View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Halc eating medal and new unlocked ability 

Ok, so for the many people who love to pvp and who obviously hate hitting halcs i have a couple of suggestions.

There are multiple examples of different medals for raids, hacks, kills, invasions, etc. There are also abilities and purchasable modules based on badge expediture. Allies develop from doing basic game concepts and unlocked abilities are acquired from time tempered efforts to excel in a given area.

Why not provide new options along the lines of traps?

Let's say for a debatable level of halcs tripped (say 5k, 8k, etc?) you could earn a medal. Something like "peace, whats that?", or some other cliche or pithy catch phrase. But one more medal, while another signet of prestige just doesn't do it for everyone. so....having set the table, let's say the medal unlocks an ability----'halc breaker' (again call it what you like). Usable with the average plain jane cooldown of 40 hours. Ability could do something like:

* Ignore halc traps for 10 minutes
* Allow user to disable halc trap on one ship
* Decrease halc protection

etc.

My preference would be ability for limited time span to ignore halcs. So you could 'hold' your reign of death for that right person, and blammo!!! or Kaboom as one of my esteemed friends would say. By limiting the time frame to do this, maybe adding a badge and/or e cost and the time between uses, i don't believe this would be op. I do think it would be fun and add one more sneaky aspect for players. Also by making the halcs tripped number sufficiently high, this would avoid (for some part) the overdevelopment for level ranks to have/use it.

I'm sure some people may poo-poo this, as unnecessary or silly...but hey it's a twist on what we got? I say why not?

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Yet another "I hate halcyons" suggestion... What we need is an incentive for people to not be able to use them. Stay tuned, I'm working on that and people are REALLY going to go crazy when they see what I have in mind.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:18 pm
Profile WWW

Leave halc's alone. part of the game, you think they are bad now, try back in the day when their was no "nonagressive action" deal on them, you could halc all day.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:03 pm

I'm not actually a 'halc-hater.' I'm trying to add flavor to the game. Who is more the hater, the guy who says let people work hard for a goal and get a nominal but cool occassional benefit from it, or the guy who wants to get rid of them altogether?

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:46 pm

Metal reasonable sure its annoying, ability to negate it not so much. (unless you want an additional metal to balance it out, like scarey cat, 10 points, put on 500 halc's ability auto halc, you will automatically reapply a halc trap if you have them in your cargo and have not done a hostile action in 24 hours)

Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:59 am

draxsiss wrote:
Metal reasonable sure its annoying, ability to negate it not so much. (unless you want an additional metal to balance it out, like scarey cat, 10 points, put on 500 halc's ability auto halc, you will automatically reapply a halc trap if you have them in your cargo and have not done a hostile action in 24 hours)

Um, no. Then we wouldn't be able to disable players two hours after tripping their halcs.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:25 am

eh the supply of halc's will dry up over time, a slow steady constant drain will make sure most people will not be halced forever (although very long times may be possable)

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:03 am

draxsiss wrote:
eh the supply of halc's will dry up over time, a slow steady constant drain will make sure most people will not be halced forever (although very long times may be possable)

Halcyon Trap (Uses Left: 4250). I'm sure it could last indefinitely in a number of legions.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:10 am

+1

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:41 am

draxsiss wrote:

Once a person reaches the point where they receive 12 halcyons a day that ability would allow a person to be halced in perpetuity as long as they did not invade a planet or pvp.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:35 pm

I like the medal idea. +1

Nix the rest though.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:42 pm

Shade,

Even the medal would be something. Kind of telling on your efforts. Regarding comment that people would/could halc twelve times a day. Hey more power to ya, if you have no life and can be on THAT much, kudos! I like to pvp at night (my time zone) and hope that helps others for halcs I trip overnite (day zone for others)!

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:01 am

Maybe the medal could be called Whaddayamean "Trap Probes?" 8-)

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:52 pm

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Yet another "I hate halcyons" suggestion... What we need is an incentive for people to not be able to use them. Stay tuned, I'm working on that and people are REALLY going to go crazy when they see what I have in mind.

Doth thou intend to use ones secondary forum account to point out the negatives of ones own suggestion?

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:54 pm

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
I like the idea of having a medal or 2 related to halcs, don't care either way on the abilities. There's always going to be people who cry about pvp, no matter what is n place.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:05 pm

Stay hacled for 100 days get 1 point and a ship mod that doubles your halcy time Cost 50,000nrg to use .

Dont set a halc for 100 days. Get 10pts and a ship mod that prevents you from attacking enemy ships. Cost 60,000 nrg to turn it off for 1 hour. <-- ship mod autoinstalls

Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:32 am

Can i use like 2000 halcs and kill inane suggestions? I got 2-3 to apply :P

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:50 am

itsSoulPLayAgain wrote:
Stay hacled for 100 days get 1 point and a ship mod that doubles your halcy time Cost 50,000nrg to use .

Dont set a halc for 100 days. Get 10pts and a ship mod that prevents you from attacking enemy ships. Cost 60,000 nrg to turn it off for 1 hour. <-- ship mod autoinstalls

In that case I'd make sure to halc up at least once every few months. And I like the 50k energy cost for the double halc time ability. And what are the points for?

Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:15 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:

Doth thou intend to use ones secondary forum account to point out the negatives of ones own suggestion?

lol

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:01 am

Plagueis wrote:
itsSoulPLayAgain wrote:

In that case I'd make sure to halc up at least once every few months. And I like the 50k energy cost for the double halc time ability. And what are the points for?

The points are for medals. They're their to make you feel like you accomplished some thing special for doing some thing every one dose and that you would have done any ways. Like getting a rewarded for putting on pants today.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next