View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Enhancements, Improvements, Additions to better PVP 

Ok, Along with the already numerous suggestions, ideas etc to make pvp here better (not going to go into those here), here's another Idea.. Add drops to pvp kills / raids / hacks, I will outline below:

Disables:
Scavenged / Scrap Parts + Red Badge for killing player

New Loot Item - Drops same as items would from an npc when a players ship has been Disabled, "Your crew scavenges the surrounding space looking for spare parts". Upon disabled a random number of module parts are collected by the attacker. Each module (excluding GP purchased & LM modules and maybe some others) would have a set # of pieces required to make. For example:

• "Scavenged Dominion Cannon MK3 part", collect X# (maybe 30?) of these to create a Dominion Cannon MK 3 (Dominion Cannon MK 3 Schematic Required)
  • "Scavenged Heavy Theta Cannon part"
  • "Scavenged CK69 Assault Sentry Part"
  • Etc.

Basically Any module (other than the before mentioned) would have pieces that could drop, you would collect these parts until you had enough of them and then you could 'build the module' using the parts and the schematics (covered under hacking, see below).

The parts that would/could drop would ONLY be of types that the ship destroyed had (installed or uninstalled), so a ship that only had Dom II cannons could not drop Dom Cannon III parts and so on...

So upon killing a player you might receive 6 parts, 1 of each different type of module, or 2 for the same, etc. # dropped can be higher or lower and of course be a RNG determination
---------------------------------------------
Raids:
Captured Prisoners / Raided Cargo + Yellow Badge (raids)

New Loot Item(s) - Obtained by Raiding a disabled / destroyed ship (life pods ? cargo?). A couple suggestions
  • Imprisoned Crew Member (type) - each one adds 1 crew member to that type, helmsmen, Tactical Officer, Scientist, etc
  • Raided Cargo - Random Number of Artifacts gained determined from a list of ONLY what the player has in their cargo at the time.
  • or Raided Cargo Crate - contains a random # of any artifact that you can normally collect from AP pulls.
-----------------------------------------------
Hacking
Hacked Schematics + Blue Badge

On a successful hack player has a random chance to hack a ship module schematic. Now, why do we need these? we have always 'purchased' our modules for our ships, either using badges, credits and resources, etc. Now we need to know how to build/rebuild them. So drops would be something like "Dominion Cannon Mk III Schematic", "Heavy Quasi Chaotic Blaster Schematic", "Cipher Bot Schematic" etc, etc the list goes on and on.

Schematics allow you to build ship modules using the parts you have scavenged (under disable) to build that specific module. (limitations to what can be installed still apply. And the built versions function just the same as the bought ones.

Basically you have to hack the schematic to add it to your database and then you are able to build those types of modules.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Along the same concept of building already existing modules, new ones can be added as future content and this could be expanded on. Could it take less amount of time to get a certain module? yes if your very lucky with the RNG, it could also take longer to build a module than it would to get it otherwise. While this wouldn't matter nearly as much for 'researched' modules, it would come into play much more with the non-researched ones, or ones made unique to this system. It also means that someone might be able to build a module type that they have not researched yet, For example player A has only researched Theta cannons but finds the schematics for the Heavy Quasi cannons, now player A could build one of those, IF he found enough parts for it.

This is a rough draft so any thoughts, suggestions, ideas, constructive criticism is welcomed.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:18 pm

I liked the scavenged parts as it encurages people to pvp people who are more active pvpers. Might adjust the number higher for stuff but its a solid idea. (maybe also make it so these weapons ONLY effect your pvp attack instead of all types of attack)

Your not getting extra crew for raiding, not a chance in hell, its way to easy to icefish as it is, this only will make the practice will also promote mass raiding from people just to get more crew

your second raid option will NEVER happen that is what crit raids used to be, and SOOOO many people complained about it it wasn't funny. It was TERRABLE!

3ed one is a maybe, a random pullable artifact might be do able say only on crit raids though.

anything to make hacking better is IMO a good thing.

The last thought, frankly most of this stuff is not worth the effort to get it. Dom 3 (even the best double upgraded ones) are not that expensive in red badages.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:52 pm

So a generous high ranker could conceivably uninstall all their stuff, and let a rank 10 hack and disable them via planetshenanagins and said lowbie could get parts for tech/market stuff they normally wouldn't have access to?

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:55 pm
Profile WWW

It could be any Module, a CK69, a Cosmic Rail, Composit Ray, Tri blasters, any type of researched cannon, hull, shields, energy etc. It also opens the door for new items to be added that are only obtained this way.

As for crew members, well you can get "Rescued" prisoners to add to your crew without doing any rescuing.. why cant you take Prisoners and force them to work as well? and you actually had to do something for them other than just collect your ap.. And these wouldn't be gotten EVERY raid, but a chance to get them each raid, might be a low chance (most prefer to fight to the death defending the ship, etc).. but..

As for the artifacts from raiding, it wouldn't 'have' to take away from the players artifacts that they had in their cargo, but i dont see why it wouldnt..

