View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Inconsistent Base Damage 

tl;dr: Base shields take a lot less damage than they're supposed to.

Long version:

My legion have recently started taking on tougher bases from larger legions as opposed to the smaller and glassier bases that we've done since I joined. A welcome change for those of us with beefier ships, as it lets us put all those excess stats to good use. Shortly after this change, we knew something was wrong with the damage we were dealing to bases. We've called off several attacks because the damage we should be dealing and the damage we're seeing just don't match.

As some of you are already aware, this isn't a new problem, but we've since discovered that it might be a lot worse on base shields. In fact, the problem might lie only with shields, and not base hull at all.

To prove my theory, I logged the total hitpoints of an enemy base each second for about 90 seconds. The first minute and a bit of this was when we were hitting the base shields, and the remainder was hitting base hull.

I compared each hit to its last hit to get the difference in damage between hits, and I also took the average over the last 3 hits to reduce the impact that latency would have on the values between each hit.

As you can see below, right around second/hit #65 (which is when the shields became fully depleted), the damage we were dealing increased by a fair good chunk.

You may think that this sort of behaviour could be attributed to people not hitting during the shields, and only hitting the hull, but with the consistency that we see shields taking a lot longer to deplete than hull, it is likely not the case (around 80s for 200k damage to shields as opposed to less than half the time for 200k dmg to hull).

Thoughts?

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:09 pm

We all knew there was a problem, thanks for putting into a form other techies can understand! I just finished a Customer Support ticket describing the problem (again) and pointing out that the higher ranked, bigger ships don't have a lot of fun, except for bases. This shield damage problem isn't a lot of fun.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:16 pm

i ve seen this first hand..been in on a couple of level 8-10 bases where the shields took significantly lower damage than was being dealt...when we got to hull it appearred to go 2-3x more, with all the same people hitting...this is VERY problematic when you attack a base when nice shields...

weird thing..the log of damage appears to record the damage, but what is actually applied caps at around 2k a second..

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:13 am

I can't say I've ever noticed lower damage per shot against shields, but they always seem laggier (i.e. you get the loading bar for slightly longer between hits) than when hitting hull.

Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]