View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Research 

My research has stopped increasing in value. I suspected it over an hour ago but this hour I watched the timer reset to an hour & did NOT see my hourly production added to the total. How long this has occured, I do not know.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:56 pm

you can only store SO much research... hold your mouse over the research icon below the amount of money you have and it will say how much you can store.... if you are at that MAX amount... then you will no longer gain any research points until you use your research... that is the point in haveing to log in every so often....

You do NOT need to have ALL the research points saved up in order to research an item... so if an item costs 10,000 research to finish.. and you only have 3,500... you CAN research into it anyway and it will say you need 6,500 more points to finish.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:03 pm

Cloesdaddy wrote:
you can only store SO much research... hold your mouse over the research icon below the amount of money you have and it will say how much you can store.... if you are at that MAX amount... then you will no longer gain any research points until you use your research... that is the point in haveing to log in every so often....

You do NOT need to have ALL the research points saved up in order to research an item... so if an item costs 10,000 research to finish.. and you only have 3,500... you CAN research into it anyway and it will say you need 6,500 more points to finish.

Thx, I seem to learn something new about this game every day. Did I loose the research points that I accumulated after I hit 6900 ? I can't really tell now because unfortunately I wasn't paying attention.

BTW: Thanks to you I now know what Banking research means, so thanks again !

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:18 pm

Yes, I highly suggest you to use research points everytime you log in into any tech tree to keep your banked research at 0 to avoid being hacked to be drained because if you got 0 in the bank, hackers can't steal other than planet information..

Banked research point cap was placed to prevent inactive players from accumulating too much research points and upgrade their tech too advanced for their rank level. It also encourages players to log in regularly to use it.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]