View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Player blocking lasting longer than one month *RESOLVED* 

When was the player block system extended from one month to an unspecified period of time?
Is it now the case that another player can block you indefinitely?
Why is this feature hidden and not available to everyone?
Only certain people can selectively block players that they choose now for an unspecified period of time?
Seems like a very unfair system to me.

Last edited by SpiralEyes on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:42 pm
Profile WWW

Something like that I'm thinking might be a special request (or repeated requests?) to The dev team. I don't think there have been any changes to the actual feature in game.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:18 pm

The same player putting permanent blocks on multiple ships really stinks. It's like the devs are making up the rules as they go along.
I'm surprised they could even be arsed, I mean it's not like they are actually even responding to most help tickets these days.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:17 pm
Profile WWW

Who is blocking who?

Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:28 pm

ODragon wrote:
Who is blocking who?

well Spiral is apparently TWH .. so ... either that or PA would be the ones being blocked permanently .. if such a feature actually exists which i doubt.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:19 pm
Profile WWW

We have 2 ships that are over 40 days on a block from the same player. I'm not going to name names. Draw your own conclusions.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:09 pm
Profile WWW

From the announcement thread of this feature (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44078):-

webguydan wrote:
* Blocks last for exactly one month (cannot be canceled during this time), though they can be renewed.

I've never used this feature before myself, but this would seem to imply that a player can extend blocks indefinitely, should they wish to do so. Are you sure this isn't what's happening here?

Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:26 am

They can be renewed if the criteria for blocking someone is met again yes.
In this instance that criteria has not been met, as the ships in question are still blocked after over 45 days.
So the conclusion can only be that the developer has intervened and decided to extend blocks due to a player 'claiming' some sort of unfair treatment.
So there really is one block rule for everyone, and another block rule for certain favourites, that chew the devs ear off until he succumbs to their relentless ticketing.
I am not a fan of the current block system, but it does address all the issues someone may have regarding unfair treatment.
To add a further layer to the block system on the word of one person, and to implement special treatment for multiple ships on that basis is clearly what has occurred.
With no way of appeal or recourse being allowed on the part of the alleged wrong-doers.
We are all equal but some of us are more equal than others.
I am not sure how many people are planning to quit the game for good over this issue, I assume the creators don't really care losing a few more ships from the dwindling player base.
It is a sad end to an avoidable situation.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]