View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Alarona 

Redneck_King_of_Funk wrote:
Who drinks tea in Gina?

I doubted your ability to disable her.

My original point is that if she was an easy disable, there would be no complaints but since she has a tough ship its headline news :p

no the people of low rank would still feel cheated by a game that they have spent money on, a rank 29 , now 34 disabled, no i cant disable anymore, she has blocked me, how many kills does it take to do that?

Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:16 am

if a rank 29 killer her it was either due to
a) multiple people hitting and the 29 got the lucky hit
b) spam from hell and finally got the lucky hit

I'm no nostradumus but rank 29 aint killing no one without major help

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:31 am

KoBoar wrote:
it ended because cheaters crashed the mainframe using bots, hope fb and gl have better equipment

What the hell are you on? There is no mainframe, and it has nothing to do with Facebook.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:48 am

He was blabbering about being # 4 in the world on another game that went to poo .

Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:45 pm

Now i'm being hunted for harboring a fugitive ......oh wait is it against tos to harbor someone who Dan hasn't booted from the game?????? and second question is a glitch against tos if said glitch has been known about for months and developer hasn't fixed it???? Honestly using glitches like these has never been my style but who is getting hurt exactly by someone finishing their hull tests in an easy fashion? hmmm lets see multiple ships get killed once and hull tested is their game playing ability ruined forever? For crapssake FUNK kills me every friggen day and i don't say a word no big deal i'm still alive and still playing. Hey Koboar get a life dude its a game!

Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:02 am

i only see extra lives in mario brothers....i come here to take lives!!!!!!

AND cloak....and cloak some more....and break walls... and cloak

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:36 am

galaxis wrote:
Now i'm being hunted for harboring a fugitive ......oh wait is it against tos to harbor someone who Dan hasn't booted from the game?????? and second question is a glitch against tos if said glitch has been known about for months and developer hasn't fixed it???? Honestly using glitches like these has never been my style but who is getting hurt exactly by someone finishing their hull tests in an easy fashion? hmmm lets see multiple ships get killed once and hull tested is their game playing ability ruined forever? For crapssake FUNK kills me every friggen day and i don't say a word no big deal i'm still alive and still playing. Hey Koboar get a life dude its a game!

Hey, it is just a game. Don't feel bad because you are getting beat for harboring a cheat. It's just a game.

So saying that since there is a glitch that can't be fixed, and is thus a TOS violation, it should be legally exploitable is the equivalent of saying that since bank robbery can't be stopped it should be OK and thus legal. With that kind of logic why even bother with a Terms Of Service agreement? I mean if nobody is getting hurt then it is OK, right?

Except people are getting hurt. Very low ranked players are told that people at the top, those with high ranks, can't disable you cause they can't even see you. You would have to be alerted for that to happen. And can't be alerted unless you attack someone. Or hack them. So play the game and don't be an asshat and you probably won't get alerted. Have fun we tell them.

And then along comes a high ranked asshat who uses a exploit to kill nothing but low ranked players just so they can finish some mission. If you were a low ranked player new to this game you'd feel like "WTF? I was told that couldn't happen."

The fallout of this is that no legion will ever have open enrollment again. Alarona will never be allowed into our legion again. In fact we are now leery about letting anyone in. And that sucks because now we can't be open and inviting. And that hurts the game. And when the game is hurt then we are all hurt.

Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:35 am

^ Damn. That's a perfect take on the situation.

(FYI, the issue can be fixed. Easily. Dan just chooses not to fix it.)

Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:20 am

<<< For crapssake FUNK kills me every friggen day and i don't say a word no big deal i'm still alive and still playing. Hey Koboar get a life dude its a game!>>>>

Don't flatter yourself. You are not the only one with this problem.

I think you people think to much, whine to much and play to little. If the new people are THAT twisted about getting beat, they probably shouldnt play a PVP game and lately, most rank 27s that WHINE about disables are generally resets who got tired of getting spanked in the higher ranks and are re emerging as a slow rank SSB.

Shuddup already!

<<<The fallout of this is that no legion will ever have open enrollment again. Alarona will never be allowed into our legion again. In fact we are now leery about letting anyone in. And that sucks because now we can't be open and inviting. And that hurts the game. And when the game is hurt then we are all hurt.>>>>>

Eyeroll

Last edited by Redneck_King_of_Funk on Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:08 pm

Also... who's Gina? I have some questions about her waist size and general availability

Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:25 pm

I feel for you, how odd that this happened, oh right I tried to warn everyone there but some didn't want to listen. If you would have listened I would have said, she owes them an apology, in the very least. Then maybe she should send a leader of each legion some CTP to give everyone in legion something to make up for what she did. Which btw someone else suggested to me, I had another idea, but again I didn't know what I was talking about.

So I say again good luck, and fly safe, I just not much of a war monger.

MT out

Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:19 pm

I just wanted to post this somewhere.

Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:34 pm

i think a meme picture war is happinin..

top 3 fighters...

persephone
arc light
mercaster...

GO!!!!

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:03 pm

For the record, Alarona is a woman.

Like Funk said, people will only complain about her because she has a monstrous ship.
And people will defend her to the death if she is in their legion because she is a rather good teammate to have beyond the simple fact that she raises the average strength in the legion by a significant amount.

All in all she is a very pleasant person.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:31 pm

Tree7304 wrote:
For the record, Alarona is a woman.

Like Funk said, people will only complain about her because she has a monstrous ship.
And people will defend her to the death if she is in their legion because she is a rather good teammate to have beyond the simple fact that she raises the average strength in the legion by a significant amount.

All in all she is a very pleasant person.

I agree. She's lovely.

Which makes me wonder why the hell she'd abuse something like this.

Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:06 am

Just got word she was kicked by Dan.....sad to see it she is a really nice lady if you knew her, she and I were legionmates at H1 afew years ago as I understand it from her she had been away form game over 6 months and just got back into it and wanted to complete her hull tests to get a running start. She says she remembers others doing this method to finish quickly and at that time no one got into trouble for it....obviously things have changed so how about dan get off his lazy butt and fix this glitch so no one else gets harmed no matter what side of this debate your on. :(

Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:21 am

galaxis wrote:
at that time no one got into trouble for it.

The reason other people haven't been punished for it is because Dan doesn't care enough to try and catch people, and they've obviously done it sparsely enough so as to not raise suspicion. If you get caught (via reports) then you deserve the ban.

Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:30 am

gotta say i don't see much difference in using a glitch or your legion lowranks to alert ships on their bt to be farmed by legions high ranks as a couple legions in the galaxy do on a regular basis.

Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:36 am

galaxis wrote:
gotta say i don't see much difference in using a glitch or your legion lowranks to alert ships on their bt to be farmed by legions high ranks as a couple legions in the galaxy do on a regular basis.
The terms of service clearly state that the following is a violation:

Use or exploit errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain materials or access that would otherwise not be possible or available.

Alerts are time-gated for a reason. Alarona gained access for far more ships that would've been possible via alerts. Just what part of that is so hard for you to understand?

Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:38 am

lol mechanism is different but the result is the same low rank ships getting killed by high rank ships just a little more slowly....and if dan really cared he would fix the glitch

Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next