Galaxy Legion Forum
http://galaxylegion.com/forum/

Solar Radiance
http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44840
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Kropotkin [ Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Solar Radiance

This effect appears to be broken when rolling 25%... I get something in the region of 2.3% instead. It works fine when I roll 30%

Is anyone else able to replicate this issue?

Author:  xencindy [ Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Solar Radiance

There have been discussions about prodution caps when buffing planets. Do you use Solar Radiance before Trellith and Klorvis Conduit, or after?

Author:  senatorhung [ Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Solar Radiance

xencindy wrote:
There have been discussions about prodution caps when buffing planets. Do you use Solar Radiance before Trellith and Klorvis Conduit, or after?


don't think it matters which order they get applied or how many get applied. testing on my dyson, i max out at 47306 aph off a base arti production of 149 from structures. so that is a multiplier of 317.49. any %buffs that go over that amount get capped.

Author:  blabla [ Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Solar Radiance

senatorhung wrote:
xencindy wrote:
There have been discussions about prodution caps when buffing planets. Do you use Solar Radiance before Trellith and Klorvis Conduit, or after?


don't think it matters which order they get applied or how many get applied. testing on my dyson, i max out at 47306 aph off a base arti production of 149 from structures. so that is a multiplier of 317.49. any %buffs that go over that amount get capped.


No the Order matter, some buff still add to the production even if you have reach the cap

Author:  FerrusManus [ Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Solar Radiance

If the issue is due to poor rounding in the math library being used, as some have speculated, then I would guess that the order would matter. When using floating point numbers with precision which is too low, fewer intervals can be represented as numbers get larger. For example, at values between 0 and 1, numbers could be represented in intervals of 0.001. At values between 32768 and 65536, values may only be represented at intervals of 65. If you have smaller bonuses last, then they may not be large enough to hit the next increment. If you are producing 33000, and add a 0.1% boost of 33, then that is smaller than the interval of 65, so you wouldn't see a bonus. If it was a 0.2% boost of 66, then you would produce 33065.

Of course, this is speculation, but it could explain conflicting accounts of the "production cap". It isn't actually a cap, just a bug caused by low precision numbers. I was skeptical about this myself, but I believe Guide made a post demonstrating how imprecise the values can be with web libraries (I am not personally very familiar with web development).

Author:  Guide [ Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Solar Radiance

viewtopic.php?p=456071#p456071

Author:  Kropotkin [ Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Solar Radiance

The issue occurs no matter what order I buff.

In any case, if it were a rounding issue, why would it affect the 25% buff and not the 30% one?

Author:  Deigobene [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Solar Radiance

Kropotkin wrote:
The issue occurs no matter what order I buff.

In any case, if it were a rounding issue, why would it affect the 25% buff and not the 30% one?

Dunno for sure, it just does.
Once it gets over a certain level it counts, until then it rounds down.
The only time I consistently get full value from buffs on my Throne planet are when I can chuck every seasonal buff on.

Author:  FerrusManus [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Solar Radiance

Kropotkin wrote:
The issue occurs no matter what order I buff.

In any case, if it were a rounding issue, why would it affect the 25% buff and not the 30% one?


My post actually explicitly described why it would be more likely to affect smaller buffs than larger buffs.

Author:  Kropotkin [ Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Solar Radiance

FerrusManus wrote:
Kropotkin wrote:
The issue occurs no matter what order I buff.

In any case, if it were a rounding issue, why would it affect the 25% buff and not the 30% one?


My post actually explicitly described why it would be more likely to affect smaller buffs than larger buffs.


Yes, but it would not explain why it affects the 25% buff 100% of the time and the 30% buff 0% of the time.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/