View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 New high-ranked NPC's. 1200+. 

Hello.

So, I think it's been a while since we've had any new NPC's added to the game that wasn't related to LM's. So here are a few of my suggestions.
This particular post is mainly aimed at adding new very high-ranked NPC's, as more and more people are reaching remarkably high ranks.

As always, with all my posts, numbers and details are open for discussion. If you have ides for changes or improvements, feel free to comment them.

T.O. Hyper-base
The latest and most powerful force employed by the Terran Outsiders. The T.O. Hyper-base is one of the most heavily defended structures in the galaxy
Rank 1800 Enemy Base.
3.200.000 Shields.
2.200.000 Hull.
Enemy Type Boss 10
Visibility 1500 - 9000.
Abilities T.O. Pulse Beam (Reduces targets Defense and Attack by 25% each and drains 100 energy. Stacks)
Energy Surge. (Infuses it's weapons with massive amounts of energy, doubling its attack)
T.O Hyper-charge. (Passive ability. Shields automatically recharge - x%/minute) Immune to IMI.
Attack 68.000.
Defense 92.000.
Rewards: T.O. Hyper-charged Omnipulser: Replaces the T.O. Harmonic TeraPulser. Size: 11, Shield +120. Decreases charging time by 16 seconds.
T.O. Targeted amplifier: Permanently increases your shields by 100, or your bases shields by 200.
Hyper-Base Fortress: Planet Structure: Size 2, Mining +1, Arti +3, Research +2, Pop +400. Bonus: +600 attack & defense for each one you have placed on planets, up to a maximum multiplier of 6. (+3600 attack and defense)
Expires in 24 hours.

Dark Galactic Command Fortress.
The Dark Smugglers Guild use these monstrous structures to communicate with their operatives throughout the galaxy. It utilizes some of the most advanced defensive and offensive technology available to protect the secrets of the Smugglers guild.
Rank 1600 Enemy Base.
1.600.000 Shields.
3.050.000 Hull.
Enemy Type Boss 12
Visibility 1.400 - 8.500.
Abilities Dark Overcharge (Overcharges its Defensive Grids increasing its defense by 40%) Dark Nullify (Reduces your attack by 25%)
Dark Repair Bot Launch (First becomes available when shields are down) (releases swarms of dark-repair bots that will automatically repair its hull over time. x%/minute. Visible in effects tab.) (Removed by using the *Disperse Repair-bots* Button in the actions tab for 1.000 energy. 30 sec. cool-down on button, 30 min. cool-down per player.) Immune to IMI.
Immune to IMI.
Attack 102.000
Defense 84.000.
Rewards: Dark Command-Flux Beacon Upgrade (Upgrades a Dark Null Beacon, doubling all its bonuses and adding +5% cloak )
Dark Galactic Warp Engine. (Size 32, Defense +360. Ability +9% defense for 1 hour, 20 hour CD. Replaces Dark Void Engine.)
Dark Smugglers Cache. (We all know this one)
Expires in 24 hours.

This next one I think I've suggested something similar to before, but I think it's about time we get to see the RSL Siege Cannon Upgrade.
After all: "These models are being tested by the RSL and are still in the experimentation phase"
So, I present to you:

RSL Siege Cannon, MK II. (Eventually there could be a MK III, and even IV.)
After years of hard work the RSL Siege Cannons have finally been taken out of the prototype stage. They are now more powerful than ever, and a serious threat to anyone who would dare fight one.
Rank 1000 Enemy Elite.
1.260.000 Shields.
520.000 Hull.
Enemy Type Elite 5.
Visibility 1.200 - 7.500.
Abilities Siege War Charge. (Increases its Attack and Defense by 50% each for 15 minutes)
Siege Cannon Discharge. (Will sometimes channel vast amounts of energy from it's main capacitors, into its main weapon, then discharging the energy to deal massive damage.) (Randomly between, for example, 5-15% of your total hull+shield)
Siege Disruption. (Disrupts your weapons systems, temporarily lowering your attack by 50%) Immune to IMI.
Attack 132.000.
Defense 60.000.
Rewards: Siege War-engines: Ship-mod: Size: 26, Attack +220, Defense +180, Hull +380. Ability: Siege War Call. Choice to increase attack against NPC's by 15% or attack against bases by 10%. Both last 4 hours. Neither can be removed. Max 3 per ship.
Siege War-Forge: Planet Structure: Size: 2, Mining +3, Arti +3, Attack +50%. When first built, choose an additional bonus of either +30% defense, or +50% pop and +1 arti. 2 per planet.
Rescued Prisoners of War: 500 energy to use, grants +12 Rank points, +16 Tactical Officers, +16 Helmsmen and +8 Engineers.
Expires in 12 hours.

