View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Spice must flow medal broken! 

Updating this post with the current issue, that of the medal. Currently the medal only goes up 1 no matter how many spices hit 100%. Given that it was basicly impossible to create more than 1 stack untill the issue was fixed, that left next to no time remaining in the seasonal, and the way the spices are designed to promote you making one big stack rather than lots of smaller ones Even if the medal was meant to be do 3 stacks, It seems uncool to screw over those who did the npcing for a year because of ambiguous wording and slow reaction time to a broken part of content.

bellow is the original issue (spices vanishing into the ether) that the post was started on.
Quote:
The issue was fixed today (3rd of october 2017), it is now safe to enhance spices without one mysticaly vanishing into the ether each time. Original post is bellow

Quote:
Since nothing was posted in issues and support and dan might not check the beginners hub posts I've posted it here, The spices dropped by chuhn are currently broken.

The text on the spices states
'boosts the scrap value of itself and all your same value spices by 10%'

However currently it works by boosting the value of same value spices by 10%, but being consumed on use, so if you find 3 spices from chuhn, you can press enhance but you will end up with 2 10% upgraded spices rather than 3 10% upgraded spices. The result of which is rather than requiring 3 spices to complete the spice must flow medal a full 13 are required. Given the spawn rate of chuhn (Thought to be aprox 1 in 400 annecdotaly) and the 9 possible drops from chuhn (Assumed to be evenly split in probability) making getting one once you find a chuhn roughly a 1 in 9 chance. So to get one spice your looking at 3600 npcs. To find 3, 10800, a fair chunk but definately doable.

Under the currently, a spice consumed upon enhance system 13 are required, pushing the npcs required up to 46800. Almost 50k in under a month. If you check out the beginners hub thread, many of the usualy very heavy npcers have given up going after the medal. Given the chuhn ship mod drops each only require a pair to be done with, the bazzar medals only require one of every drop, and the text of the spice enhance option, 3 spices seems like the number that was intended rather than 13.

If you could give a update on if this is infact Working as designed or when its fixed if it is not, that would be great. Thanks!

Stark Tech Inside

Last edited by Peticks on Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:39 pm

Peticks wrote:
The spices dropped by chuhn are currently broken.

Peticks wrote:
If you could give a update on if this is infact Working as designed

How can you claim that a feature is broken if you do not know how the feature is supposed to work in the first place?

Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:50 pm

Guide wrote:
Peticks wrote:

Peticks wrote:

How can you claim that a feature is broken if you do not know how the feature is supposed to work in the first place?

Because the text does not match with reality. Either the text is broken and the feature is working as designed, or the text is how its meant to be and the feature is faulty.

Stark Tech Inside

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:48 pm

Guide wrote:
Peticks wrote:

Peticks wrote:

The fact that the description reads that the spice "Enhances ITSELF and other spices in cargo" says that it shouldn't disappear, which it does. That seems broken to me.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:50 pm

As it stands there is only one realistic way to achieve the very underwhelming reward: Collect 13 spices before clicking enhance for the first time.

Have tested out the various possibilities in the interest of curiosity and pressing enhance prior to collecting all 13 required simply increases the already hard enough task of finding enough merchants and getting enough spices.

In testing I have collected 8 spices, 2 disappeared without effect during testing and I am left with the grand total of 2@20% and 2@0% from the remaining 6.

So still a fair way from what would be required after quite a lot of NPCing.

Seems to me I'd need a total of 11@20%, so from here I would require an extra 9@20%, so 11 spices needed in total meaning 9 left to go. That's just not going to happen barring a miracle.

Please be warned, if you are after that silly medal, please do not click enhance until you have all 13. It's hard enough as it is.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:44 am

Deigobene wrote:
Please be warned, if you are after that silly medal, please do not click enhance until you have all 13. It's hard enough as it is.

this is what i am advising members at Zentzu. i enhanced the only one i found to that point to get the tycoon medal for this year. i found another one after ... so i am aiming to find 12 more between now and the end of sept2018 for the spice medal ;)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:47 am
Profile WWW

I am just a little confused. If it is not meant to be consumed, that would mean you can obtain a single spice and then use it 10 times to boost it to 100%, no? If that is the case, does it not make the feature redundant? Why not just set the scrap value higher?

