View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Banned 

Quote ~ ''half of wild hunt 2 years ago had reported me plus many other people for having a magical account that pretty much solo'd there base and magically had other accounts that i have no idea i even had.''

-Fact checking in operation-

Having been a member of the TWH since its inception I can confirm that this allegation is untrue, it is fake news. These are nothing more than paranoid ramblings.

Also I was unaware that the developer supplied details of who and how many people reported a person to them, maybe that's because he doesn't...

Mon May 22, 2017 11:12 am
Profile WWW

sclaaaaarb wrote:
Dan has nothing and no way to automatically check. He solely goes on reports from others(Generally coming from Funk and PA, but hey Negron and Bonny were totes legit).

Rubbish.

Provided you have relevant information on how an exploit is carried out, it's pretty damn trivial to parse HTTP access logs looking for specific patterns.

Sat May 27, 2017 8:25 am

Kropotkin wrote:
Provided you have relevant information on how an exploit is carried out, it's pretty damn trivial to parse HTTP access logs looking for specific patterns.

The problem is that the developers seem to take a retroactive approach to stopping cheaters. Rather than prevent people from using exploits in the first place, they would rather wait until a player uses said exploit before taking action, which will still negatively impact other players. It really does not make sense to me.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:20 am

Wow...

I have been playing, for over 6 years, and hear ALL the complaining about players getting banned..
If you violate the ToS, It's your Own fault..
As far as the EoTS legion and base are concerned.. That base was built by Players who actually contributed to their legion.
A Lot of players weren't worried about ranking too fast, and wanted to see what the size limit for bases, was set at.
Seems like the ones who complain, are the ones who "Think", they can cheat, get away with it, and deserve to play without rules..
And Changing your name, Does Not, Change Who You Really Are.....

See.. I can babble about nothing too :P :P :P :P

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:06 pm

Guide wrote:
Kropotkin wrote:

The problem is that the developers seem to take a retroactive approach to stopping cheaters. Rather than prevent people from using exploits in the first place, they would rather wait until a player uses said exploit before taking action, which will still negatively impact other players. It really does not make sense to me.

Yes, because I'm sure Dan deliberately writes flawed code for the express purpose of encouraging players to cheat, then bans them when they do. :roll:

Or do you think it's more likely that Dan isn't at first aware of the existence of such exploits until someone abuses/reports it, then takes action once he becomes aware?

My point is - you need to actually know something is broken before you can fix it. No-one writes perfect code 100% of the time and even with peer review, bugs can and have gone undiscovered for years. That's why there's an entire field in the software industry of folk dedicated to finding exploitable code and patching it - and they still don't find them all.

Furthermore - just because exploitable glitches exist, no one is forcing players to abuse them. You have a choice: either abuse or report. And if you choose to abuse, you deserve the consequences when you are caught.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:56 pm

That's too bad. Players should know the reasons why they got banned and bans should be temporary in my opinion (like 1-3 months and then you can come back). People spend serious $$$$ money on their GL accounts (literally 4 figures). I can't imagine what it would feel like to lose all of that in an instant.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:54 pm

Super-Saiyan2015 wrote:
That's too bad. Players should know the reasons why they got banned and bans should be temporary in my opinion (like 1-3 months and then you can come back). People spend serious $$$$ money on their GL accounts (literally 4 figures). I can't imagine what it would feel like to lose all of that in an instant.

Imagine what it feels like to spend serious money, and time, and effort - in order to complete with players who simply cheat instead. No sympathy here, sorry.

Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:39 pm

I think cheating should be legal, if everyone cheated, it would be as fair as it is right now.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:56 pm

The Ban Hammer has removed 2 key leaders in legions/alliances I've been part of and I feel the pain of their loss. That said, the way Dan wields the Ban Hammer is one of the main reasons GL has lasted as long as it has. I've seen plenty of other games where exploits made things so lopsided that nearly all the player base left in disgust. Other games have been wrecked by features the developers introduced. Maintaining balance isn't easy.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:41 pm

ANIMAL!!!!!!!

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:29 am

Bye bye cheaters :mrgreen:

Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2