View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Facebook seems to have gone Haywire, can't log into GL 

CapitainePaul wrote:
Angelangel wrote:
Ultraxx you said PA isn’t damaged by losing Exotica. PA lost the aph bonus percentage that comes with holding it! Had it had been taken while I was asleep that’s one thing but for it to have been taken while the game is down that’s different. It’s already past the time the ppl that knocked me off their negative action no longer counts and they can block right away vs having to wait the 24 hours! They shouldn’t enjoy same privilege as everyone else if they are getting unfair advantages of being able to play while everyone else can’t! Hence the BLOCK button should be turned off for a time frame!

I stand by this. The game should "close down" when something like this happens so there can be no "bug abuse" like stealing Exotica and other such shenanigans and exploits.

I hope those players get "blacklisted" in the community; if not banned. When I can finally log back on GL I will be unable to see who disabled me to get Exotica and how many artifacts they used; how many players/legions particpated, etc.

We are "locked" out of the game yet some have not lost a single second. This is completely unfair and as I have stated quite "suspicious".

The entire game is in dire straights right now, and all you can do is whine on and on about f**king Exotica and being disabled... FFS have some perspective here!

Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:34 pm

Easiest solution:

Dan takes the FB login records (presumably which includes the email address of each person), sets a password, and makes direct logins work without using Facebook at all. Would have to update the GP purchasing to go direct to Dan (Yay, he gets more money from that!) but then FB wouldn't need to be involved at all. Not like other than logging in and purchasing you actually need facebook for playing GL...

Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:51 pm

Will people posting here get a grip on things

i feel im with a bunch of 6 yr old's whining about missing their favorite cartoon

1st: in no way is anyone cheating or abusing the game - they are logging in and playing the game the way it was intended
you would do the same if you had a chance - so would i but ive been locked out for 3 days

so no one should be banned and NO ONE SHOULD BE SAYING THEY ARE CHEATING OR TO BE BAN OR PUNISHED

2: if your region or territory or sever in your area went down for a week you would be in the same boat - let say hurricane - knocked out the entire seaboard and 1/2 the people could not play - maybe entire legions could not play
you still be in the same boat in would not be dan's fault or FB fault - you would have to grin and bear it like an adult

you gonna sue the weather?

im saying suck it up and behave like adults - and quit whining about it

if you have an issue you want to piss in someone's pot then send FB your opinions and gripe to them - - it them that caused the issue No one else
like everyone send FB a ticket...only when you have enough complaints that FB might get on it

3: anyone that goes inactive - well tough... the legion loses bonuses and you lose protections and of course you lose production
losing planets well that happens even when you on - with so few playing you planets are actually safer now than before
only one in trouble are those seen by players that are active - and there are so few there i wouldn't worry so much

it's not like saying everyone is active but one legion lets say PA or IC and they lose protections and they can defend for weeks and it a free for all to take planets

thats a different matter - but unless it was dan's fault and it was the weather PA or IC would still have to suck it up to life dealing them spades

like i said weather could knock out out for days or weeks or even months...getting sick could do that - you deal with the fact that your life came up spades and you getting a bum run
that is life.... you deal with it like an adult....

did you lose somethng of value ??...no....

can you get back to normal??? yes.... given some time

4: dan is actually gonna help us out somewhat - - thats if FB gets it act together
you never know FB might have booted a bunch of games out

if we get back up ...id say dan to the bare min - maybe a little production bonus - like a cache

look im in the same boat -im getting the bum end of the stick as it is.... - i'll take the consequences - such is life
i may lose planets - might have already - don't know - ive definitely lost production and missions

but the same could be said if you were in the hospital for weeks or months and could not play - or on vacation for a month

5: don't take GL down ... that might give FB the reason to pull the plug on them for good

i can't believe someone suggested that - FB can deny service for Breach of contract or policy - that you pull the plug on them on purpose

just suppose you did it to put pressure on FB for $$$
face book could just cut dan off for trying to manipulate them

when you enter TOS for developers you have to keep it up as much as possible except down time for repairs - not to take it down to blackmail FB or for some other purpose other than repair or upkeep

if your down too much FB can cut you - as being unreliable

just like dan can contact FB about an issue FB can tell dan to get it back up
or breach in terms will ensue