Sha'din Warp-Grid Station.
This is the most powerful structure in the known universe. It is a nigh-impenetrable Base designed for one single purpose. To destroy everything it faces.
Rank 2000 Enemy Base.
4.460.000 Shields.
3.280.000 Hull.
Enemy Type Elite 12.
Visibility 1.800 - 9.500.
Abilities Sha'din Overshock (Lowers your defense by 50% for 30 minutes)
Sha'din Energy-Surge (will infuse it's systems with large amounts of Dark-Matter, increasing defense and attack by 25% for 30 minutes)
Sha'din Energy Siphon. (Passive ability. Siphons off energy from nearby stars to regenerate shields over time. x%/min)
Sha'din Disruption. (Fires off a blast of energy that disrupts your weapons, lowering your attack by 90% for 30 minutes. Must be cleared in the actions tab, using the button *Exotic Clearance* Costing 500 energy and 2.500 EM. Cool-down is 2 minutes. Clears everyone but yourself.) Immune to IMI
Attack 102.400.
Defense 108.600.
Rewards: Warp-Grid Network: Planet Structure: Size: 1, +5 research, +2 Arti, +600 defense & attack, +15% defense. Choice of either +3% production or +6% cloak.
Sha'din Megavoider: Ship Mod: Size: 34, Defense 420, +1% passive defense. Ability: +6% Defense against NPC/PVP/Bases. You choose. (20 hour cool-down) Replaces Forcevoider.
Warp-Grid base schematics. Usable arti: Changes your bases appearance to that of the War-Grid. Also permanently adds +200 attack and +150 defense to your base.
Expires in 24 hours.

That's about all I got for this time. Let me know what you think.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:19 pm

+1 to all of them. Maybe roll out a Drannik +1200 NPC as well. Upgrade those ion cannons. Some of the stuff might be OP but we could have a way to disable certain abilities like with the Scruuge and Lepus bases.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:32 pm

Sereomontis wrote:
T.O. Targeted amplifier: Permanently increases your shields by 100, or your bases shields by 200.
I think those numbers are backwards.

Rewards: Dark Command-Flux Beacon Upgrade (Upgrades a Dark Null Beacon, doubling all its bonuses and adding +5% cloak )
Should Place a Dark Null Beacon or if one already placed - upgrade it to those stats. (remember Anti-beacons have a limit and you'll eventually run out of them to upgrade.)

Rewards: Siege War-engines: Ship-mod: Size: 26, Attack +220, Defense +180, Hull +380. Ability: Siege War Call. Choice to increase attack against NPC's by 15% or attack against bases by 10%. Both last 4 hours. Neither can be removed. Max 3 per ship.
Too long of a buff for base attacks. NPC time is fine, but maybe 15 minutes for base.

Siege War-Forge: Planet Structure: Size: 2, Mining +3, Arti +3, Attack +50%. When first built, choose an additional bonus of either +30% defense, or +50% pop and +1 arti. 2 per planet.
seems very OP but is it %30 def, %50 Pop, OR +1 arti or is pop and arti together? Either way, I think it should be Choose -30% def or -50% pop or -1 arti (or if you had it as pop and arti together that could be the choice)

Rescued Prisoners of War: 500 energy to use, grants +12 Rank points, +16 Tactical Officers, +16 Helmsmen and +8 Engineers.
Considering Stryll captives are 500 energy and only 6 rank points, might want to bump this to 5k energy.