The schematics from hacking would go hand and hand with the parts from disables. any other ideas of things that could be gotten from hacking would be great.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:01 pm

Chade wrote:
It could be any Module, a CK69, a Cosmic Rail, Composit Ray, Tri blasters, any type of researched cannon, hull, shields, energy etc. It also opens the door for new items to be added that are only obtained this way.

It opens the door for crazy abuse. There are limitations on those items for a reason.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:13 pm
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Chade wrote:

It opens the door for crazy abuse. There are limitations on those items for a reason.

Limitations would remain in place. Just have it so they can't be built unless you meet the requirements.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:31 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:
Chade wrote:

Limitations would remain in place. Just have it so they can't be built unless you meet the requirements.

Not much point then is there?

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:44 pm
Profile WWW

well, you have to disable to get the parts.. parts can be rare, random, etc.. it could take you 200 maybe 300 kills or more to assemble the parts for a specific module, plus you would have to hack hack hack to find the proper schematic. Once you have the schematic sure, if you have tons of parts you could build a bunch of modules at once.

the number of parts per module can and should vary depending on the module, for example (ill stick with Dom Cannons), it might take 10parts to build a Dominion Cannon, but take 40 parts to build a Auto-Blaster. and then lets say that you get 1 auto blaster part out of every 5 kills (being generous), your looking at around 200 kills to get the parts to build a single auto-blaster. Could it be done in less? sure, could it be done in more? of course, all depends on the RNG drop of the parts.

Maybe using items already gained with Badges isnt the best example and none of the numbers I throw out are set in stone, just random numbers off the top of my head...

It would give us another reason for pvp, instead of "OH YAY! I just spent 3 minutes going click click click click, oh a red badge, eh"..

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:52 pm

Ok, so the ship must already have something for the parts to drop. And you need "many" parts to drop at a less than 100% rate. Now, who exactly is going to be shooting people with X module? Other people that already have X module available to them via research or market.

I'm still not feelin it...

Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:21 pm
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Ok, so the ship must already have something for the parts to drop. And you need "many" parts to drop at a less than 100% rate. Now, who exactly is going to be shooting people with X module? Other people that already have X module available to them via research or market.

I'm still not feelin it...

If it cuts down the amount of yellow badges needed by even 1/4, perhaps it makes certain items more easily attainable.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:53 pm

Chade wrote:

As for crew members, well you can get "Rescued" prisoners to add to your crew without doing any rescuing.. why cant you take Prisoners and force them to work as well? and you actually had to do something for them other than just collect your ap.. And these wouldn't be gotten EVERY raid, but a chance to get them each raid, might be a low chance (most prefer to fight to the death defending the ship, etc).. but..

As for the artifacts from raiding, it wouldn't 'have' to take away from the players artifacts that they had in their cargo, but i dont see why it wouldnt..

The schematics from hacking would go hand and hand with the parts from disables. any other ideas of things that could be gotten from hacking would be great.

Your missing the point, even with the item NOT taken it only gets worse, sock up on mission dysons/terraformers/quasi's? Basicly someone pusts afew in stock in their ship, makes sure that they and stat up items are theo nly thing IN the ship and have their leagon disable raid them repeataly. Thats not even mentioning rifts. This is how old raids were done it upset ALOT of paying customers ALOT ALOT. how to put this delicately to you DAN WOULD LOSE MONEY putting this in place as people would not buy quasi/terraformers as often because they could be stolen. as for your crew, I would sure as hell stop "badaging" and start "multiraiding every single person I disabled " if I could get more crew for doing so. this is not inproving pvp this is just giving me more power for clicking more. Maybe MAYBE if it was only on people your rank and higher, who were the same combat teir or higher, only on a crit raid and only on the first raid on a given person, it MAY work. but otherwise its just going to make people multiraid

Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:35 pm

draxsiss wrote:
Chade wrote:

Your missing the point, even with the item NOT taken it only gets worse, sock up on mission dysons/terraformers/quasi's? Basicly someone pusts afew in stock in their ship, makes sure that they and stat up items are theo nly thing IN the ship and have their leagon disable raid them repeataly. Thats not even mentioning rifts. This is how old raids were done it upset ALOT of paying customers ALOT ALOT. how to put this delicately to you DAN WOULD LOSE MONEY putting this in place as people would not buy quasi/terraformers as often because they could be stolen. as for your crew, I would sure as hell stop "badaging" and start "multiraiding every single person I disabled " if I could get more crew for doing so. this is not inproving pvp this is just giving me more power for clicking more. Maybe MAYBE if it was only on people your rank and higher, who were the same combat teir or higher, only on a crit raid and only on the first raid on a given person, it MAY work. but otherwise its just going to make people multiraid

The Original Idea wasnt to have them 'stolen'.. they still would have kept what they had.. but now the raider has a chance to get arti's as well from the kill... a low % chance to gain some arti's, then a RNG of whatever arti's they had in their hold.

