View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Coding Issue...tooltips in ship equipment list..non-critical 

Just found a minor coding issue that you might want to check into, nothing too important...

When I click into the ship tab and open up the energy sub menu in there, the hover-over tool-tips are working properly;when I click the arrow to flip to a second page, the tool-tips display the coding for the tool-tips in addition in a text format instead of the graphical display:
Plasma Relay ? tool-tip on page 2 of ship energy manifest:

Size: 5<br> </div>Ship Limit: 4 relays<br /> Condition: Excellent<br />Upkeep: <span class='credit cost'> 1.2K </span> / day

Charge + 6 ? tool-tip on page 2 of ship energy manifest:

Speeds up your energy recharge rate by 6 seconds, <br></span> but reduces your maximum energy by 20

It started happening a few days ago, after a few days i had some free time so i watched it to see if it was the browser (firefox) or the game coding...im pretty sure its a game coding issue as it happens in both firefox and IE; Its been a really long time since ive done coding but it looks like something simple like an improperly formatted break somewhere or possibly a span or div format error in the ending of one of those; primarily because when something forces code to execute again (clicking 'install new modules' or a timer counting down to 0:00 and resetting...like energy in my test case) the error goes away and the tool-tip produces itself properly once again...

what can i say...i was bored, just thought id pass along my time-killing observations :-P

Wed May 19, 2010 9:51 am

Known issue. No idea when this is gonna be fixed. This problem happens for modules that are not on the first page when loading the Ship tab.

Wed May 19, 2010 9:56 am

ah, well i didnt see it listed (in all honesty, i was bored so i didnt search :P)
just thought id throw in my 2 cents about what could be causing it

Wed May 19, 2010 9:59 am

yea i saw this too a while back. its not a big deal.

Thu May 20, 2010 12:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]