Rewards: Warp-Grid Network: Planet Structure: Size: 1, +5 research, +2 Arti, +600 defense & attack, +15% defense. Choice of either +3% production or +6% cloak.
Reapeatable structures with cloak % and 2x arti are just too OP.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:58 pm

Sereomontis wrote:
The Dark Smugglers Guild use these monstrous structures to communicate with their operatives throughout the galaxy. It utilizes some of the most advanced defensive and offensive technology available to protect the secrets of the Smugglers guild.
Rank 1600 Enemy Base.
1.600.000 Shields.
3.050.000 Hull.
1,000,000 health: Dark nanite port
Enemy Type Boss 12
Abilities Dark Overcharge (Overcharges its Defensive Grids increasing its defense by 40%) Dark Nullify (Reduces your attack by 25%)
Dark Repair Bot Launch (releases swarms of dark-repair bots that will automatically repair its hull over time. x%/minute. Visible in effects tab.) (Removed by using Destroying the dark nanite port)
Dark sheilding, Dark nanite port is protected from targeting untill sheilds are down
Immune to IMI.
Immune to IMI.
Attack 102.000
Defense 84.000.
Dark Galactic Warp Engine. (Size 32, Defense +360. Ability +9% defense for 1 hour, 20 hour CD. Replaces Dark Void Engine.)
Expires in 24 hours.

This next one I think I've suggested something similar to before, but I think it's about time we get to see the RSL Siege Cannon Upgrade.
After all: "These models are being tested by the RSL and are still in the experimentation phase"
So, I present to you:

After years of hard work the RSL Siege Cannons have finally been taken out of the prototype stage. They are now more powerful than ever, and a serious threat to anyone who would dare fight one.
Rank 1000 Enemy Elite.
1.260.000 Shields.
520.000 Hull.
Enemy Type Elite 5.
Abilities Siege War Charge. (Increases its Attack and Defense by 50% each for 15 minutes)
Siege Cannon Discharge. (Will sometimes channel vast amounts of energy from it's main capacitors, into its main weapon, then discharging the energy to deal massive damage.) (Randomly between, for example, 5-15% of your total hull+shield)
Siege Disruption. (Disrupts your weapons systems, temporarily lowering your attack by 50%)
Immune to IMI.
Attack 132.000.
Defense 60.000.
Rewards: Siege War-engines: Upgradeable Ship-mod: Bases stats Size: 26, Attack +100, Defense +100, Hull +200. Each addition use upgrades this mod by 20%, When at 200% the ability 'Siege war call is unlocked', This mod never stops upgrading. Ability: Siege War Call. Choice to increase attack against NPC's by 15% or attack against bases by 10%. Both last 5 minuets, my thinking is that these should be short timer and used when trying to smash on of these npcs or as soon as a tough base goes ffa ( Neither can be removed, calldown of 1 hour.
Siege War-Forge: Planet Structure: Size: 2, Mining +3, Arti +3, Attack +30%. When first built, choose an additional bonus of either +10% defense, +10% pop or + 20% attack and +1 arti. 1 per planet.
Rescued Prisoners of War: Grants +12 Rank points or +16 Tactical Officers or +16 Helmsmen or +8 Engineers at random when opened
Expires in 12 hours.