----------------------------------

so people just wait out the storm and hope GL come back

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:00 pm

Kropotkin wrote:
CapitainePaul wrote:
Angelangel wrote:
Ultraxx you said PA isn’t damaged by losing Exotica. PA lost the aph bonus percentage that comes with holding it! Had it had been taken while I was asleep that’s one thing but for it to have been taken while the game is down that’s different. It’s already past the time the ppl that knocked me off their negative action no longer counts and they can block right away vs having to wait the 24 hours! They shouldn’t enjoy same privilege as everyone else if they are getting unfair advantages of being able to play while everyone else can’t! Hence the BLOCK button should be turned off for a time frame!

I stand by this. The game should "close down" when something like this happens so there can be no "bug abuse" like stealing Exotica and other such shenanigans and exploits.

I hope those players get "blacklisted" in the community; if not banned. When I can finally log back on GL I will be unable to see who disabled me to get Exotica and how many artifacts they used; how many players/legions particpated, etc.

We are "locked" out of the game yet some have not lost a single second. This is completely unfair and as I have stated quite "suspicious".

The entire game is in dire straights right now, and all you can do is whine on and on about f**king Exotica and being disabled... FFS have some perspective here!

You have obviously not read all my posts. I demand justice and those that may have cheated be banned. I presented several "compensation" examples as well as asked what happens to legion mission failures due to lack of time and how some might become inactive while some players have lost nothing at all; among other things.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:02 pm

We're as frustrated as everyone in getting a timely response from FB, despite being assured that we would by now. Doing our best to escalate.

We're planning to extend the event by a week, as well as issue compensation items to mitigate the loss of production. Bear with us as we get this resolved. (The game has been put in maintenance as well)

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:15 pm

CapitainePaul wrote:

You have obviously not read all my posts. I demand justice and those that may have cheated be banned. I presented several "compensation" examples as well as asked what happens to legion mission failures due to lack of time and how some might become inactive while some players have lost nothing at all; among other things.

Yo crazy person, no one has cheated or exploited or anything, you need to slow your accutations. next your going to shout from the heavens the sky is falling just because you (myself and 95% of the rest of the people that play) are getting hit with falling bits of sky. NO ONE HAS DONE ANYTHING WRONG(outside of FB being $£%*s). so either do yourself a favour and get off the internet until your drug(GL) comes back or take a flipping chill pill and foucs on something outside of the game.

also side note can we please stop grouping IC and PA together IC had nothing to do with exotica
Please and Thank you

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:17 pm

webguydan wrote:
We're as frustrated as everyone in getting a timely response from FB, despite being assured that we would by now. Doing our best to escalate.

We're planning to extend the event by a week, as well as issue compensation items to mitigate the loss of production. Bear with us as we get this resolved.

if a cache is on the cards can it please not be limited by storage caps you have many of the current population of daily players on 5 hour caps at worst, some are on 3, a cache normally is 8 hours and cant exceed cap so they will lose 60~% of the cache

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:23 pm

webguydan wrote:

We're planning to extend the event by a week, as well as issue compensation items to mitigate the loss of production. Bear with us as we get this resolved. (The game has been put in maintenance as well)

Thank you Dan, now hopefully all this pleasant discussion can stop.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:26 pm

webguydan wrote:

Thank you very much for this update Dan. That certainly quelled most of my concerns.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:33 pm

webguydan wrote:

Thanks for the update.

This community acting like little toddlers over exotica is so sad man :(

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:44 pm

Hallucinations wrote:
webguydan wrote:

Thanks for the update.

I totally agree there and those hammering about people cheating should be the ones on the ban list first

no one cheated or abused the situation and if you said they were,,,, you should be the one gone or they should be warned about being booted - from being overzealous

geez.... no one has a right to exotica

if you lost it due to a hurricane it be the same

maybe PA should never have exotica again -

Ban exotica from PA

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:56 pm

XavZepherio wrote:
Hallucinations wrote:
webguydan wrote:

Thanks for the update.

I totally agree there and those hammering about people cheating should be the ones on the ban list first

no one cheated or abused the situation and if you said they were,,,, you should be the one gone or they should be warned about being booted - from being overzealous

Ban exotica from PA

+1

Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:06 pm

CapitainePaul wrote:
Chade wrote:
At this Point, the game server needs to be shut down, or the Galaxy Legion service needs to be stopped Until the issue is resovled, that should stop counting days for inactive, keep other incidents from happening.

