View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Ghastian Bane Ships or lack off 

Anyone else having issues actually finding these ships? Seeing that you need the effect to pursue certain medals during the Bane season the fact that very few if any are turning up is making the medals impossible to complete.

Almost everyone in my legion who are of suitable rank have been hunting them and it's now been over 72 hours and not a single one has turned up.

The frequency of them appearing needs to be changed drastically because this is becoming ridiculous.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:33 pm

no issues here at Zentzu .. we've had half a dozen so far (2 alerted by me). once you have 2 frames .. the medals are pretty much the only thing ghastius is good for .. so i don't even bother hitting them for a drop.

only issue is making sure people have invasion timers open and suitable planets lined up to invade for the medals BEFORE alerting.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:03 pm
Profile WWW

They seem to be kinda rare, I have gotten 3 myself but only seen 1 alerted by anyone else.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:46 am

I have kill 15k NPC and found 0 bane Boss...
its looking like a joke to me

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:59 am

http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/ ... Bane_Fiend

Quote:
Cloak: 5,000

_____________Image

Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:09 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/Ghastius,_Bane_Fiend

Quote:

I doubt thats an issue for most players, at rank 1177 I have 11k scan without using any buffs, I suspect most players in range of it have over 5k scan without buffs. Ghastius's are rare but not outragously rare just considering loot drop. Once considering the medal then they are too rare, you need to hit 5 of them while your invade timer is open which may be a bit hard to time. With the medal in consideration they are too rare. If there was another way to get the effect, say some regular bane drop an artifact that gives then it would be fine but Ghastius's are the only way to get bane nightmare and they are simply too rare for what the medal requires.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:31 am

Joseph wrote:
Ghastius's are rare but not outragously rare just considering loot drop. Once considering the medal then they are too rare, you need to hit 5 of them while your invade timer is open which may be a bit hard to time. With the medal in consideration they are too rare. If there was another way to get the effect, say some regular bane drop an artifact that gives then it would be fine but Ghastius's are the only way to get bane nightmare and they are simply too rare for what the medal requires.

it's not hard if you plan for it. Ghastius has a 24 hour timer.

Living Nightmare (starting oct2014)
While under the effects of 'Bane Nightmare', invade the following types of common/uncommon planets. - Icy, Volcanic, Gas, Barren, Desert
- acquired 24oct2015

Fire and Brimstone (starting oct2015)
While under the effects of both 'Bane Nightmare' and a 'Hallows Bane' from an enemy trap, invade the following types of planets. - Terra, Toxic, Plasma, Demon
- acquired 15oct2015

i had already lined up whatever planets i didn't already acquire for Living Nightmare in 2014. however since Fire and Brimstone was 'harder' to do, i worked on that one first (which required a scan run). once i got those 4 out of the way, i finished the remainder of the ones for Living Nightmare.

tips:

1. in the year before you plan to work on the medal , line up at least 1 of each of the enemy planets that you need, preferably inactive owned: Living Nightmare: (Icy, Volcanic, Gas, Barren, Desert) .. Fire and Brimstone: (Terra, Toxic, Plasma, Demon)

2. let your legion mates know that you are working on the medals and make sure they give you first priority to hit any alerted Ghastius until you get the nightmare effect

3. if others in the legion actually want the frame drop ... be happy with the medal progress and let them pass you on the damage rank if you haven't locked it to get the nightmare effect

4. (for Fire and Brimstone) line up a friendly enemy ship that has lots of bane tricks in stock

5. reserve your invade timer for medal invasions

_____________Image

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:44 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Joseph wrote:
Ghastius's are rare but not outragously rare just considering loot drop. Once considering the medal then they are too rare, you need to hit 5 of them while your invade timer is open which may be a bit hard to time. With the medal in consideration they are too rare. If there was another way to get the effect, say some regular bane drop an artifact that gives then it would be fine but Ghastius's are the only way to get bane nightmare and they are simply too rare for what the medal requires.

it's not hard if you plan for it. Ghastius has a 24 hour timer.