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:04 am

Guide wrote:
I am just a little confused. If it is not meant to be consumed, that would mean you can obtain a single spice and then use it 10 times to boost it to 100%, no? If that is the case, does it not make the feature redundant? Why not just set the scrap value higher?

The point seems to be that enhancing costs 100 energy, so enhancing one spice would cost 1k energy, if it consumed the spices why have it cost energy too? Not saying it shouldn't maybe have been higher, for most of the forum 1k energy is nothing in particular, though this is probably a bit more difficult for the lower rankers, but thats the logic behind the enhance option, remember too that the trade cost is 70 ctp, so without enhancements this purely scrap for ctp item is only a 5 ctp profit without buffs. That and it probably seemed a cool idea, though I personaly think too its not exactly that deep, but not everything has to be. The text contradicts with the actual effect and it seems quite clear from how insanely difficult the medal is for even the realy hardcore npcers to get, and the dissonance with the 1 of everything medal, the 2 of each of 3 artifacts to finish the sets, the 3 goridian ales medals from before to shoot up to 13 spices, that the text is the one meant to be correct rather than how the effects working in reality atm. Though ofc, if it is infact working as designed It would be good to know but I'd have to say theres a strong suggestion on the forums and among peoples legions that it should be changed because its way off base for whats a reasonable requirement.

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:22 pm

Totally agree with Peticks, this is an unreasonable medal, someone didn't think it through in development.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:30 pm

Are the spice still dropping ??? I got a big 0 since the second day of the event... and I have more then 10 of everything else

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:07 pm

Not that common. I have had 8 of them so far.

Proud Member, OBEvanKanobe Royal Big Rusty Behind with Huge Ego Society

Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:11 pm

think ive had 16 drops...one of everything EXCEPT spanner...only 1 spice..ale and bolts much more common..did get 2 of the eyes...everything else a 1 of...

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:37 am

I "used" (enhanced) my spice for the medal and saw no effect at all on my ship so I am fairly sure the medal is indeed broken if the % is not even shown unless that means that in the "best case scenario" it is 14 spices instead of the 13 we originally though.

For 10 medal points and no new ship graphic or bonus or even title it is NOT at all worth it either way. The Tycoon medal requires one for 25 medal points. You do the math. Just a terrible medal idea; working or not.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:58 pm

I had sent a ticket on this at the beginning, ignored as usual. He didn't even post and update in the news section of this forum that the chuhn event even started like he usually does. Just not on top of this event at all.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:52 pm

Looks like this issue is still a prominent one,

Tried to enhance the Spice I had just now thinking it would enhance itself and it ended up consuming the item... they really should make it clearer or at least notify the user that the spice will be consumed in the upgrade process as I feel many others will fall/have already fallen into that trap.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:32 pm

I sent a ticket just now detailing how the medal is likely impossible and the spice used for the Tycoon medal is wasted.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:52 pm

I saw one of my spice coma back it was enhance 10% and I could enhance 10% again cost 200 energy.
Click on it and disapear again ?

Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:40 pm

So chuhns about to come to an end and theres no fix in site. But this cannot become a 'fix it just in time for next years' issue. It needs fixing asap still, so that everyone who has spice can get their medals/upgrade it fully before scrapping, but also because releasing something broken and only fixing it a year later would be a pretty contemptuous practice that would drive people away from wanting to play if their seasonal content if its buggy, which most is we can forgive buggy launches as long as the bugs are ironed out promptly, and wont be actually usable properly till a year down the line...

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:15 pm

Well, Chuhn was extended a week...were the bugs fixed?

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:25 am

Nothing said. only way to tell would be for someone to bite the bullet and try it.

Stark Tech Inside

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next