View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 bots??? 

Ive been noticing a few players when hit while im attacking have multiple KV's tripped in succession-

that's me fast clicking as fast as i can to kill them - and BANG BANG BANG hit 3 or 4 or even 5 KV traps in succession

#1 they have to get notification before placing a new trap on - how does one ADD a new trap before he gets notification That ive hit them - remember im fast clicking as fast as my finger can go
#2 how does one even beat me fast clicking ...lol - i mean i can see trip hit.trip hit....but not trip,trip trip,trip
ocassionally im going to get a hit in

and if you clicking a little bit faster than me - you can't add a KV while you have one on- so occasionally i have to get one in (because we are not quite in sync with each other)

just something to ponder here - anyone noticing a few ships like that???

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:22 pm

XavZepherio wrote:
Ive been noticing a few players when hit while im attacking have multiple KV's tripped in succession-

that's me fast clicking as fast as i can to kill them - and BANG BANG BANG hit 3 or 4 or even 5 KV traps in succession

#1 they have to get notification before placing a new trap on - how does one ADD a new trap before he gets notification That ive hit them - remember im fast clicking as fast as my finger can go
#2 how does one even beat me fast clicking ...lol - i mean i can see trip hit.trip hit....but not trip,trip trip,trip
ocassionally im going to get a hit in

and if you clicking a little bit faster than me - you can't add a KV while you have one on- so occasionally i have to get one in (because we are not quite in sync with each other)

just something to ponder here - anyone noticing a few ships like that???

Your wrong at the end there. If someone is clicking faster than you there will be no point at which they dont get a click on set trap in the time between your clicks. So it will go trip trip trip trip if each shot when the trap is set sets it off.

Imagine a clock. every 5 seconds you click, every 4 seconds I do. it goes 4 (me) 5( you) 8 (me) 10 (you) 12 (me) 15 (you) 16 (me) 20 (you) (20 me) at this point the paqttern repeats
You wont get two consecutive hits in. So if your going slower than someone and they are spamming krios you will always be hitting when they have a krio set.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:27 pm

depends on how much we are out of sync

tripped)(tripped****)(tripped****)(trap*******)(tripped****)
(hit--------)(hit--------)(hit--------)(hit--------)- so ya i can beat someone occasionally

you right about some of the timing tho

remember you cannot add a KV that's not tripped - and there are time delays in the messaging(computer timing -due to wires and data transmission)
from a programmers view - occasionally you may get 3,4or 5 in a row from a player - but not every time - because of the way the net/computers and programming are (delays/timing)
i seen a few ship which clearly are consistant super fast - without notification

bang bang bang bang - 4 traps hit - they may even be unaware they are even hit yet - because GL may not have updated their screen yet
ie not ---- Tripped - get msg -- spam ,spam,spam,spam
which would lead to bam,clear,bam,bam,bam

may even be hitting someone (pvp themselves and are getting damage from geminis or other ship) - and may not notice damage right away

what im saying its not unheard that there are possible bots or autoclickers programs/cheats out there
dan has already been given heads up on one GL cheat app already - they are against TOS

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:06 pm

If you are under attack, you can spam KVTs. The idea you need to wait for notifications is silly and just plain wrong.
You just click constantly and when it can be used, it is.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:36 pm

to know you are under attack you got a notification or seen damage ( and their will still be a delay to your reaction)
this would lead to bam ,clear,bam bam,bam
not 4 or 5 KV's in a row

it also possible to try and spam KV's before the first one is tripped - but that would mean you had seen damage(from me or another ship) or another trap hit and are spamming already

you maybe unaware that their is a software check to see if you can add a KV - send to server - get data(data flag to see if a KV on) - can i - yes so add another trap (you just don't see the extra network traffic)- if you can't - you get a kv already on msg

it also possible to spam KV's none stop from the moment you start PVPing (autoclicker) - since they only use KV's if they are tripped - this is against TOS

i doubt anyone is using two hands one on one PC clicking/spamming KV's none stop while pvp'ng on another

