View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Spice must flow medal broken! 

Mythra should email support. That would be lame if we need 3 separate stacks.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:38 pm

It makes sense after looking at it, but agreed.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:22 pm

The spices are no longer enhancing. It worked 20 hours ago and I write my timers downs and today it will not work at all.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:14 pm

Mine enhanced up to 90% a few hours ago.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:22 pm

I enhanced a 90% one this morning to full and am now at 2/3 medal progress. Just have another at 10% to enhance all the way to full now.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:50 pm

medal still not counting multiple spices hitting 100% at the same time as multiple progressions. Aka a lot of people going to miss out on the medal unless its fixed because the spices were broken early on and the medal wasn't clear as to what actualy needed to be done.

Stark Tech Inside

Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:48 pm

Pitch Ninja wrote:
I enhanced a 90% one this morning to full and am now at 2/3 medal progress. Just have another at 10% to enhance all the way to full now.

ditto .. 3 stacks for the win !

and no one is going to 'miss out' on the medal. unlike the trading medal, there is no time restriction on the spice medal, so folks can collect a couple stacks next year to finish.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:13 pm
Profile WWW

Got my medal yesterday. Glad that's over.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:16 pm

senatorhung wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:

and no one is going to 'miss out' on the medal. unlike the trading medal, there is no time restriction on the spice medal, so folks can collect a couple stacks next year to finish.

they will miss out on it for a year when they shouldn't because they have ample spices, they just COULDN'T make extra stacks until the event was nearly over, and because nobody had enhanced any to 100% during the event, which people would have done if the spices weren't broken, there was no info out there to say 'hey, actualy 3 stacks are needed, contary to what all the arrows with how spices are designed are pointing towards.' I think its absolutely absurd to suggest its a acceptable state of affairs that people will miss out on a medal they otherwise would have gotten simply because it took till the event was almost over for the only addition (aside from cookie cutter +X to size, +Y +Z to stats) to actually work as designed. 'well its fine it'll be there next year, even though you should have gotten it this year' is an attitude corrosive to the playerbase and peoples willingness to spend.

Stark Tech Inside

Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:34 pm

Peticks wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:

they will miss out on it for a year when they shouldn't because they have ample spices, they just COULDN'T make extra stacks until the event was nearly over, and because nobody had enhanced any to 100% during the event, which people would have done if the spices weren't broken, there was no info out there to say 'hey, actualy 3 stacks are needed, contary to what all the arrows with how spices are designed are pointing towards.' I think its absolutely absurd to suggest its a acceptable state of affairs that people will miss out on a medal they otherwise would have gotten simply because it took till the event was almost over for the only addition (aside from cookie cutter +X to size, +Y +Z to stats) to actually work as designed. 'well its fine it'll be there next year, even though you should have gotten it this year' is an attitude corrosive to the playerbase and peoples willingness to spend.

it's 10 medal points with no title or associated gameplay value (unlike Enveloping Villainy which will finally help me upgrade all those bane psybeacons !). its only long-term value is the medals leaderboard, and i don't hear folks complaining about the auric medals (none of which i have, also missing the very first chuhn trading medal which denies me the title 'The Dealer' so i can't play poker in GL) or GP-only medals. so people have to wait a bit to get the reward ... what ever happened to learning patience in grade school ?

i also was not happy with the way the spices were bugged right off the start, but as far as i know, everyone who sent in a ticket got Spice replacements after the fix. and the fact that we were wrong about our speculations for how to finish the medal ? that's on us, not Dan.

_____________Image

Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:33 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Peticks wrote:
senatorhung wrote:

it's 10 medal points with no title or associated gameplay value (unlike Enveloping Villainy which will finally help me upgrade all those bane psybeacons !). its only long-term value is the medals leaderboard, and i don't hear folks complaining about the auric medals (none of which i have, also missing the very first chuhn trading medal which denies me the title 'The Dealer' so i can't play poker in GL) or GP-only medals. so people have to wait a bit to get the reward ... what ever happened to learning patience in grade school ?

i also was not happy with the way the spices were bugged right off the start, but as far as i know, everyone who sent in a ticket got Spice replacements after the fix. and the fact that we were wrong about our speculations for how to finish the medal ? that's on us, not Dan.

Rubbish. If spices worked from the off someone would have gotten 3 rapidly. And they would then have proceeded to max the stack to get the medal. And when it turned out, hey, that didn't work, you need 3 stacks. There would still be a couple of weeks of the event left. Instead, spices only got fixed just before the event ended giving no time for anyone to max a stack before the end of the event. Had spices worked, the medal problem would have been known with half the event left. Because they didn't, It only was found out after the event ended. Not to mention. even if someone did decide they needed to make 3 stacks, they could not start on stack 2/3 untill the spices were fixed. So rather than 4 weeks they had less than 1 week.

As for 'oh its only X medal points, it doesn't matter.' You can say that it doesn't matter to you mate, matters to others unhappy at effectively ending up getting shafted because of the issue with the spices. Saying 'learn patience' is stupid, its not that they didn't do the work, its that they got screwed over when they did as a direct result of the broken spices. Its a simple fix to change the medal from max 3 stacks to max 3 spices, and I think its clear it should be done given its the glitchy mess that spices were programmed as thats the cause.

Stark Tech Inside

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:08 pm

Or, just change the medal to "Max-enhance 1 Spice" and the problem with this item/medal would be solved.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:36 pm

can dan please fix this... i have a stack of 3 at 100% and no way to get medal now

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Medal Awarded
The Spice Must Flow
Awarded:
Oct-31-17

_____________Image

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:33 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Medal Awarded
The Spice Must Flow
Awarded:
Oct-31-17

And ??? is it fix or you just claiming

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:19 pm

I got it on the 30th. The spices Dan sent to those that sent a report did not help at all if players are wondering since they were 100% already. You just need 3 separate stacks and make sure they all stay at different percentages.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:43 pm

blabla wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
Medal Awarded
The Spice Must Flow
Awarded:
Oct-31-17

And ??? is it fix or you just claiming

anyone who hasn't blocked me can see my ship medals via the link on the kills leaderboard

i had burned 1 spice before the fix. sent Dan a support request.

got another 1 in cargo at 0% before the fix but sat on it.

after the fix, i got 5 at 100% from Dan in response to the original support request.

upgraded the 1 i had in cargo to 10% to make sure it worked (and reported that back to Dan at his request)

found a 3rd spice after the fix and left it at 0% while i kept upgrading the 10% one up (was at around 40%).

near the end of the seasonal, when i had not found a 4th spice that i could use for medal progress, i sent another support request to Dan asking if there was any way to get a replacement 0% spice for the one that was dropped in the pre.fix black hole. he indicated that he could not send one at 0%, but 10% was possible .. so he sent me 5 at 10%.

i finished upgrading the 40% for 1 of 3 on the spice medal.

i finished upgrading the stack of 5 at 10% for 2 of 3 on the spice medal.

and then i finished upgrading the single at 0% for 3 of 3 on the spice medal.

_____________Image

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:06 pm
Profile WWW

I just asked Support to please help me fix it up - 2 stacks dues to loss of 4 early and then receiving final two within same cooldown period (16 total found) - which they did by just adding a completion to the medal.
So simply asking will probably do the trick.

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3