View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Request: Friend of a friend 

I'd like to request a "friend of a friend" feature that indicates when an "enemy" is really in a friends legion.

This afternoon I was looking to colonize another planet and went to my scanned planets list and found an enemy occupied planet and I didn't recognize that player and I was high enough to actually attack, so I did. Tonight I was disabled by a "friend of a friend" that that planet was saved for. Had I noticed a ship log message 14 hours ago - and known that all shared planets temporarily show up in my scanned planets list, I may have avoided an ugly situation. Instead, my ship shared with a legion, disabled multiple times, hacked, raided and angry messages were exchanged - all over a simple misunderstanding that I never intended to happen.

Please please please also consider adding an indication on the planet info window (not just the actions tab) that a planet was shared. It's not obvious that the planet was shared, when you reach it from your planets tab.

I'm all for conflict in the galaxy, but not among extended legion members.

Thank you for reading,
Jessica

Wed May 19, 2010 4:00 am

I belive an idea like this was suggested earlier (anyone wants to link that your awesome) never got implemented TMK, im all for it.

Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 am

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=126 tyty hunter

Wed May 19, 2010 4:39 am

This feature has been added tonight. Enemy Planets will now say "Legion Ally Occupied" instead of "Enemy Occupied" when there is one or more legion members in common between the 2.

Wed May 19, 2010 5:46 am

webguydan wrote:
This feature has been added tonight. Enemy Planets will now say "Legion Ally Occupied" instead of "Enemy Occupied" when there is one or more legion members in common between the 2.

woot tyty

Wed May 19, 2010 5:54 am

When at first i saw Legion ally occupied, I was a little confused as legion = ally.
Perhaps change it to Legion's ally occupied
Anyway thanks for introducing such a change :D

Wed May 19, 2010 6:31 am

I already suggested that the friend sharing the planet has to guard the planet once it's colonized by the friend he wanted to, to avoid another legion member attacking and taking the planet ...

Cause anyways, some legion members will eventually get that planet and fux it if it's worth the trouble. Like for instance a post I saw about a nice exotic planet shared with a help attack/don't invade message ... That was actually invaded haha :D

that's what happens I guess when you add people that you don't really know ...

When I check a shared planet, I go to the friend's profile and I check if the current owner is in his friend list ... Avoids troubles as well ... Well, with the new feature I guess it won't be necessary anymore.

Wed May 19, 2010 6:33 am

Zhorgul wrote:
I already suggested that the friend sharing the planet has to guard the planet once it's colonized by the friend he wanted to, to avoid another legion member attacking and taking the planet ...

1) Not always possible to guard the shared planet (guarding own planet)
2) Wormhole can still be used
At the end of the day, it is still up to the invader's choice.

Wed May 19, 2010 6:54 am

Barracuda wrote:
[
1) Not always possible to guard the shared planet (guarding own planet)
2) Wormhole can still be used
At the end of the day, it is still up to the invader's choice.

1) well, if you share a terra or better for a specific friend, I find it normal and cautious to proceed so. and if I'm guarding a delicate situation somewhere else, I then use artifacts on the planets.

2) when you guard the planet share, all your legion will see it as "legion occupied" with the grey shield ... That prevents alot of mistakes :) and if someone comes with a wormhole then it's deliberatly an aggressive sign towards you = I remove the guy from my friends and I make his life miserable.

Wed May 19, 2010 9:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]