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:05 pm

The issue here isn't that you're getting out spam clicked, it's the fact that subsequent KVTs trip immediately. This is a contributing factor in the online invincibility in PvP nowadays. Back in the day you could kill someone when they were online with strength, timing and guile. Not anymore with megahull, Geminis, and insta-trip KVTs.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:25 pm
Profile WWW

nahhh, the real issue here is the way some players think....
"i'm the greatest PvP player in GL and no one can kill my ship, even if I have to cheat and spam to make it so"

unfortunaly, theire is no easy fix for that.....

personaly I dont think I have bothered activading any traps on my ship the last 3+ years
or done repair spam for that matter

if someone starts to hit me while I'm online I usealy take a 5 min break, to give them a fair cance to eat through my hull.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:13 pm

What the hell lol
If I am online and I see my Krionus is set or I notice my shield is going down, Im going real fast and spam the Krionus trap to put more, yeah sometimes a player set 3-4 Krionus in a row.
There is no cheating only a player defending, of course if 100% of the time you attack that player at different time and its always like this, then it became suspicious.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:14 pm

XavZepherio wrote:
depends on how much we are out of sync

tripped)(tripped****)(tripped****)(trap*******)(tripped****)
(hit--------)(hit--------)(hit--------)(hit--------)- so ya i can beat someone occasionally

you right about some of the timing tho

remember you cannot add a KV that's not tripped - and there are time delays in the messaging(computer timing -due to wires and data transmission)
from a programmers view - occasionally you may get 3,4or 5 in a row from a player - but not every time - because of the way the net/computers and programming are (delays/timing)
i seen a few ship which clearly are consistant super fast - without notification

bang bang bang bang - 4 traps hit - they may even be unaware they are even hit yet - because GL may not have updated their screen yet
ie not ---- Tripped - get msg -- spam ,spam,spam,spam
which would lead to bam,clear,bam,bam,bam

may even be hitting someone (pvp themselves and are getting damage from geminis or other ship) - and may not notice damage right away

what im saying its not unheard that there are possible bots or autoclickers programs/cheats out there
dan has already been given heads up on one GL cheat app already - they are against TOS

Doesn't matter how out of sync you are. graphicly it goes

Defender
pppqpppqpppqpppqpppqpppqpppqpppqpppqpppq
ppppqppppqppppqppppqppppqppppqppppqppppq
Attacker^

P represents a unit of time waited, q a p where they have a click going through. So in this case the defender clicks once every 4, the attacker once every 5
No matter how out of sync you are if your slower you will never get two shots in a row. The only time you could would be if they lag so that at that point you are clicking quicker than them.

The point is, you while they cant add a non tripped kvt they can try to add one. So every defender click represents: If kvt has been tripped reset it, if kvt hasn't been reset fail, but that means theres still a kvt. At the end of either state there is a kvt set. So regardless, at the end of every pppq the defender has a kvt set. Either a new one, or the old one not having been tripped. hence, the attacker must get two shots in which the defender does not click between for them not to get hit by a second kvt on their second hit. But as you can see, if your clicking slower than they are you will not get two shots between which the defender has not clicked. You will always be hitting a trapped ship.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:58 pm

There are most-definitely people out there using some sort of auto-trap bot/script. Back when I actually cared/tried to PVP, it was painfully obvious when someone was doing it. Just note who did it and send in a ticket; it's all you can really do.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:17 am

some of the notable cheaters for this are already gone...with all the halcs and lack of pvp intent now, im kind of surprised anyone bothers to script a cheat for this..

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:35 am

actually there was recent cheater turf batch for a GL cheat - that was forwarded to dan a few months back
the app that was made.... made it way too attractive..... and people using it were turfed or still in the process of turfing

unlimited GP, HULL and shields were part of that cheat

look i make a note of kv's ive hit(and which players it happens on) im not complaining about hitting 4,5 or even 7(hell ive got more nulls than i can deal with) -
if i know its not common for that person to defend that good - thats fine - kudos on the defend - you can't do it consistantly
i might even get a hit between the KV's

what i was specifically was talking about is there are a few which are consistantly...bam,bam,bam,bam,bam...etc every time i see them

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:58 am

juiceman wrote:
some of the notable cheaters for this are already gone...with all the halcs and lack of pvp intent now, im kind of surprised anyone bothers to script a cheat for this..

