View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Unusual planet invasion results 

I have been trying for a while to capture a nice planet from an inactive player. The invasion result report says that I have a 90% chance of success, and yet I have failed six days in a row so far. I know that random number generators can be streaky, so I'm not terribly worried about that too much. However, my result today was rather upsetting:

Quote:
Invasion critically failed!! One of your crew was killed during the invasion attempt!
You had a 90% chance of success

If there is almost no defense on the planet, no attack at all, and I vastly overpower the planet with my attack and defense, why do I not only fail repeatedly, but also lose a crew member that can't be replaced? :(

Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:47 pm

Yeoman Smith wrote:
Invasion critically failed!! One of your crew was killed during the invasion attempt!You had a 90% chance of success

I Didn't know you can lose a crew member...
Yeoman Smith wrote:
The invasion result report says that I have a 90% chance of success, and yet I have failed six days in a row so far.

Really? That must be EXTREMELY unlucky. Or there is a problem with the invasion system...

Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:52 pm

I didn't know it was possible to lose a crew member that way either. But since it apparently is, I guess I'll just never attempt an invasion again, even on completely undefended planets...

Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:23 pm

Actually I would like this confirmed. This is the first time I have heard it ever happen. Are there any crew members missing?

Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:18 pm

I honestly don't know exactly how many Tactical Officers and Helmsmen I had since I have picked up a few from artifacts, and I added a few with rank points when I was just starting (before I knew better) so I don't know if any are actually missing or not. My Engineers and Scientists did not change.

edit: Do the artifacts that add Tactical Officers and Helmsmen always give two? I can't remember for sure. If so, then I did lose a Tactical Officer since I have an odd number of them now, and I have not ever raided anyone so I would not have lost any that way.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Android Helmsman gives +3 defense crew, and Android Scientist gives +4 research crew. (this may give strange crew amounts as a rank can be spent for 2 helmsmen or 3 scientists)

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:38 pm

:O

well dude ... Use a mutagenic cartdridge :D

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:47 pm

Zhorgul wrote:
:O

well dude ... Use a mutagenic cartdridge :D

As I said in the first post, I was already getting 90% invasion chance on that planet. I simply had bad luck. A Mutagenic Cartridge won't change that in any way since 90% is the maximum possible.

Again, the invasion failures aren't the issue. Losing a crew member on a failure is the point of this thread. It may be a recent change, or something that has been in place and I was the unlucky one to "find" it first. Either way, it would be nice to know from Dan if this is intentional (hopefully a VERY slight chance) or if I ran into a bug.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:58 pm

Yes, 1 in 20 invasion failures will result in crew loss. It shouldn't happen that often.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks for the clarification, Dan. It's always good to have an answer from someone who knows for sure! :)

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]