Also, I was actually thinking about that earlier.. with the idea of getting schematics from hacking and arti's from raiding, to keep people from abusing this and just hitting the same person over and over again, put a 6-12 hour timer on it.. you can not raid or hack the same person with in that time frame more than once.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Chade wrote:
draxsiss wrote:
Chade wrote:

The Original Idea wasnt to have them 'stolen'.. they still would have kept what they had.. but now the raider has a chance to get arti's as well from the kill... a low % chance to gain some arti's, then a RNG of whatever arti's they had in their hold.

Also, I was actually thinking about that earlier.. with the idea of getting schematics from hacking and arti's from raiding, to keep people from abusing this and just hitting the same person over and over again, put a 6-12 hour timer on it.. you can not raid or hack the same person with in that time frame more than once.

So, no zeroing someone for planet theft? Sounds like a really bad idea.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:20 pm

Plagueis wrote:

Really? because zeroing someone really hurts them?... eh, I mean, really what does it do? nothing, loose a few extra minerals, or some research points.. the ONLY danger is a crit hack and someone getting lucky and getting an great planet out of it but that could happen anyways.. that's it.. zeroing is no big deal (at least in my mind).. so you got that, but I walked away with a good planet.. more than a fair trade I would say..

Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Chade wrote:
Plagueis wrote:

Really? because zeroing someone really hurts them?... eh, I mean, really what does it do? nothing, loose a few extra minerals, or some research points.. the ONLY danger is a crit hack and someone getting lucky and getting an great planet out of it but that could happen anyways.. that's it.. zeroing is no big deal (at least in my mind).. so you got that, but I walked away with a good planet.. more than a fair trade I would say..

Nope zeroing someone doesnt really hurt them, but in this game its the only kick in the face you can really give someone that wrongs you, so no, putting a timer on raiding and hacking the same person is not a good idea.

I appreciate people who try to come up with ways to better PvP, just dont think anything in this thread does.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:10 pm

SpaceCaseAce wrote:
Chade wrote:
Plagueis wrote:

Nope zeroing someone doesnt really hurt them, but in this game its the only kick in the face you can really give someone that wrongs you, so no, putting a timer on raiding and hacking the same person is not a good idea.

I appreciate people who try to come up with ways to better PvP, just dont think anything in this thread does.

Honestly, it's not even a kick in the face, I steal a 15x planet, flux it, i get zeroed for it and they leave a message saying something like "Zeroed for planet theft".. I laugh, didn't do a thing to me but yet I walked away with a good planet.. If anything an idea for something that would be more consequential would be better..

As for the ideas in this thread, As I said, it was a 'rough' draft and open for suggestions and ideas to improve upon it, but it would give more incentive to pvp.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:47 pm

hate to be the stick in the mud about this but technicly isn't this why we have badages in the first place? to get these things that can only be got through pvp?

why not make it so that

you get an extra badage for beating someone your rank or higher,
you get an extra badage for each teir difference in combat reputation
you can NOT get any badages for beating anyone 2 teirs or more lower than your combat reputation.

so a laughable person beating an insain person of greater rank could get 8 badages per action, instead of 1.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:22 pm

draxsiss wrote:
hate to be the stick in the mud about this but technicly isn't this why we have badages in the first place? to get these things that can only be got through pvp?

why not make it so that

you can NOT get any badages for beating anyone 2 teirs or more lower than your combat reputation.

so a laughable person beating an insain person of greater rank could get 8 badages per action, instead of 1.

because for some there are no players higher ranked
because for some there are no higher tiered players
because for some, the few targets that are feasible to get badges from are 2 tiers lower(without spending 10k energy or debuffing the #&$# outta them)

I get where you're coming from, but it would be nice if there were a somewhat manageable way to obtain the new badge modules without having to badge the same 12 people every 12 hours, and make enemies, because those guys don't like it.

There's also the issue of having a player start from laughable, rebuild their ship to an awesome standard(easily doable at say rank 200) and then bam, in the time it could take to turn around a 500 death deficit to an insane rep earn 25k+ badges(?)

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:24 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
draxsiss wrote:

why not make it so that

because for some there are no players higher ranked
because for some there are no higher tiered players
because for some, the few targets that are feasible to get badges from are 2 tiers lower(without spending 10k energy or debuffing the #&$# outta them)

I get where you're coming from, but it would be nice if there were a somewhat manageable way to obtain the new badge modules without having to badge the same 12 people every 12 hours, and make enemies, because those guys don't like it.

There's also the issue of having a player start from laughable, rebuild their ship to an awesome standard(easily doable at say rank 200) and then bam, in the time it could take to turn around a 500 death deficit to an insane rep earn 25k+ badges(?)

While their may be a small minority of players who fall in to the first catagory, very few would be effected, For higher teired players they would a) Lose teir quickly as they are now more desireable targets alloing them to drop teir quickly and once again get more badages, b) would still get a badge as it is now, they would just not get EXTRA badages. for 3, that would change due to the system encuraging peopel to take down the higher teir, you can drop teirs.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:12 am

Almost everyone above Rank 800 is either Insane or Laughable, the ones 2 tiers below are almost non-existent.

My idea for improving PvP: build a better ship and PvP more.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next