Sha'din Solidarity Station.
Utilising hacked blueprints from the Bralkir clan, the Rouge science league, The terranian outsiders, The dark smugglers, the styrll and The Lazuli Syndicate this base implements the most advanced technology found throughout the galaxy. It is a nigh-impenetrable Base designed to give the Sha'din coalition complete command of the galactic sector
Rank 2000 Enemy Base.
2.460.000 Shields.
4.000.000 Hull.
Bralkir Pulse channel: 200,000 health
Styrll Pathogen Tubes: 200,000 health
T.O Shield core: 200,000 health
Rogue Science Thrusters: 500,000 health
Lazuli Nanite port: 500,000 health
Sha'din Disruption grid: 500,000 health
Enemy Type Elite 12.
Abilities
Bralkir cannon pulse: (May trigger a bralkir designed cannon to fire doing 40% of your hull+sheild as addition damage)
Warp Fuel Thrust: (May trigger a infusation of Warp fuel into the main engines, increasing defence by 1% for 30 minuets, stacks)
Stryl infection (will sometimes infect attacking ships, stealing 50 energy and lowering their attack by 50%, This effect stacks)
Lazuli nanites, May Fully Restore main hull when attacked
T.O Shield core - Provides complete imunity from damage to all Targetable moduels unless under the effect of Exotic pulse, This ability can be triggered by spending 1000 exotic matter and 500 energy, effect lasts 1 minuet.
Sha'din Disruption. (Fires off a blast of energy that disrupts your weapons, lowering your attack by 90% for 30 minutes. Must be cleared in the actions tab, using the button [color=#BF00FF]*Exotic Clearance*
Costing 500 energy and 2.500 EM. Cool-down is 2 minutes. Clears everyone but yourself.)
Each of these abilities can be removed by dissabling the targetable moduel
Immune to IMI[/color]
Attack 102.400.
Defense 108.600.
Sha'din Megavoider: Ship Mod: Size: 34, Defense 420, +1% passive defense. Ability: +6% Defense against NPC/PVP/Bases. You choose. (20 hour cool-down) Replaces Forcevoider.
Warp-Grid base schematics. Usable arti: Changes your bases appearance to that of the Warp-Grid. Also permanently adds +200 attack and +150 defense to your base.
Expires in 24 hours.

I made some edits on what I felt, personaly, would make the bosses more ballenced/just more interesting

Stark Tech Inside

Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Really good changes Peticks. +1

Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Chloron wrote:
Sereomontis wrote:
I think those numbers are backwards.
Yep, my mistake. Wasn't paying enough attention while I was doing it.

Should Place a Dark Null Beacon or if one already placed - upgrade it to those stats. (remember Anti-beacons have a limit and you'll eventually run out of them to upgrade.)
You are right of course.

Too long of a buff for base attacks. NPC time is fine, but maybe 15 minutes for base.
Another good point. 15 minutes is probably better.

seems very OP but is it %30 def, %50 Pop, OR +1 arti or is pop and arti together? Either way, I think it should be Choose -30% def or -50% pop or -1 arti (or if you had it as pop and arti together that could be the choice)
It was supposed to be +50% pop and +1 Arti, OR +30% defense. But it might be a bit OP.

Considering Stryll captives are 500 energy and only 6 rank points, might want to bump this to 5k energy.
You are right of course. I missed a 0 :P

Reapeatable structures with cloak % and 2x arti are just too OP.
Well, to some extent, they seem OP. Then you look at the thing you have to kill to get it and realize just how much work it's going to be.. Also, they are meant to be extremely rare, so it's not like people will be pulling 4-5 of them a day.

Some of them might seem OP, and I'd be inclined to agree with you, but:
1: Like I mentioned, all the numbers are open for discussion, so some of it will be OP, some of it will be far too weak.
2: Keep in mind the amount of effort that would go into killing these things.

Peticks wrote:
Sereomontis wrote:
Rank 1600 Enemy Base.
1.600.000 Shields.
3.050.000 Hull.
1,000,000 health: Dark nanite port
Enemy Type Boss 12
Dark Repair Bot Launch (releases swarms of dark-repair bots that will automatically repair its hull over time. x%/minute. Visible in effects tab.) (Removed by using Destroying the dark nanite port)
Dark sheilding, Dark nanite port is protected from targeting untill sheilds are down
Immune to IMI.
Immune to IMI.
Attack 102.000
Defense 84.000.
Expires in 24 hours.

So, I present to you:

