View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Internet Explorer and GL 

when i play, after a while for absolutley no reason at all it crashes and then it works fine again any1 else have this problem?

Tue May 25, 2010 5:00 am

I have not had this problem, what is your internet program?

Tue May 25, 2010 5:02 am

Mober6 wrote:
when i play, after a while for absolutley no reason at all it crashes and then it works fine again any1 else have this problem?

do you mean the #'s stop counting or whatever? this happens to me alot when im idle. try mousing over the screen to wake it up. the #'s refresh every minute or so if they get stale. i can come back from sleep mode and it will recover just fine. if im not sure i would just exit and restart to see all fresh values.

similar to your problem?

Tue May 25, 2010 2:24 pm

Ive got Internet Explorer on a Windows 7 and sometimes after a lot of clicking, it wont respond to anymore clicks, is that yur problem? Mine will only fix if I refresh. I've also got hunters problem with the energy values.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Wed May 26, 2010 4:51 am

the game is supposed to stop counting after a few minutes of inactivity, its so you dont miss your notices.

Wed May 26, 2010 5:03 am

with inactivity the game will (on your screen) stop. You are still earning all the points and stuff in the background though. This allows the game to not get too clogged up by thousands of people leaving their computer on while at work or asleep. It is intended to work this way. Either move your mouse over the game real fast, tab to another tab, or just hit refresh.

Wed May 26, 2010 5:46 am

I have found that Galaxy Legion doesn't play well with IE, which is good because IE sux anyway. Try a different browser. I have never had problems with Chrome or Firefox while playing GL

Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Works fine in Firefox ... No crashes ever...

In IE8 on Windows 7, it will crash about once every 10 mins or so. I get a 'this tab has been recovered' and it reloads the game.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:05 am

AlZymers wrote:

In IE8 on Windows 7, it will crash about once every 10 mins or so. I get a 'this tab has been recovered' and it reloads the game.

I (and I am not the thread owner) have IE 8 and windows vista. I noticed that when facebook games are idle and they 'fall asleep' sometimes the webpage (and I mean the IE's tab) will refresh itself when I come back on (to refresh the game) and everything will come up fine. I'm guessing on Windows 7, it refreshes even when not idle and is alerting you to the page refresh.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:22 pm

zophah wrote:
AlZymers wrote:

I (and I am not the thread owner) have IE 8 and windows vista. I noticed that when facebook games are idle and they 'fall asleep' sometimes the webpage (and I mean the IE's tab) will refresh itself when I come back on (to refresh the game) and everything will come up fine. I'm guessing on Windows 7, it refreshes even when not idle and is alerting you to the page refresh.

This doesn't have anything to do with the game pausing/refreshing. The IE window completely crashes with an error "This tab has been recovered" and restarts itself frequently. I have the same problem when I log in to the game with IE but it never happens with Firefox. It only happens with Galaxy Legion and only in Internet Explorer.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:03 pm

Yeoman Smith wrote:
This doesn't have anything to do with the game pausing/refreshing. The IE window completely crashes with an error "This tab has been recovered" and restarts itself frequently. I have the same problem when I log in to the game with IE but it never happens with Firefox. It only happens with Galaxy Legion and only in Internet Explorer.

Then it's the combination of Windows 7 with IE, otherwise I would get that too.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:33 pm

zophah wrote:
Yeoman Smith wrote:

Then it's the combination of Windows 7 with IE, otherwise I would get that too.

I'm running XP (SP3) with IE8. I had the same problem with IE7. I prefer Firefox so I use it anyway, but there is definitely a problem with Galaxy Legion and Internet Explorer.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]