Living Nightmare (starting oct2014)
While under the effects of 'Bane Nightmare', invade the following types of common/uncommon planets. - Icy, Volcanic, Gas, Barren, Desert
- acquired 24oct2015

Fire and Brimstone (starting oct2015)
While under the effects of both 'Bane Nightmare' and a 'Hallows Bane' from an enemy trap, invade the following types of planets. - Terra, Toxic, Plasma, Demon
- acquired 15oct2015

i had already lined up whatever planets i didn't already acquire for Living Nightmare in 2014. however since Fire and Brimstone was 'harder' to do, i worked on that one first (which required a scan run). once i got those 4 out of the way, i finished the remainder of the ones for Living Nightmare.

tips:

1. in the year before you plan to work on the medal , line up at least 1 of each of the enemy planets that you need, preferably inactive owned: Living Nightmare: (Icy, Volcanic, Gas, Barren, Desert) .. Fire and Brimstone: (Terra, Toxic, Plasma, Demon)

2. let your legion mates know that you are working on the medals and make sure they give you first priority to hit any alerted Ghastius until you get the nightmare effect

3. if others in the legion actually want the frame drop ... be happy with the medal progress and let them pass you on the damage rank if you haven't locked it to get the nightmare effect

4. (for Fire and Brimstone) line up a friendly enemy ship that has lots of bane tricks in stock

5. reserve your invade timer for medal invasions

It's hard if none bloody turn up! :|

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Joseph wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/Ghastius,_Bane_Fiend

Quote:

I doubt thats an issue for most players, at rank 1177 I have 11k scan without using any buffs, I suspect most players in range of it have over 5k scan without buffs. Ghastius's are rare but not outragously rare just considering loot drop. Once considering the medal then they are too rare, you need to hit 5 of them while your invade timer is open which may be a bit hard to time. With the medal in consideration they are too rare. If there was another way to get the effect, say some regular bane drop an artifact that gives then it would be fine but Ghastius's are the only way to get bane nightmare and they are simply too rare for what the medal requires.

It's 9 in total, one medal requires Hallow's Bane and Bane Nightmare (4 planets) and the other requires the Bane Nightmare on it's own.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:42 pm

My entire legion (Imminent Cataclysm) hasn't seen a Ghastius in 4 days and we are a VERY active legion.

This is ridiculous. How are we supposed to complete this medal???

Proud Member, OBEvanKanobe Royal Big Rusty Behind with Huge Ego Society

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:18 pm

Also zero found here in COG

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:56 am

Exterminus wrote:
My entire legion (Imminent Cataclysm) hasn't seen a Ghastius in 4 days and we are a VERY active legion.

This is ridiculous. How are we supposed to complete this medal???

That's actually not correct. There was one alerted 1 day 20 hours ago and I'm pretty sure I alerted one after that.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:59 am

If you have no job and no life and can sit in front of the computer 16 hours a day clicking, clicking, clicking then it's easily achievable.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:58 am

Don't be scared. Click those npcs like you mean it.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:31 pm

I've been finding 1 every 2.5 days. It's pretty abyssmal!

I miss the days where seasonal events were actually fun.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:25 pm

We at TNO haven't found any yet either. Members complaining that the seasonal must be broken or something. I NPC almost exclusively, and have only found dreads.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:14 am

just alerted my 4th one .. no one was online who had a medal invasion lined up .. but 2 folks got medal progress on the previous one i alerted.

_____________Image

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:55 am
Profile WWW

Finally found one and got that medal. Ha i have more medals than opey1 now heh heh

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:06 pm

theres been a good few alert here but ive done 20 ranks myself only npcing and haven't found any, lots of the little ones but as the event goes I'm done with it I'm not going to pile on the ranks hunting with the drop rate so bad.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:53 pm

UKenterprise wrote:
theres been a good few alert here but ive done 20 ranks myself only npcing and haven't found any, lots of the little ones but as the event goes I'm done with it I'm not going to pile on the ranks hunting with the drop rate so bad.

the drop rate is NOT bad .. your legion just would rather have the pitiful drops than to help members get the medal. other legions do things differently.

_____________Image

Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next