View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 deck add bug 

I recently jumped a level and noticed my deck space 259/249 and wasn't allowed to add on weapons or anything. I then took off a gun to see if it'd free space and now my total deck space has been reduced to 249....please rectify and give me the proper deck space so I can properly modify my ship.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:15 am

My guess is the extra 10 decks used is due to the reward from the recent mission - the jammer. It installs, ignoring your deck space. Perhaps make module rewards are stored in cargo rather than installed automatically (something like opening radiant weapon locker...)

Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:43 am

This is cuased by repairing (sometimes) or gaining a mission item when you have some extra space but not enough to actually fit the repaired item or mission item. It is a bug but you dont loose deckspace its just that the game didnt realize that by auto equipping that item you would go over deck space, so you dont actually loose deck space you just have another thing equipped.

Now if you actually did loose deck space and its not the bug stated above then you need to contact dan and explain to him what happened.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:46 am

Thank you both. That explains what happened perfectly....recent mission items did affect it. Love this game!

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:37 pm

Dan,

I can verify this.
At first i tot its not a bug, but i purposely finished both the recent mission (tat red mission at the top where it gives u 2 good items <not disclosing HAHAHA>). Its proven.

I noticed it first when i had prejor scanners. Then it happened again when i had tat mech installed. Then for supercomputer and then every reward.

I supposed its Dan's way of ensuring your reward stays in your ship. Not very sure how to work ard this, but i do know tat i should not present a problem w/o suggestion for solutions......

Here's wat i let u think abt:
How about sending this as an artifact for installation? (IMO lousy suggestion, unless its not stealable or scrapable, then again, it still incurs space, unless its a 0 size artifact until installed onto ship, which then ppl exploit) Or perhaps, when reward is unlocked, it credits u X nos of "Special Credits" where u can "Purchase" / build special rewards item? And each of these items can onli be built an X nos of times.

Okie, 245am here, a lil bit of gibberishing.......

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:45 pm

odiewoof wrote:
Dan,

I can verify this.
At first i tot its not a bug, but i purposely finished both the recent mission (tat red mission at the top where it gives u 2 good items <not disclosing HAHAHA>). Its proven.

I noticed it first when i had prejor scanners. Then it happened again when i had tat mech installed. Then for supercomputer and then every reward.

I supposed its Dan's way of ensuring your reward stays in your ship. Not very sure how to work ard this, but i do know tat i should not present a problem w/o suggestion for solutions......

Here's wat i let u think abt:
How about sending this as an artifact for installation? (IMO lousy suggestion, unless its not stealable or scrapable, then again, it still incurs space, unless its a 0 size artifact until installed onto ship, which then ppl exploit) Or perhaps, when reward is unlocked, it credits u X nos of "Special Credits" where u can "Purchase" / build special rewards item? And each of these items can onli be built an X nos of times.

Okie, 245am here, a lil bit of gibberishing.......

just so you know, teir reward modules like the AI computer have no size or upkeep, so why would you ever want it to not auto-equip?

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:56 am

That behavior is completely intentional and by design. We should be thankful Dan lets us keep our modules equipped even if we don't have space, the other option would be to automatically uninstall modules when you're over capacity.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]