View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 attack/defend don't matter? 

I'd say it's more a question of balancing.

having too much hull is useless / having lots of defense and 0 hull isn't good either (but depends on your adversary).

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:01 am

My thought has been in order to stay alive better you need need def, shields, and hull all together in order to be hard to kill. But it does take a lot of work to have all those on and weapons.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Redlaw wrote:
My thought has been in order to stay alive better you need need def, shields, and hull all together in order to be hard to kill. But it does take a lot of work to have all those on and weapons.

I find it easy to prevent attacks by having 4 big guns and a huge jammer. other than that only 1 person has ever disabled me. (and in revenge I have killed him twice now)

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:11 am

Just FYI.. Hull bug seems to be fixed about several days ago. I equipped all 5 microgels and was able to win EVERY battle even against hull less players (they are much easier now) and against high hull players. I'm so glad that hull bug is gone apparently. Or it found it's right balance this time depends on defense and hull mixture. I dunno. All I know is that I perform much better with hull on than without now... I used to perform much better without any hull during the bug period.. :)

Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:30 pm

No way that has been fixed yet. I noticed this phenomenon when i started researching better hulls as well. I Have attacked a few ships recently including one just a few minutes ago with horrible results.

Me
ATT 291
DEF 219

THEM
ATT 35
DEF 15

Results
I lose! I lost 19 they lost 17. WTF
I tried again and won 7 to 17

This is not the first time though, I mena come on, especially with that drastic of a difference in stats. Hull is useless. Totally useless!

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:27 pm

zophah wrote:
Redlaw wrote:

I find it easy to prevent attacks by having 4 big guns and a huge jammer. other than that only 1 person has ever disabled me. (and in revenge I have killed him twice now)

that idea kept me safe most the game. a guy attacked me today and only clicked attack once... he saw my damage output and ran away.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:41 am

zophah wrote:
Redlaw wrote:

I only keep a Heavy Laser Cannon, a Heavy Mass Driver, and a Psionic Amplifier and people stay away from me. To me it doesnt seem like that much. Im rank 40.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:34 am

It's a lot easier with a psionic amplifier and 4 heavy plasma cannons!

Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:00 am

not many my level have or can afford h disruptors. they are intimidating just my themselves.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:44 am

Quote:

zophah wrote:

i thought you needed a big scanner to stop hacks? or are you saying thats like a big "see this i can hack your butt flag", just as the heavy disruptors are a kick your butt flag? they are sweet by the way ive very happy with my 3, id been even happier with 4 :)

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:45 pm

cloaks make it so that you may never show up on another player's scan, so they won't be able to see you to hack. Also, cloak is factored into preventing hacks as well.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2