View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Facebook seems to have gone Haywire, can't log into GL 

In response to Ultraxx, I wasn't implying that PA deserved to keep Exotica, nor was I voicing concern about SSBs getting disabled. That was just to show that when people are unable to defend their planets or ships by being unable to get online (and I've tried all of the offered methods), the few who are able to get on, or stay on have a distinct advantage.

If this event lasts longer than 7 days, and we start losing our 'active' status, there's a high chance that the few who get to play will take advantage. All I was saying is that if this isn't cleared up in the week, Dan should do something to help protect the planets of those of us that can't play, and locking everyone out seems to me the easiest solution.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:37 pm

Spudzy wrote:
In response to Ultraxx, I wasn't implying that PA deserved to keep Exotica, nor was I voicing concern about SSBs getting disabled. That was just to show that when people are unable to defend their planets or ships by being unable to get online (and I've tried all of the offered methods), the few who are able to get on, or stay on have a distinct advantage.

If this event lasts longer than 7 days, and we start losing our 'active' status, there's a high chance that the few who get to play will take advantage. All I was saying is that if this isn't cleared up in the week, Dan should do something to help protect the planets of those of us that can't play, and locking everyone out seems to me the easiest solution.

I entirely agree with you and as such we at PA have lost Exotica already so we are already getting penalized by this 4 day meltdown of GL. Everyone else also losing out on precious Chuhn time.

I also wonder how "legitimate" it is that some are able to log on and stay on (possibly all in the same legion). I have to say it smells really bad.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:45 pm

CapitainePaul wrote:
Spudzy wrote:

I entirely agree with you and as such we at PA have lost Exotica already so we are already getting penalized by this 4 day meltdown of GL. Everyone else also losing out on precious Chuhn time.

I also wonder how "legitimate" it is that some are able to log on and stay on (possibly all in the same legion). I have to say it smells really bad.

It definitely is not the legion that Zombie is in, as far as I know he has been the only one to be able to get in from our legion.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:27 pm

At this Point, the game server needs to be shut down, or the Galaxy Legion service needs to be stopped Until the issue is resovled, that should stop counting days for inactive, keep other incidents from happening.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:26 pm

Chade wrote:
At this Point, the game server needs to be shut down, or the Galaxy Legion service needs to be stopped Until the issue is resovled, that should stop counting days for inactive, keep other incidents from happening.

Agreed. This is unfair for most people. By now those playing are basically cheating. I am wondering if Dan should not ban those that stoie Exotica from PA.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:33 pm

sharrell wrote:
CapitainePaul wrote:
Spudzy wrote:

It definitely is not the legion that Zombie is in, as far as I know he has been the only one to be able to get in from our legion.

In the last two days, ZombieKiller531 from Galaxy Battleships and TheMadBomber from Insane Brigade are the only two who have guarded Exotica. I have the screenshots.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:49 pm

It is simply bug abuse. The ship name or legion does not factor into this at all.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:03 pm

CapitainePaul wrote:
Agreed. This is unfair for most people. By now those playing are basically cheating. I am wondering if Dan should not ban those that stole Exotica from PA.

I think banning is a bit extreme.... yes they stole it, yes it's an unfair advantage... but I wouldn't call Facebook having issues an offence worth banning a player over. If there was a post from Dan that said "do not play the game until the issue is fixed" then they continued to do so, that would be different.

They were just playing because they could which I find hard to believe anyone here would do anything different if they could get on. I know I definitely would be collecting resources and killing some NPC's if I was one of the lucky few still able to access the game! :P

If a rollback is possible, that's probably the most fair way to negate the unbalance of the last few days... but really not something worthy of banning imho.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:04 pm

Have to agree with Ryan.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:08 pm

CapitainePaul wrote:
Spudzy wrote:

PA hasn't been damaged by losing Exotica. I do question the legitimacy of medals earned from "defending" Exotica during the blackout. Whilst Exotica might hold special designation to PA, it's not really theirs to claim.

There's nothing illegitimate about pasting a url in your browser tab that connects anyone to galaxy legion, or by link,
https://galaxylegionfb.com/galaxylegion/ . There is a specific reason why some can and can't get into galaxy legion using this method that only the developer would know (and admitted trying earlier in this thread). Four people from our legion have sporadically been able to log on. I haven't disabled anyone, stolen any planets or taken Exotica. It's really boring in an empty galaxy. Nothing to see there.

The only thing that smells bad is the length of time it is taking Facebook to fix their face. That's concerning.

Last edited by Ultraxx on Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:15 pm

CapitainePaul wrote:
It is simply bug abuse. The ship name or legion does not factor into this at all.

Edit. My response was out of context. My bad.

Last edited by Ultraxx on Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:16 pm

rnagy wrote:
CapitainePaul wrote:
Agreed. This is unfair for most people. By now those playing are basically cheating. I am wondering if Dan should not ban those that stole Exotica from PA.

