View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Planet Flux artifact doesn't hide planets from "shared" list 

One of my legion members shared a fairly nice planet last night with "Invade Planet" instructions, so I captured it. Knowing that this particular person has a lot of random "add me" legion allies, I decided to use a Planet Flux artifact on the planet in order to avoid having multiple different random people attack the planet thinking that I was the intended target of the original Invade Planet request. After I used the Flux artifact, I also used a Flux Probe on the planet just because I had one sitting around with no plans for its use. The probe said that zero other people had scanned the planet, which is what I should expect immediately after using the Flux artifact. Thinking the planet was safe for a while, I filled it with my best resource buildings and logged out for a few hours. When I got back, there were more than a half dozen different people attacking the planet at different times in my message log, and one of them captured it from me, then another person captured it from them (different owner than the one who took it from me). After that I watched the planet some more and yet a third person from the original sharer's legion proceeded to capture the planet again and destroyed all of my expensive buildings. I can't afford to capture it again and rebuild the buildings since I spent more than a week's savings to get it in the first place so it will probably just keep circulating around this other person's legion until the 12 hour share timer runs out. I know that it's my fault for not building defensive structures or guarding the planet, but that's not really relevant at the moment.

My concern is that even though the Planet Flux artifact did remove the planet from the scan lists of the original owner and the person who shared it with me and the rest of his legion, it apparently did not remove the planet from the scan lists of any of the people that it was shared with. Maybe I'm wrong and this is intended, but it seems to me that when the artifact says "This device hides one of your planets from the scan lists of all other players" then it should actually hide it from all other players regardless of how it was originally added to their lists. I know that other people can still scan a planet again after a Flux if they get lucky and find the planet, but in this case we're talking about at least 9 different people seeing the planet in just a few hours, and all of them are legion members of the person who shared the planet, which tells me that it never actually hid the planet from their lists.

Is it possible to have my Flux artifact returned since it didn't do what it was supposed to when I used it?

Thu May 27, 2010 3:43 pm

Thats what a planet flux is supposed to do that, TMK its supposed to be a last chance of getting a lost planet back if the loser of said planet so happened to share the planet with his allies.

Also it sounds like you need a good mineral planet, you should be able to fund a full planet invasion/structing after about a day or 2.

Thu May 27, 2010 4:31 pm

So the Planet Flux is intended to NOT remove the planet from shared scan lists? If so, I'm disappointed since that's pretty much exactly opposite of what the artifact says that it does, but I guess I'll just deal with it.

As far as minerals, I am currently producing 295 minerals per hour at rank 44, selling minerals often enough to never let the stored minerals get to full capacity, and it still took about a week to save the 2 million credits that I used to invade that planet, plus another half million or so to build the mining structures. Are you saying I should have more mineral production even though that is roughly 35% of my total production (with 20% for artifacts and the other 45% for research)?

Thu May 27, 2010 4:44 pm

i heard conflicting info about this also... a legion member had a planet fuxxed and i had a link to the planet that shouldnt have expired yet. the link reported that the planet was no longer in my scanning range...

so it would be nice to find out definitively what is going on. i would prefer if the FLUX does what it was intended to do and wipe it from everyone including shares.

Thu May 27, 2010 5:03 pm

The description of the artifact does need some clarification to indicate that it does not remove shares.

Thu May 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Thank you for the clarification, Dan! It's good to have an answer from someone who knows for sure. :)

Is there any chance I could get my wasted Flux back since I only used it expecting it to actually remove the planet from everybody's lists? I understand if the answer is no, but I have to ask since that's an expensive one..

Thu May 27, 2010 6:38 pm

I'd be happy to credit one for this situation - thanks for providing some detail for your experience. :)

Thu May 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Very cool! I sent you a PM with my personal info. Thanks again for the help!

Thu May 27, 2010 7:07 pm

For what its worth - shared planets can not be re-shared, and they DO fade after a time. (24 hours?) So if you take a planet and wait a bit before fluxing, you should be fine. OR just flux it and defend til the share times out.

Fri May 28, 2010 3:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]