View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Issue with block feature 

Hey,

So I am player-blocked by Bollweevil from Project Anarchy, and yet.....

I have not hit him for at least a few days, so this block has been in effect for a while ....

I dont see how a player should be allowed to take planets FROM you while simultaneously blocking you from any sort of retaliation.

Would Dan or 1 of the moderators care to explain how this makes sense?

cheers,

Fox

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:46 pm

if you were guarding the planet .. he could not target you to warp you away. the block feature only disallows direct PvP activity and interaction.

the actual act of stealing a planet is not direct PvP.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:08 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
if you were guarding the planet .. he could not target you to warp you away. the block feature only disallows direct PvP activity and interaction.

the actual act of stealing a planet is not direct PvP.

If you're trying to convince me that invading a planet is NOT an offensive act against a player, you have failed. It makes no sense, and you know it. If it happened to you I don't think you would just say...."oh well" so why argue the point?

Anyhoo...needs sorting ASAP.

Galaxy Top Players - Rank:#17 Research:#10 Battles:#7 Kills:#19 Hacks:#9 Raids:#3

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:30 pm

FYI he is guarding the planet he stole from me right now, and the only thing preventing me invading a planet I had stolen from me is him guarding it and me not being able to target him. Thats not PVP?

Erm.....

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:53 pm

Also FYI...if you hover over the block button on actions tab when you target a player - it says : "blocked players are unable to interact with each other".

Him stealing my planet IS interacting lol.

Jesus.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:55 pm

YOUR PLANET .. is not YOU

as i said, if you were guarding it, Boll could not target YOU to warp.

why do you think PA ships go around getting each other blocked by various ships ? it makes for fewer people who can target them ALL on Exotica.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:22 pm
Profile WWW

Guarding a planet is putting yourself in a PvP position. If you're putting yourself into that position, then you should lose any protection against PvP interactions - like you already do with Calming Amplifiers and Halcyon Traps.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:36 am

senatorhung wrote:
YOUR PLANET .. is not YOU

as i said, if you were guarding it, Boll could not target YOU to warp.

why do you think PA ships go around getting each other blocked by various ships ? it makes for fewer people who can target them ALL on Exotica.

Yes.... which is also ridiculous, as previously pointed out. PVP is PVP, whether it be direct or not.

And IMHO taking a planet from ME is attacking ME.

So CAPS all ye want, its daft, and I dont agree with it.

:)

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:36 pm

Guide wrote:
Guarding a planet is putting yourself in a PvP position. If you're putting yourself into that position, then you should lose any protection against PvP interactions - like you already do with Calming Amplifiers and Halcyon Traps.

OH MY GOD ^^^^^ THIS!!!

Guide, whoever you are, well said my friend, well bloody said!!

Common sense always prevails Senator! :D

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:37 pm

doesnt senator contribute to/direct the guide?

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:35 pm

As far as the game is concerned Invading is an "Offensive" action since it prevents using the cowardly artifacts and also lets you use a Hallows Bane Trick on someone that stole a planet as it requires an "Offensive" action.

Invading IS an offensive action because of all these facts. Also, by pure logic it is.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:36 am

juiceman wrote:
doesnt senator contribute to/direct the guide?

Say what?

Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:53 pm

the guy spamms 100's of debuffs who thinks he the toughest guy in the game but yet complains when a person blocks him for it and then a few weeks later takes a 3x vl arti rock from him

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:24 pm

maybe this is a wink whimpy boy stop spamming ships and people will not be able to block you then you will not have this issue

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:25 pm

pokerman123 wrote:
maybe this is a wink whimpy boy stop spamming ships and people will not be able to block you then you will not have this issue

AMEN

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:55 pm
Profile WWW

CapitainePaul wrote:
As far as the game is concerned Invading is an "Offensive" action since it prevents using the cowardly artifacts and also lets you use a Hallows Bane Trick on someone that stole a planet as it requires an "Offensive" action.

Invading IS an offensive action because of all these facts. Also, by pure logic it is.

Thanks Paul - my thoughts exactly....

:)

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:24 pm

pokerman123 wrote:

Pokerman you gotta be the toughest ship......in the Forums lol

Why dont you back it up by hitting back? Because you dont like it when people hit you back do you? I get debuffed by people all the time - and? This is part of the game, they are there for a purpose. Also the planet was not even the issue (it was a VM MR arty oceanic with caverns, not even a good planet) - the issue was not being able to RETALIATE against someone who has attacked you. For example, if a burglar breaks into your house and steals your TV, would you say that was an offensive action toward YOU? Or would you say (as Senator has implied) that the Burglar hasn't done anything to YOU and therefore this is not a directly offensive action?

The planet itself I jsut wanted to take back as I was bored - took it back last night so thanks for that. But the issue remains.

Dan n Co. - if your still out there, sort this out as it seems a bit silly to say the least.

Pokerman, silence with ye petty forum jibes and put your money where your mouth is and face me in game - if Im such a wimp, I should be easy pickings right? Fact is, debuffs or not, id slap you round silly in-game, which is why you block. You talk the talk but cant walk the walk.

8-)

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:38 pm

yawns for a ship that is fully buffed that equals the same as me as unbuffed also not to mention you are konqul as i am a litheor o and then we go defense again you are fully buffed and not even breached my unbuffed attack and i only block losers who spamms 100 debuffs so i repeat stop spamming and you not be able to do a thing, so what going to be yea next excuse i am under a halc or calming amp even though i hold actions on a daily basis and i am not hard to find on the bt and i am rarely around heck i was not even on the base yesterday when it went down in under 2 hours

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:26 pm

wait let me buff up change to konqul wait what was my attack o yea that right it was over 2million i remember it well i hit every1 who was not under a halc

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:30 pm

You (Winner) The Crack Fox
Attack: 1608487 / Defense: 1010550 Attack: 156926+ / Defense: 256187+
You gain 11 + Disable Reward
-423-2597

The Crack Fox
the Annihilator
Rank 3169 Konqul Fixer
The Fallen (37)
Combat Reputation: Insane

aww poor cracker box ship zerod and dead in under 6 mins with not a single debuff used something he will never be able to brag about

Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next