I think banning is a bit extreme.... yes they stole it, yes it's an unfair advantage... but I wouldn't call Facebook having issues an offence worth banning a player over. If there was a post from Dan that said "do not play the game until the issue is fixed" then they continued to do so, that would be different.

They were just playing because they could which I find hard to believe anyone here would do anything different if they could get on. I know I definitely would be collecting resources and killing some NPC's if I was one of the lucky few still able to access the game! :P

If a rollback is possible, that's probably the most fair way to negate the unbalance of the last few days... but really not something worthy of banning imho.

A rollback would be fair. Those player's reputations are already "stained" from this but I still do not think they deserve the medal points.

Also; if some of us become inactive in our legions because of this downtime and some do not it would be another point of contention. With most players unable to log on it puts into question how "legitimately" they did that if Dan is unable to get FaceBook to fix this how are they doing it. On this fourth day it most definitely IS bug abuse.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:17 pm

CapitainePaul wrote:

Also; if some of us become inactive in our legions because of this downtime and some do not it would be another point of contention. With most players unable to log on it puts into question how "legitimately" they did that if Dan is unable to get FaceBook to fix this how are they doing it. On this fourth day it most definitely IS bug abuse.

You've admitted to trying https://galaxylegionfb.com/galaxylegion/ earlier in this thread, and that you weren't able to enter. If you are calling entering galaxy legion by https://galaxylegionfb.com/galaxylegion/ "bug abuse", then you are just as guilty as everyone else in the galaxy who tried it.

None of us know why some are or aren't able to access galaxy legion except for the developers. How do you know "abuse" occured when you simply don't have that capability?

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:28 pm

No I am saying that some players are using something in this sentence from the error message:"development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions." (From the error message)

Some may be going in "dev mode", "test user mode", "app admin" or something else that circumvents FaceBook.

So it is either hacking FB or GL or both of them to be online right now and have not lost ANY time off the game while everyone else is unable to play.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:46 pm

CapitainePaul wrote:
...On this fourth day it most definitely IS bug abuse.

I think this is the second time it has been called the "fourth day"... perhaps I had access longer than others (?), but I was still playing late evening on Monday, Sept. 27th.

For me, I believe I have been unable to access for ~63 hours which corresponds to 2.5 ish days (meaning we are in the middle of the third day without access). Did you lose access on early morning Monday or even before then to call this the fourth day it's been down?

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:50 pm

rnagy wrote:
CapitainePaul wrote:
...On this fourth day it most definitely IS bug abuse.

I think this is the second time it has been called the "fourth day"... perhaps I had access longer than others (?), but I was still playing late evening on Monday, Sept. 27th.

For me, I believe I have been unable to access for ~63 hours which corresponds to 2.5 ish days (meaning today is the third day without access). Did you lose access on early morning Monday or even before then to call this the fourth day it's been down?

I did not do any sort of "accounting" on this so I cannot say but I am online at least 18 hours a day usually.

Now we have to start thinking about Legion Missions and lost Relic badges. I remember we were on day 3 of our legion mission so another likely started and we will not have enough time to do it; even if the game somehow restarts within the next few hours.

I actually "feels" like it has been down for the entire week so it is likely closer to 3 days than 4 but it feels longer.

In the end it is a MASSIVE outage to say the least and some players are taking advantage and at least one of them (zombiekiller) is bragging about it.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:56 pm

You shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.
Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
Five is right out.
Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then thine will be just.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:58 pm

DariousTheDark wrote:
You shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.
Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
Five is right out.
Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then thine will be just.

AHAHAHA! Yes! :lol: You win today's post of the day! The prize is a cookie. Please log into GL to claim! xD

Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:09 pm

Ultraxx you said PA isn’t damaged by losing Exotica. PA lost the aph bonus percentage that comes with holding it! Had it had been taken while I was asleep that’s one thing but for it to have been taken while the game is down that’s different. It’s already past the time the ppl that knocked me off their negative action no longer counts and they can block right away vs having to wait the 24 hours! They shouldn’t enjoy same privilege as everyone else if they are getting unfair advantages of being able to play while everyone else can’t! Hence the BLOCK button should be turned off for a time frame!

Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:14 pm

Angelangel wrote:
Ultraxx you said PA isn’t damaged by losing Exotica. PA lost the aph bonus percentage that comes with holding it! Had it had been taken while I was asleep that’s one thing but for it to have been taken while the game is down that’s different. It’s already past the time the ppl that knocked me off their negative action no longer counts and they can block right away vs having to wait the 24 hours! They shouldn’t enjoy same privilege as everyone else if they are getting unfair advantages of being able to play while everyone else can’t! Hence the BLOCK button should be turned off for a time frame!

I stand by this. The game should "close down" when something like this happens so there can be no "bug abuse" like stealing Exotica and other such shenanigans and exploits.

I hope those players get "blacklisted" in the community; if not banned. When I can finally log back on GL I will be unable to see who disabled me to get Exotica and how many artifacts they used; how many players/legions particpated, etc.

We are "locked" out of the game yet some have not lost a single second. This is completely unfair and as I have stated quite "suspicious".

Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next