View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Perpetual Hyperturbine 

Kevin9809 wrote:
Dan "intended" this exact thing to happen in this scenario? Knowing the GL track record, this scenario was probably not even taken into account during development and implementation. With that being said, I am not sure if it is easy to code a fix for this or not. The best solution currently is to remain aware of this potential issue and delete one of the extra non-upgraded turbines.

well, i can grant that Dan likely never took invasions into account, but everything else is working as intended.

1. the arti description clearly states that only one turbine can be built on a planet when there are any non.upgraded ones. so there is some kind of flag for the existence of non.upgraded turbines on planets to prevent you from building a 2d one. i'll assume the flag is set for the planet.

2. when you finish a daily mission that flag will designate which planet has the turbine which will get upgraded. however, there is apparently a secondary check that counts the NUMBER of planets with that flag set and forces the upgrade to whiff instead (hence my speculation about targeting scripters). otherwise, the code presumably would have just upgraded the turbine on the first planet flag it encountered .. but it doesn't do that .. hence my assumption that this upgrade BEHAVIOUR is specifically INTENDED (not that Dan intended invaded planets to cause this issue vs scripters).

3. yes, remaining aware is my recommendation for 'thinking' players.
(1) if your target invasion has a non.fully upgraded turbine and is an ACTIVE player .. wait for them to finish upgrading before invading. or invade and trash the turbine on the worst producer (your original - which you should be tracking - or the new invasion).
(2) if it is an INACTIVE owner with a non.fully upgraded turbine .. there's no rush and you can hold off on that invasion until you have finished your existing non.fully upgraded turbine.

easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2