View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Planet Attack Issue 

Attacked a planet last evening @ approximately 9:20 PM CST. After about 20 attacks, I brought the population below 10 and the attack button grayed. Would NOT let me Colonize the planet, A timer started indicating I must WAIT 24 hours to Invade, even though I refreshed the screen. This morning the Planet is still in enemy hands and the Colony is back to FULL STRENGTH, but I can NOT see the timer any more. I tried the browser refresh & then depressed the F5 function key as indicated in another post. What is the problem?
:?

Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:08 pm

Perhaps you accidentally clicked invade and failed, thus the timer. Is it still greyed without the timer? Try hovering your mouse over it to see if there is any tool tip...
Also, you cannot invade if your planet limit is reached

Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Have the red " ATTACK PLANET " button back again. When I tried , something & don't recall the action, received a message that I needed more credits. Got more credits performed the action, & I believe thats when the timer started. I had my limit of planets & decolonized a small one to colonize this larger & richer one. Hovered on the PLANET page as well as well as the PLANET ATTACK page, no tools message, only the enemy owner indicated.
:)

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Perhaps you missed the message that invasion failed. Perhaps if possible post your attack stat and the planet att+Def and also check if it has any invasion defense structures.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Perhaps ALL FB games are Intentionally Developed & Created to Leach customer Money via LACK of proper Instructions!
;)

Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:12 pm

Never had an issue with planet invasions. But towards your leech comment... you don't HAVE to pay for anything. It is your choice to donate to the gamemasters.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:31 pm

Everyone fails invasions. Think of the real world. In armed conflict there is no guarantee of victory, especially with invasions. I doubt you would like it if someone invaded your planets and it was a cakewalk. I guess its unfortunate that the invasion button replaces the attack button and that you clicked too fast. If you want to learn by rushing through something, then you're going to learn the hard way. If this game had no intricacies to learn, it would be called "click the button" and you would have won. These people are trying to help you out.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:45 pm

ya you failed an invasion, that happens pretty often if you dont over power the planet completely.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:21 pm

I have heard of loosing an invasion because of inferior attack or defense power, equipment, troops, etc., but NEVER lack of credits. This indicates I was supposedly trying to buy the invasion, as opposed to battling it.
:o

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:29 pm

Think of it this way, you pay for troops to land on the planet to take the buildings, plus you are paying the amount needed to settle people on the planet. If you do not have the cash to that then you fail. Yes your ship does a lot of the work, but you pay for people to live and help with the take over.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:39 pm

Invasion costs 2x as much as colonizing(You dont have to pay if you fail).

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:58 pm

" pay for troops to land on the planet to take the buildings, plus you are paying the amount needed to settle people on the planet "

Troops, whether Regular Army or Mercenaries, normally get paid a salary whether training, defending, invading, occupying, etc. IMHO, this should be part of normal "UPKEEP ".

Troops get paid the same regardless, but the cost to transport supplies, cost of attack itself, cleanup of damage you made, cost of the PR campaign you have to start to make the newly invaded people like you. Believe me invasion and war COSTS

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:08 am

integrityseeks wrote:
" pay for troops to land on the planet to take the buildings, plus you are paying the amount needed to settle people on the planet "

Troops, whether Regular Army or Mercenaries, normally get paid a salary whether training, defending, invading, occupying, etc. IMHO, this should be part of normal "UPKEEP ".

well it takes double time to kill the remaining soldiers there then to just settle it so there ya go

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]