Exactly Boss and from 2 or 3 legions specifically.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:09 am

XavZepherio wrote:
actually there was recent cheater turf batch for a GL cheat - that was forwarded to dan a few months back
the app that was made.... made it way too attractive..... and people using it were turfed or still in the process of turfing

unlimited GP, HULL and shields were part of that cheat

look i make a note of kv's ive hit(and which players it happens on) im not complaining about hitting 4,5 or even 7(hell ive got more nulls than i can deal with) -
if i know its not common for that person to defend that good - thats fine - kudos on the defend - you can't do it consistantly
i might even get a hit between the KV's

what i was specifically was talking about is there are a few which are consistantly...bam,bam,bam,bam,bam...etc every time i see them

I dont get why you think if you hit 7 kvts in one attack on a person and keep attacking your not going to hit 8 9 10... into infinity If you actualy start getting them to the dangerous zone they can repair after all, meaning you'll be hitting kvts constantly and never actualy kill them.

If you can show they are constantly defedning over a long period of time, then you have cause for concern. But tbh, it sounds an aweful lot like your whining about people on your bt (so explicityly not dead) being online. Thats just pvp, move on to the next one, be greatfull at least that online player reset his KVT rather than simply using repair nanos so you waste far more time hitting thinking their offline but cannot get a kill. Tbh all in all unless a players ship is arse theres very little reason to kill rather than jam attuner hack for reds.

Stark Tech Inside

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:09 am

1. yes i do move on
2. there are plenty of target to hits so it's no matter
3. the point is to get rid of cheaters and not coddle or ignore them
4. no im not whining im defending my point - quit enabling cheaters - Take note tell dan - he can monitor and see if they are- simple
5. ive seen plenty of games ruined due to cheaters - and ignoring the issue isn't going to help - only make it worse

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:31 pm

XavZepherio wrote:
1. yes i do move on
4. no im not whining im defending my point - quit enabling cheaters - Take note tell dan - he can monitor and see if they are- simple
5. ive seen plenty of games ruined due to cheaters - and ignoring the issue isn't going to help - only make it worse

if you suspect someone of cheating .. note the details and send in a report (i've done it .. and seen results). if you don't send details and just kvetch on the forum, that's pointless. especially, in this case, where there is NO evidence of cheating.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:34 am
Profile WWW

XavZepherio wrote:
1. yes i do move on

to me it sounds like whining about online players making killsruns harder from somoene who doesn't pvp very much (at least, less than me and the many others who have contributed to this thread inc killsboarders) that defending players can spam click kvts. Uness the attack goes: KVT KVT KVT KVT rather than KVT (no kvt for from 1 hits upwards) KVT KVT KVT KVT ect theres nothing even remotely suspect imo, and even then you need to be clicking fast (sub 1 second) to realy be certain, and even then consider they might be allready defending against another attacker so while they seem to respond to your first hit at superhuman speeds they are actualy just spamming kvts from before you even hit them due to another attacker. They are online, see the first notification of being attacked, go and start spamming kvts. Be greatfull your hitting a virus spammer rather than a repair troll. With a virus spammer you know their online and can come back later, with a repair troll you'll waste time and energy hitting a ship that wont go down because its being repaired, which you dont know because you dont get a notification of it.

Besides, as juiceman said. How many players are going to be bothered enough or stupid enough to have a cheat running for defensive pvp. Being killed doesn't realy matter and all it will realy achieve is keep them from having additions to their death stat at the risk of detection and banning. I cant realy see the incentive there. I can see the incentive for unscrupulous charecters to cheat to get extra resources, but to avoid pvp deatshs, are there people realy bothered enough that they are likely to risk it, and on the kind of scale your complaing about where its not just one its a multitude of cheaters doing it. That seems very unlikely tbh.

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]