Rank 1000 Enemy Elite.
1.260.000 Shields.
520.000 Hull.
Enemy Type Elite 5.
Siege Disruption. (Disrupts your weapons systems, temporarily lowering your attack by 50%)
Immune to IMI.
Attack 132.000.
Defense 60.000.
Rewards: Siege War-engines: Upgradeable Ship-mod: Bases stats Size: 26, Attack +100, Defense +100, Hull +200. Each addition use upgrades this mod by 20%, When at 200% the ability 'Siege war call is unlocked', This mod never stops upgrading. Ability: Siege War Call. Choice to increase attack against NPC's by 15% or attack against bases by 10%. Both last 5 minuets, my thinking is that these should be short timer and used when trying to smash on of these npcs or as soon as a tough base goes ffa ( Neither can be removed, calldown of 1 hour.
Siege War-Forge: Planet Structure: Size: 2, Mining +3, Arti +3, Attack +30%. When first built, choose an additional bonus of either +10% defense, +10% pop or + 20% attack and +1 arti. 1 per planet.
Rescued Prisoners of War: Grants +12 Rank points or +16 Tactical Officers or +16 Helmsmen or +8 Engineers at random when opened All the stuff I had on it may seem OP, but it's really only 32 Rank points worth of stuff, and at ranks 1200+ that's not exactly a lot. Also, it's not that much compared to the amount of effort it would take to kill the thing.
Expires in 12 hours.

Sha'din Solidarity Station.
Utilising hacked blueprints from the Bralkir clan, the Rouge science league, The terranian outsiders, The dark smugglers, the styrll and The Lazuli Syndicate this base implements the most advanced technology found throughout the galaxy. It is a nigh-impenetrable Base designed to give the Sha'din coalition complete command of the galactic sector
Rank 2000 Enemy Base.
2.460.000 Shields.
4.000.000 Hull.
Bralkir Pulse channel: 200,000 health
Styrll Pathogen Tubes: 200,000 health
T.O Shield core: 200,000 health
Rogue Science Thrusters: 500,000 health
Lazuli Nanite port: 500,000 health
Sha'din Disruption grid: 500,000 health
Enemy Type Elite 12.
Abilities
Bralkir cannon pulse: (May trigger a bralkir designed cannon to fire doing 40% of your hull+sheild as addition damage)
Warp Fuel Thrust: (May trigger a infusation of Warp fuel into the main engines, increasing defence by 1% for 30 minuets, stacks)
Stryl infection (will sometimes infect attacking ships, stealing 50 energy and lowering their attack by 50%, This effect stacks)
Lazuli nanites, May Fully Restore main hull when attacked
T.O Shield core - Provides complete imunity from damage to all Targetable moduels unless under the effect of Exotic pulse, This ability can be triggered by spending 1000 exotic matter and 500 energy, effect lasts 1 minuet.
Sha'din Disruption. (Fires off a blast of energy that disrupts your weapons, lowering your attack by 90% for 30 minutes. Must be cleared in the actions tab, using the button [color=#BF00FF]*Exotic Clearance*
Costing 500 energy and 2.500 EM. Cool-down is 2 minutes. Clears everyone but yourself.)
Each of these abilities can be removed by dissabling the targetable moduel
Immune to IMI[/color]
Attack 102.400.
Defense 108.600.
Warp-Grid base schematics. Usable arti: Changes your bases appearance to that of the Warp-Grid. Also permanently adds +200 attack and +150 defense to your base.
Expires in 24 hours.

I made some edits on what I felt, personaly, would make the bosses more ballenced/just more interesting

I like this. Interesting changes.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:53 pm

I hate that every new NPC ruins the one good thing about being Genetarr. How about being more selective on what and how it works against.

I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to IMI the attack boost on a Cluster but not IMI the swarm.

The current all or nothing approach really reduces the amount of races high levels choose to be.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:25 pm

ODragon wrote:
I hate that every new NPC ruins the one good thing about being Genetarr. How about being more selective on what and how it works against.

I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to IMI the attack boost on a Cluster but not IMI the swarm.

The current all or nothing approach really reduces the amount of races high levels choose to be.

are you saying we should have a race that is you know good at what its ment to do. O.O im sorry but if you think the genetrr should be used to fight NPC's or some thing your in the wrong game.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:39 am

I like the npc ideas

+1

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:10 am

Some nice ideas in there for sure, most of the NPC's are way way overboard on the lock damage needed, but i'll stress on that later, but here are some thoughts:

I'll just point out a few negatives imo, based on the current outlook of this game as well as several other factors;

The use of EM in any way, shape or form for a dispersing cost is not a good idea. LM's are sucking this up at an enormous amount, and whilst at the moment there is a bountiful supply of EM available within legions, that will not last forever, especially if the higher ranks, who often lend out EM to legionmates, are losing 100k EM a day.

