visited 2 of the three that blocked me :)

Im pretty positive i can work within the confines of this format.

Nice to see both of ya!

Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:23 pm

Strongly agreed that this needs to be changed.

It wouldn't be an issue if there were like 100,000+ monthly users and 1,000+ super tough, highly active, and aggressive ships in the game... but from a pure numbers perspective, expecting people to work around this through "teamwork and strategy" when there are (generously) only 50 or so ships in the entire game that fit that bill, it's pretty unreasonabe. I mean, it's a nice idea, but your legionmates aren't going to change their playstyle, risk losing their halcs, etc... just because the toughest 2 ships in your legion are blocked by players who are parked on such-and-such planet.

In a perfect world, where there were tons more players and it were possible to kill active/online players without resorting to spam + blitz, this would be a non-issue, but considering the reality of the game as it stands right now, it definitely has game-breaking frustration potential.

Furthermore, what happens in case of planet theft between blocked players? You block somebody, they come by a week later and steal a nice planet, the best you can hope for is that you are able to alert said planet so your legionmates can knock that player off and steal it back? I don't even want to imagine the rage-whining/quitting that is gonna result from that.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:32 pm

You could always report the player for exploiting the blocking feature.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:48 pm

i say it adds intrigue...i doubt this issue will actually come up a lot..and if it does..oh well...not a perfect game now as is...

in real life injunctions happens, court orders, complications...just look at it as another facet that applies equally to all parties...

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]