View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 (this is an issue on forums) 

Did Dan change the smilies recently? They all look different, is it something in my settings? I liked the way they looked before.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:39 am

The smilies were updated so their borders would no longer be pixelated. ( Thanks Matress_of_evil! )
:mrgreen:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:35 am

I sent Dan a PM about the emoticons yesterday. I'm an admin for a Star Trek gaming website, (Check my signature or click Here) and we use the same emoticon set...sort of. Our forums have been going for about seven years now, and we had to upgrade from phpbb2 a while back. When the forums updated, so did the emoticons (To the same ones that the Galaxy Legion forums currently use). The "new and improved" emoticons had white pixellated borders though, where whoever created them, hadn't set the transparencies right. Since they're the default emoticons for all phpbb3 forums, most phpbb forums have the same pixellated emoticons problem.

So I edited the images in M$ Paint and fixed them. People on our forums still didn't like the emoticons though, so we reverted to the old ones. We make backups of everything lol. In fact, i've even made a few new ones for our forums since then, such as a Love one, a Censored one, three different versions of a Thumbs Up one, and a Gripe one.

So i've now got both fixed versions of your existing emoticons, and an expanded list of the old-style emoticons. When I say old-style, I mean Image instead of Image.

I sent Dan the PM offering him a copy of the emoticons I had, since the white pixels don't look very...professional. He accepted, and I sent him a copy of our fixed, old-style emoticons. So they are different, but they included the new ones that I mentioned above as well. If people just want to keep the existing emoticons (But also want fixed versions) then I can send those to Dan instead. It looks like Dan has temorarly reverted the emoticons though because I forgot to include the geek and ugeek emoticons. Those are in a PM to him now.

Oh, and if you're not sure what we mean by pixellated borders, then here's a before and after to compare: :D Image

My folding@home stats :)

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]