The NPC already has a lock amount of 645k, having seen the proc rate for the Silthion Cluster Swarm Effect, each of these Sha'din Warp Grid Stations could potentially cost a player as much as 100k EM, which imo is a low guesstimation of the true amount.

The defenses would likely be 4x as high as those of a Hive Cluster, and the lock damage is twice as much as that of a Hive Cluster too. Then we have the limited rank visibility, meaning that in all likelyhood players will be required to do at least 1/3 of the lock themselves.

------------------------------------------

The T.O. Hyper-Base ability, T.O. Pulse Beam (Reduces targets Defense and Attack by 25% each and drains 100 energy. Stacks), is overpowered.

With a lock amount of 550k damage, odds are that this will proc at least 10-20 times during a lock, which is ofc 10 cages minimum and 1k energy gone, not including the costs involved with locking the elite, as well as baring in mind that most legions would need to double up on the damage needed.

Now, that said, i'm not going to poo-poo an idea without a counter-idea. I would suggest an ability which targets your ship, and lowers your atk/def by 25% for the duration that the NPC is alive. Non-stackable.

------------------

Overall there are some really good ideas here, but you don't have to make the NPC's brick$hithouses to lock, or have them with assassination abilities that make it cost you your entire em supply for the week, or have to use 4k+ energy to lock.

Ideally no new NPC should require more than 300k damage to lock, and should be capable of being locked by anyone rank 1k+ if people are adamant on having some new Elites.

Also, and i hate to stress this, as i myself suggested around 5 or so ideas akin to this a year or more ago, what we need at the moment are more common/uncommon/rare NPC's, not more Elites.

It would be great to see Kelethor Scout Ships that could drop Apertures/Schematics, or a Silthion Hybrid Queen that dropped Sacs(3x100, so regular sacs) & Hybrid Vesicle's.

I would love to see new elites eventually, but i really do think we need more NPC dilution first. Mostly because with new NPC's can come a greater ease to get Dark Badges, new ways to obtain more Exotic Matter and CTP, perhaps even ways to obtain Uldrinian Credits(ex.rare drops) without having to be Uldrinian Race.

Plus on a purely selfish note, more NPC dilution would mean that Dan can finally get around to changing the role that the Dark Mass Carrier plays at rank 2200, which he said he would consider once the NPC pool was more diluted(which he has yet to do).

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:50 am

kirkeastment wrote:
Some nice ideas in there for sure, most of the NPC's are way way overboard on the lock damage needed, but i'll stress on that later, but here are some thoughts:

I'll just point out a few negatives imo, based on the current outlook of this game as well as several other factors;

The use of EM in any way, shape or form for a dispersing cost is not a good idea. LM's are sucking this up at an enormous amount, and whilst at the moment there is a bountiful supply of EM available within legions, that will not last forever, especially if the higher ranks, who often lend out EM to legionmates, are losing 100k EM a day.

The NPC already has a lock amount of 645k, having seen the proc rate for the Silthion Cluster Swarm Effect, each of these Sha'din Warp Grid Stations could potentially cost a player as much as 100k EM, which imo is a low guesstimation of the true amount.

The defenses would likely be 4x as high as those of a Hive Cluster, and the lock damage is twice as much as that of a Hive Cluster too. Then we have the limited rank visibility, meaning that in all likelyhood players will be required to do at least 1/3 of the lock themselves.

------------------------------------------

The T.O. Hyper-Base ability, T.O. Pulse Beam (Reduces targets Defense and Attack by 25% each and drains 100 energy. Stacks), is overpowered.

With a lock amount of 550k damage, odds are that this will proc at least 10-20 times during a lock, which is ofc 10 cages minimum and 1k energy gone, not including the costs involved with locking the elite, as well as baring in mind that most legions would need to double up on the damage needed.

Now, that said, i'm not going to poo-poo an idea without a counter-idea. I would suggest an ability which targets your ship, and lowers your atk/def by 25% for the duration that the NPC is alive. Non-stackable.