Agreed. This is unfair for most people. By now those playing are basically cheating. I am wondering if Dan should not ban those that stoie Exotica from PA.

Can you guys from PA whine a lil more? What a bunch of cry babies! PA has had Exotica most of the time for the past few years, partly by blocking some attackers, which shouldn't be possible when guarding Exotica, I've never heard anyone from PA complaining about it or call it cheating. PA also has had quite its share of cheaters; some like Topper got banned, but not all of them. For example buying a melter from someone you know is an alt should also be considered cheating and I know some did. There are also the 2 PA members systematically tag-teaming players, using an exploit to sometimes get a red badge each which results in the player disabled getting 2 deaths...

Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:28 pm

XavZepherio wrote:
Hallucinations wrote:
webguydan wrote:

Thanks for the update.

Ban exotica from PA

Glad im not the only one feeling this way haha

Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:45 pm

Wowsier I had no idea my simple post, which was put up to help people who can't get on GL would bring out whiners. Claims of cheating! Demanding people get banned?

All the toddlers need to relax and be patient. For Heaven sakes

Dan is doing his best, has answered more than once. Thank you Dan appreciate the difficulty of what your trying to get done.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:32 pm

XavZepherio wrote:

5: don't take GL down ... that might give FB the reason to pull the plug on them for good

i can't believe someone suggested that - FB can deny service for Breach of contract or policy - that you pull the plug on them on purpose

just suppose you did it to put pressure on FB for $$$
face book could just cut dan off for trying to manipulate them

when you enter TOS for developers you have to keep it up as much as possible except down time for repairs - not to take it down to blackmail FB or for some other purpose other than repair or upkeep

if your down too much FB can cut you - as being unreliable

just like dan can contact FB about an issue FB can tell dan to get it back up
or breach in terms will ensue

----------------------------------

so people just wait out the storm and hope GL come back

Browser access to https://galaxylegionfb.com/galaxylegion/ has now been restricted. This is the message it shows.

"Under Maintenance
Galaxy Legion is currently undergoing maintenance.
We'll be back shortly.

Check out our App Page and Wiki while we're working!"

At last check, PA was not guarding Exotica, the new Unicorn of Galaxy Legion.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:05 am

CapitainePaul wrote:
I did not do any sort of "accounting" on this so I cannot say but I am online at least 18 hours a day usually..

Wow. Man.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:32 am

CapitainePaul wrote:
Some may be going in "dev mode", "test user mode", "app admin" or something else that circumvents FaceBook.

So it is either hacking FB or GL or both of them to be online right now and have not lost ANY time off the game while everyone else is unable to play.

I'd just like to state that you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about and you should stop making arguments based on that premise.

The reason some people were still able to access GL is because they have (or now, had) existing sessions with the game that have not expired. That's it. No hacking, no "dev mode" or test accounts, no magic tricks, just direct access to the game outside of Facebook because a session was already established. These sessions are normally temporary and are purged from the server after a period of inactivity (normally 24 minutes, but for GL it may be different), but if you can keep a session active it'll likely last longer than you.

Nobody has cheated or hacked. It's all just been one unfortunate situation and you should stop taking it personally and trying to blame other people.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:21 am

The only Game i Play on FB and the only Reason iam on FB, I play alot of Games and i would Rather play this game if it wasnt connected to FB

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:03 am

Cool when we can log in again Guide can you show me how to keep my browser active for 3 consecutive days so game never kicks me since those people did nothing wrong and no big secret to it?? Then perhaps you could make a tutorial so the rest of the Galaxy can also have this so we don’t run into this problem again! As some of us have jobs we eat sleep go to the bathroom come back and the game has refreshed so I am excited to learn something new!

Per people taking stuff personally maybe if everyone stopped jumping all over PA members when it was very clear more then PA had concerns and I’m okay with being labeled a toddler for expressing my concerns. ;)

That said Thank you Dan for the updates and for putting game in maintenance mode! I for one can not wait to log back in as you see I have a growing fan club that I can not wait to zero! As that is the PA way :)

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next