View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Elios Phoenix 

I am going to address the elephant in the room.

This Elite SUCKS. It says it's Super Rare, but I get LOTS of them every day.

The trap is on a hair trigger, so I wind up getting disabled between 4-6 times (my record is 12 times) any time they show up.

And for what?

An upgrade for 2 items that you can only get from the other Super Rare NPC (which most of us have dozens of), or the miniscule chance that you MIGHT get a lame planetary artifact.

Something needs to change on these THINGS. Either their number appearing has to go down, or the damage needed to kill them needs to be reduced considerably AND it needs some decent artifacts for killing them.

There. I got that off my chest.

Proud Member, OBEvanKanobe Royal Big Rusty Behind with Huge Ego Society

Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:07 am

Exterminus wrote:

The trap is on a hair trigger, so I wind up getting disabled between 4-6 times (my record is 12 times) any time they show up.

And for what?

An upgrade for 2 items that you can only get from the other Super Rare NPC (which most of us have dozens of), or the miniscule chance that you MIGHT get a lame planetary artifact.

Something needs to change on these THINGS. Either their number appearing has to go down, or the damage needed to kill them needs to be reduced considerably AND it needs some decent artifacts for killing them.

The Elios Flare Probe is a pretty decent artificat, especially since it takes no space. Before that drop was added I was not killing them anymore except with the megaweapon. You just have to repair after it hits you once. Getting disabled is not a big deal anyway, it doesn't even count as a death in your stats. Years ago, when I was being constantly alerted for regular badging (guess in which legion), I actually loved them as they allowed me to self-disable and frustrate my bullies...

Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:24 am

Exterminus wrote:

And for what?

If you can change races easily, I'd try Genetarr/Merchant, Improved Mind Influence works on these, as well as with other seasonal NPC's (except for the bosses). It also works with Bane Krows. Something to consider.

And in your artifact window, type "restore" so it pulls up both Repair Nanodrones and Shield Restorers, this stops you from having to scroll to find an artifact. It only takes me around 20 seconds, 30 tops to kill these and I haven't been a Genetarr in months.

Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:16 pm

Meso1995 wrote:

And in your artifact window, type "restore" so it pulls up both Repair Nanodrones and Shield Restorers, this stops you from having to scroll to find an artifact. It only takes me around 20 seconds, 30 tops to kill these and I haven't been a Genetarr in months.

I just use "rest" and it works.

Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]