------------------

Overall there are some really good ideas here, but you don't have to make the NPC's brick$hithouses to lock, or have them with assassination abilities that make it cost you your entire em supply for the week, or have to use 4k+ energy to lock.

Ideally no new NPC should require more than 300k damage to lock, and should be capable of being locked by anyone rank 1k+ if people are adamant on having some new Elites.

Also, and i hate to stress this, as i myself suggested around 5 or so ideas akin to this a year or more ago, what we need at the moment are more common/uncommon/rare NPC's, not more Elites.

It would be great to see Kelethor Scout Ships that could drop Apertures/Schematics, or a Silthion Hybrid Queen that dropped Sacs(3x100, so regular sacs) & Hybrid Vesicle's.

I would love to see new elites eventually, but i really do think we need more NPC dilution first. Mostly because with new NPC's can come a greater ease to get Dark Badges, new ways to obtain more Exotic Matter and CTP, perhaps even ways to obtain Uldrinian Credits(ex.rare drops) without having to be Uldrinian Race.

Plus on a purely selfish note, more NPC dilution would mean that Dan can finally get around to changing the role that the Dark Mass Carrier plays at rank 2200, which he said he would consider once the NPC pool was more diluted(which he has yet to do).

Yeah, some of them are a bit too tough right now, but the main idea behind this is to create something that will still be a challenge a year from now.
And the EM thing I kinda agree with you on. Though it could depend on the rarity of the proc. If it procs only every 300-500 hits, it won't be that bad.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:18 am

Sereomontis wrote:
Yeah, some of them are a bit too tough right now, but the main idea behind this is to create something that will still be a challenge a year from now.
And the EM thing I kinda agree with you on. Though it could depend on the rarity of the proc. If it procs only every 300-500 hits, it won't be that bad.

Yep, totally know where you're coming from, something with a kick with longevity too.

If the proc rate was low enough it wouldn't be too bad.

Overall there are some good idea's here. Perhaps if any are picked up, it is likely to be a while before they are implemented anyway, so they may work much better by that time. :)

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:26 am

Creating more shared NPC's will cause more of us to leave legions with a mix of players to go to legions with all very high ranked players. I would think Dan would want me and others of high ranks to stay in legions that have a mix of ranked players.
I would much more prefer seeing just more, different, better NPC's replacing those we do not see any more because we rank up.
ie a normal (but hard) NPC's with better artifact drops.
How about Dan creates another NPC that will drop the QE? Personally I wonder after killing over 100 TO Troop Carriers if I'll ever see a QE. My experience does not match the expected drop rate according to the wiki.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:13 pm

BrianGameAcct wrote:
Creating more shared NPC's will cause more of us to leave legions with a mix of players to go to legions with all very high ranked players. I would think Dan would want me and others of high ranks to stay in legions that have a mix of ranked players.
I would much more prefer seeing just more, different, better NPC's replacing those we do not see any more because we rank up.
How about Dan creates another NPC that will drop the QE? Personally I wonder after killing over 100 TO Troop Carriers if I'll ever see a QE. My experience does not match the expected drop rate according to the wiki.

You raise several good points. We do need more regular, non-sharable NPC's. And as of right now, only a few people in the top legions will be able to see any of these bosses.
And I don't know about your statistics for NPC's killed compared to QSE's recieved, but I'm at 210K+ NPC kills and have gotten 6 of them. I know someone with 200K kills who has gotten 14.. So that's all about the luck of the draw.

What I'm trying to do, is make something that will last. A year or two years or even three years from now, these things will still be tough, and in that time, more and more people will hit the ranks required to see them.

"Creating more shared NPC's will cause more of us to leave legions with a mix of players to go to legions with all very high ranked players."
This could have been said back when Hyperports came out. Go back 2.5-3 years, and only a handful of legions had 10+ players over rank 600. Same could be said, to a more limited degree mind you, of the Warp Stations.
Possibly also DCN's and Hypergrids when they first were released, though I don't remember that far back :P

Like I said, I'm trying to come up with ideas that will be valid for a long time, not just something that will seem tough for the first couple of months, and then everyone gets used to them and suddenly they aren't that hard anymore.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:22 pm

BrianGameAcct wrote:

would be cool.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]